Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

It doesn't help that every few chapters we jump from Faust/Savage plot to Doomscrolls plot killing the momentum a bit.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Who thought this was a good idea to pace the book this way? I just can't wrap my head around by the book is structured this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    It's official. Challenge of the Super Sons is back, with at least 3 new issues, starting 15 March.
    At least, four other issues are already announced.

Challenge of the Super Sons (2020-) #11
    Written by Peter J. Tomasi.
    Art by Evan Stanley and Luis Guerrero.
    Digital Release Date: 5 April 2021.

It’s a knock-down drag-out brawl for the ages! Felix Faust and Vandal Savage are hell bent on dissecting the time-travelling Super Sons to unlock the secrets of the future the boys possess – but not if the young sorceress Rora has anything to say about it! Superboy and Robin team-up with their new mega-magical ally in battle for not just their own lives – but time itself! Great Scott!

Challenge of the Super Sons (2020-) #12
    Art by Evan Stanley and Luis Guerrero.
    Digital Release Date: 12 April 2021.

Well THAT could have gone better. Superboy and Robin have been defeated at the hands of Vandal Savage and Felix Faust, and it seems as though all hope is lost. Welp, guess it’s time to pack it up folks – everybody! Book’s closed, we can all go home now! Looks like I’ll just clock out and—wait a tick…who’s that there to save the day? It’s Rora! And a couple of nasty looking trolls who clearly did NOT care much for being used as doorstops last chapter! All right Super Sons – time to get back to the future! Great Scott!

Challenge of the Super Sons (2020-) #13
    Art by Max Raynor and Luis Guerrero.
    Digital Release Date: 19 April 2021.

The boys have saved just about every single member of the Justice League from a horrendous fate at the hands of the DOOM SCROLL…but can the boys save themselves?! It’s one final cross-time rumble between the Super Sons and their magical nemeses from the past: VANDAL SAVAGE AND FELIX FAUST! Can Superboy and Robin close the portal and seal out these temporal jerks once and for all? And even if they can do THAT, how on earth are they going to explain this to BATMAN and SUPERMAN?

Challenge of the Super Sons (2020-) #14
    Art by Max Raynor and Luis Guerrero.
    Digital Release Date: 26 April 2021.

You thought this story as all wrapped, didn’t you? Not even close! Well a little close. In this final chapter of CHALLENGE OF THE SUPER SONS, Robin and Superboy must finally come face to face with their world’s-finest-fathers and explain what on earth just happened and why the entire Justice League was attacked in the span of a day. Superman and Batman join the fray in this explosive final chapter of the latest installment of THE SUPER SONS!

Seems like Challenge of the Super Sons #14 may be the final issue.

****. I knew this wouldn't be a long running thing but I was hoping I wouldn't speak it into existence -____-

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Who thought this was a good idea to pace the book this way? I just can't wrap my head around by the book is structured this way.
    Maybe a better (chronological) reading order could be #1, #4, #5, #10, #11, #12, #2, #3, #6, #7, #8, #9, #13 and #14?

Is it just me or did they imply that Savage killed the Rora's parents? But in earlier chapters it was shown that Savage was found by Faust and Rora. So he supposedly kill her parents at some point before that randomly? Or did I get it wrong? Or is this just a minor plot hole and I'm over thinking it?

I've just realised that last week I downloaded and read issue 11 instead of issue 10. I don't know how, I don't know why, the cover was from issue 10 but all the rest were the pages from issue 11 O.O

I will read both of them now, in the correct order.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    I've just realised that last week I downloaded and read issue 11 instead of issue 10. I don't know how, I don't know why, the cover was from issue 10 but all the rest were the pages from issue 11 O.O

I will read both of them now, in the correct order.
    Didn't just happen to you. I think it happened to everyone. Someone screwed up clearly. Whether it was Comixology or DC, who knows? Issue 11 reads much better when you've always read issue 10, which has some great Damian bits and give some context to Rora's motives.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

With how plot is jumping from one timeline to another I just assumed that we got another jump. I don't know, I like overall story more than Adventures, but this jumping is really trying to pull it down a notch.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The art was a huge step down this issue and the jumping around in time has left me lost. Hopefully, this all gets sorted out when this series is collected.

Okay. Looks like we're finally done with the flashback stuff (though this issue actually wasn't half bad). And judging by the cover of the next issue, we're getting the regular artist back. Thank God.

Like always, the story got good again once we came back to the present. Really enjoyed this one. Especially the back and forth at the beginning with Jon freaking out lol

When they call the next issue the last in the "latest installment" I reeeeeally hope that means there's gonna be more coming eventually. Because I am so not ready for this series to end for the third time. It's just too damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Like always, the story got good again once we came back to the present. Really enjoyed this one. Especially the back and forth at the beginning with Jon freaking out lol

When they call the next issue the last in the "latest installment" I reeeeeally hope that means there's gonna be more coming eventually. Because I am so not ready for this series to end for the third time. It's just too damn good.
    I'm holding out that the Super Sons will get future volumes as well. It's clear we're not getting Jon deaged any time soon, if ever, so this is the best compromise to appease those of us who aren't on board with the older Jon Kent. It may depend on print sales of the single issues and trades, but hopefully they'll do well enough for another mini series or a continuation of this one.

Only Kronika could save Jon now & she belongs to Mortal Kombat all is lost

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Well, Rora calling Jon “Superman” sure does hit different since last week’s news.

So are grandpa Damian and Jon the “real”versions? I assumed from AOTSS they were the ones from the Wonder Machine living in the hyper cube reality. Guess I was overthinking it lol.

I wish the issues were arranged more coherently, but it was a fun little adventure. Simone de Mio’s cover arts are the highlight and I can’t wait to see all of them.