Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Default Steve Orlando on the Marauders

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-marauders...ndo-interview/

Note the name dropped at the end of the interview.
    My flag is bacon.

Hellion isn't the name being dropped. But I can drop this book's name off my pull list until he shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

It's always disappointing that he never has anything to say about Aurora in these interviews. Even when directly asked, it seems like his answers segue back to his thoughts on Daken.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

None of this sounds particularly interesting to me, except maybe the X-aminations riff issue. Disappointed that Carlini will be back on art. We really don't need another cast member on this book, it kind of sounds like it will be Madrox, but that doesn't fit with the other hints Orlando has given. Cassandra needs to go, there is absolutely no reason for them to keep her around after this opening arc. Sounds like Daken might get a name change, I don't know that it will stick, but I guess the people who think his current codename is a slur will be pleased. I'm glad that we will be checking in with Greycrow, but with an already overcrowded book I don't think it will be a satisfying appearance.

This was a fun interview. The fear and hate from the womb for xavier was an "okay... i see where your going... maybe instinct...?" lol but i enjoyed the read. he seems to be having fun which is coming across in the book and i have grown very fond of the art as well.

As far as who Daken has to stab to get a codename? Hopefully it's not the same person that told Rachel, Prestige sounds good. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Regarding the mutant rescue premise:

"And we DO see them following that mandate, performing more traditional terrestrial rescues like the Fever Pitch rescue in Issue One. And we'll see more of those, both in Marauders and X-Men Green. But at the same time, Pryde and Bishop are re-evaluating if they, as mutants, need to accept the parameters of rescue that humans do. In a nation that includes telekinetics, chronokinetics, and every other power we can dream of why does rescue have to just be in the present, for corporeal people? This is what our first major arc is about -- redefining rescue for an era of mutant thought and mutant rules instead of human thought and rules. Time and Space are but another medium for mutantkind to wield."

So time/space-traveling rescues? If Shard is not included in this er, redefinition of rescue, I'll protest.

"Issue 6, we're doing an homage to X-Factor's Doc Samson issue and digging into each crew member's character a bit deeper. And then after that? So much to come, but standout moments for Tempo, Bishop, and Psylocke... More to come with solicits!"

"Issue #5 was such a treat! It's hard not to spoil it, but we have revealed that this issue will pit the Marauders against the original Nemesis from Age of Apocalypse. And we'll find him in a moment of confusion, rage, and desperation."

"But what do you have to look forward to? We've only teased ten thousand years of first appearances, but it's not just that. You'll see the ninth Marauder at last. But wait, which one of them? Does Pryde only christen Marauders for a day in X-Men Green? How many folks can fit into one ninth chair? Who's stowed away two billion years of the past, intent on rewriting humanity's history from amoeba one? Who does Akihiro have to kill around here to get his first real codename? And will Greycrow be eaten out of business by an unexpected guest?"

I did not understand that last paragraph at all but here's some eXclusive art:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Regarding the mutant rescue premise:

"And we DO see them following that mandate, performing more traditional terrestrial rescues like the Fever Pitch rescue in Issue One. And we'll see more of those, both in Marauders and X-Men Green. But at the same time, Pryde and Bishop are re-evaluating if they, as mutants, need to accept the parameters of rescue that humans do. In a nation that includes telekinetics, chronokinetics, and every other power we can dream of why does rescue have to just be in the present, for corporeal people? This is what our first major arc is about -- redefining rescue for an era of mutant thought and mutant rules instead of human thought and rules. Time and Space are but another medium for mutantkind to wield."

So time/space-traveling rescues? If Shard is not included in this er, redefinition of rescue, I'll protest.

"Issue 6, we're doing an homage to X-Factor's Doc Samson issue and digging into each crew member's character a bit deeper. And then after that? So much to come, but standout moments for Tempo, Bishop, and Psylocke... More to come with solicits!"

"Issue #5 was such a treat! It's hard not to spoil it, but we have revealed that this issue will pit the Marauders against the original Nemesis from Age of Apocalypse. And we'll find him in a moment of confusion, rage, and desperation."

"But what do you have to look forward to? We've only teased ten thousand years of first appearances, but it's not just that. You'll see the ninth Marauder at last. But wait, which one of them? Does Pryde only christen Marauders for a day in X-Men Green? How many folks can fit into one ninth chair? Who's stowed away two billion years of the past, intent on rewriting humanity's history from amoeba one? Who does Akihiro have to kill around here to get his first real codename? And will Greycrow be eaten out of business by an unexpected guest?"

I did not understand that last paragraph at all but here's some eXclusive art:

Perhaps this will be the book those who will themselves through the waiting room may end up in? There could be alternate mutants there now able to make it out on their own so many first apperances to the 616. I could see 616 due to what wanda did becoming an overall safe haven for multi dimensional mutants who never recovered from m day in their reality. Actually it could be an interesting premise, the 616 now being the only safe reality for mutants which would make eventually powers of x dominio make more sense because then they become a constant in all realities if i'm remember how that is suppose to work right.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Perhaps this will be the book those who will themselves through the waiting room may end up in? There could be alternate mutants there now able to make it out on their own so many first apperances to the 616. I could see 616 due to what wanda did becoming an overall safe haven for multi dimensional mutants who never recovered from m day in their reality. Actually it could be an interesting premise, the 616 now being the only safe reality for mutants which would make eventually powers of x dominio make more sense because then they become a constant in all realities if i'm remember how that is suppose to work right.
    I really like this idea. It opens up a lot of possibilities for a lot of fan favorite characters from other dimensions and time to return.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What a lovely idea. That would be awesome

Astonishing Member

A Krakoan Department of Timeline Refugees. I dig it.

I really want to support Steve but nothing about the book (aside from the Annual) has been that interesting to me. And the art doesn't do any favors either. Hopefully this picks up. Great cast and writer.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

This title really needs better art.
    This cartoon-style doesn't fit the story told.

Hard disagree with all of y’all. Carlini is great.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hellion isn't the name being dropped. But I can drop this book's name off my pull list until he shows up.
    spoilers:
    Greycrow
    end of spoilers >>>>>>>>>>> Hellion
    My flag is bacon.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Hard disagree with all of y’all. Carlini is great.
    Some pages are Chef's Kiss and some are wth?

I want more of the guy from the Annual.
    "Cable was right!"