Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Pitch a direction : FUTURE Miles Morales?

What do you think will happen with Miles in the near AND far future?

Will there be a "death of Spider-man" similar to Cap and Superman where Miles is the main Spidey?

What will he do for a job when he grows up? (SHIELD operative?)

Will he still be around in 2099? Is Miguel O'Hara a descendant?

YOUR thoughts and opinions on this?

SHIELD no longer exists. Good point about a job though. We've seen future versions of him in Gwenpool and All-New Wolverine, but neither gave any indication of their employment.

He logically should still be around in 2099 barring an unnatural death, though if you ignore the sliding timescale, he'd be elderly and likely retired. Miguel is unrelated.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

Miles eventually becomes the main Spider-man. Given that he'd likely be born in the early 2000's he would probably be active pre-Miguel but probably no later officially than the 2070's.

Given that by 2099, part of the reason Miguel gained his powers was to recreate Spider-man I would assume Miles is probably retired or dead. However if up to me I would go for an underground Miles Morales.

By 2099 Miles is still around and pretty much only still active thanks to his powers keeping him in fairly good condition. Miles would to me take on a role of an underground Spider-man, close to the street and pretty much a myth. An urban legend not to dissimilar to Bloody Mary where young criminals would tell stories about the Spider-man still being around with conflicting accounts of whether it actually was Miles or not. His invisibility and discharge powers pretty much tuned to the point you'd never know if he was there or not and where the attack even came from.
    I'd also like to think he would take a note from the theatrics of Superheroes and build himself up as a ghoul. He's older so he can't quite take as much and dish out as much as he'd used to so the psychology is really the important bit. He'd essentially make himself appear as a creature of the night to scare potential villains and give himself an edge in combat.

As for a job, I'm sure by 2099 he'd be getting a retirement check but for some reason I kind of like the idea of him running his own small business. Kind of like a place where he'd stock items that the kids of tomorrow are interested in. Like he never lost the pulse on what the latest trends are and what people are into. He's got a swagger because he knows he's in the here and now and maybe a little bit of the future. Even going as far as to perform outreach programs where he gets people equipped with skills and tech for their daily lives.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Honestly, I am having too much enjoying teenage Miles at the moment to worry about his future.

ITSV sort of suggested that Miles is a budding artist, based on his graffiti art and murals that he does. So that's one idea. And a superhero who is also an artist is a cool idea...the last time it was done was Kyle Rayner. Steve Rogers was an illustrator before he became Cap but he's got no private life anymore.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Miles eventually becomes the main Spider-man. Given that he'd likely be born in the early 2000's he would probably be active pre-Miguel but probably no later officially than the 2070's.

Given that by 2099, part of the reason Miguel gained his powers was to recreate Spider-man I would assume Miles is probably retired or dead. However if up to me I would go for an underground Miles Morales.

By 2099 Miles is still around and pretty much only still active thanks to his powers keeping him in fairly good condition. Miles would to me take on a role of an underground Spider-man, close to the street and pretty much a myth. An urban legend not to dissimilar to Bloody Mary where young criminals would tell stories about the Spider-man still being around with conflicting accounts of whether it actually was Miles or not. His invisibility and discharge powers pretty much tuned to the point you'd never know if he was there or not and where the attack even came from.
    I'd also like to think he would take a note from the theatrics of Superheroes and build himself up as a ghoul. He's older so he can't quite take as much and dish out as much as he'd used to so the psychology is really the important bit. He'd essentially make himself appear as a creature of the night to scare potential villains and give himself an edge in combat.

As for a job, I'm sure by 2099 he'd be getting a retirement check but for some reason I kind of like the idea of him running his own small business. Kind of like a place where he'd stock items that the kids of tomorrow are interested in. Like he never lost the pulse on what the latest trends are and what people are into. He's got a swagger because he knows he's in the here and now and maybe a little bit of the future. Even going as far as to perform outreach programs where he gets people equipped with skills and tech for their daily lives.
    If there were to be a new "Prime-Future" I could see it still being MC2-esque; Peter retires after his final showdown with Norman and Miles ends up taking up the mantle full-on. And then later on when Pete's daughter develops powers of her own, Miles ends up training her to become the next successor.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Will there be a "death of Spider-man" similar to Cap and Superman where Miles is the main Spidey?
    I kind of feel like if anyone would replace Peter as Spider-Man in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man, it would have to be someone introduced in and is a part of Amazing Spider-Man, especially since said character would probably have to carry on Peter's storylines and supporting cast until he inevitably comes back and Miles is already doing his own thing as Spider-Man so I'm not sure if it would work to make him the only one.

Miles kind of did that with Ultimate Peter "back in the day," but I don't think he could pull it off in 616. Especially when his and Peter's worlds aren't really in sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If there were to be a new "Prime-Future" I could see it still being MC2-esque; Peter retires after his final showdown with Norman and Miles ends up taking up the mantle full-on. And then later on when Pete's daughter develops powers of her own, Miles ends up training her to become the next successor.
    Kind of reminds me of Young Justice with Kaldur (although it hasn't been confirmed whether he's mentoring Arthur Jr. yet).

At the moment, there'd probably need to be TWO replacements, as Peter has two solo books.

That MC2 idea is a good one - I wonder how different that concept would be if they did it now? A-Next was mostly new characters, but nowadays it would probably be characters from the New Warriors, Young Avengers, Avengers Initiative, Avengers Academy, and Champions teams. Cassie Lang canonically became Stinger younger now, so she'd be established instead of a rookie. Red Wasp, obviously would be a hero instead of a villain, since that's the character MCU Hope was based on, who Nadia is in turn the comic counterpart of. If Wild Thing still existed, she'd now be X-23 and Honey Badger's younger half-sister - the Kinney sisters didn't exist yet when MC2 launched. Anya Corazon, who never switched from Arana to Spider-Girl in MC2 because the transition happened in 616 after her MC2 debut, would be Spider-Woman in an updated version of MC2. Gerry Drew would probably now be Spider-Boy instead of Spider-Man (we know he inherited Jessica's powers), and would now have Miles Morales as a mentor.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-07-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At the moment, there'd probably need to be TWO replacements, as Peter has two solo books.

That MC2 idea is a good one - I wonder how different that concept would be if they did it now? A-Next was mostly new characters, but nowadays it would probably be characters from the New Warriors, Young Avengers, Avengers Initiative, Avengers Academy, and Champions teams. Cassie Lang canonically became Stinger younger now, so she'd be established instead of a rookie. Red Wasp, obviously would be a hero instead of a villain, since that's the character MCU Hope was based on, who Nadia is in turn the comic counterpart of. If Wild Thing still existed, she'd now be X-23 and Honey Badger's younger half-sister - the Kinney sisters didn't exist yet when MC2 launched. Anya Corazon, who never switched from Arana to Spider-Girl in MC2 because the transition happened in 616 after her MC2 debut, would be Spider-Woman in an updated version of MC2. Gerry Drew would probably now be Spider-Boy instead of Spider-Man (we know he inherited Jessica's powers), and would now have Miles Morales as a mentor.
    I think that it would be great to see Miles ascend to be a national hero. Let graduate from street hero to being a top operative in a new version of SHIELD. Then he can evolve beyond that to a man of Captain America level prominence.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I think that it would be great to see Miles ascend to be a national hero. Let graduate from street hero to being a top operative in a new version of SHIELD. Then he can evolve beyond that to a man of Captain America level prominence.
    I can definitely get behind this idea, it's cool and pretty unique. Not to mention it already has a basis so it would just be a matter of shaping the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I mean, for the most part Miles doesn't seem to have much of a developed civilian or personal life, or any other real, significant, hobbies outside being Spider-Man so you could probably spin him in a more Superheroic or bigger hero role then I think you could do Peter (because look how Parker Industries ended up).

20 years from now hopefully Miles will be chairman of the Avengers.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

It would be unbelievably stupid if Miles ends up being some sort of big shot hero while Peter is still not allowed to grow or progress in any shape or form...
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

After 20 years? Peter would probably be retired, assuming it's a sliding timescale ignoring future set AU and not 616.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    It would be unbelievably stupid if Miles ends up being some sort of big shot hero while Peter is still not allowed to grow or progress in any shape or form...
    Ideally having younger characters like Miles is supposed to be incentive to allow Marvel to be more willing to allow changes with Peter.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Ideally having younger characters like Miles is supposed to be incentive to allow Marvel to be more willing to allow changes with Peter.
    Within reason. Another Parker Industries-type situation doesn't seem like something Marvel should rush into again.

I think Miles being around should mean we get way, way, less of a manchild-esque, "chasing his youth," Spidey who sometimes acts like he's still a rookie and is generally treated like the scum of the Marvel Universe.

So no more BND Spidey and far more PS4 Spidey.

But it does make me curious how much longer Marvel might string out Miles' high school years.