Page 430 of 631 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    You mean the full statue? That is a good one. I love the ankle wings too. I know you hated the redesign of the wings from the movie poster I posted before.

Hmm don't know why the forum counted one of my pictures twice. Here's the shirt.
    Attachment 31217
    I am gonna need that shirt!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The entire "event" was a monumental joke from start to finish with only highlight being the Fantastic Four reveal.
    This was honestly a fantastic four story featuring everyone, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Captain America 75th Anniversary special is on in 4 days. What are the chances they'll mention Namor while talking about Cap's early days?
    This is something I've been awaiting for ages. Now that it is so close I'm psyched. Good series though not perfect.#cough# Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    This was honestly a fantastic four story featuring everyone, IMHO.
    So they dump the FF books and refuse to promote them PR-wise. Then they run a massive all encompassing Marvel event and they are the main elements it revolves around...... Secret plot by writer FF fans or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    It sort of sounds like the end of Lost. Most of them moved on. The survivors in the All Faith's Chapel did anyway but, some went back to The Island and were put in charge. They had grown in spirit but, not enough yet to move on and it was their turn to go through the crucible and suffer helping others not yet enlightened. Ben Linus and Hurley grew but not enough to leave. It was their turn in Jack's and Sawyer's and Kate's positions as leaders.

Was Marvel condescensionally saying Ben and Torch had not grown enough spiritually, I guess (not having read it....boycott !
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousODG View Post
    I really don't think Hickman was suggesting they weren't enlightened enough yet. I mean... Bentley-666 is with em, after all. I kinda took Reed and Sue's comments as if Ben's and Torch's lives as superheroes was far from over. That the new universe still needed them and they couldn't be taken away to be with the Future Foundation. Reed's melancholy is more about missing them and not having them be there with him and his family doin science.
    They are needed elsewhere. Hmm?

Thanks Custodes, I will and will be on the lookout for any Namor memorabilia to post in here. Allen Bellman from the golden age will be in the convention and Aaaron Kuder the current Superman artist as well as the actor that plays the Flash dad (Flash from the 90's) so I'm excited.
    I haven't been to a local comicbook show in ages. I hear ours are not bad but, small. I used to go in the 90s to these...

http://www.albanycomicbookshow.com/guests.html

Most guests are comic folks who live not too far away.

Have a blast at your's this weekend Thor-El. Keep us informed of interesting developments.
    Last edited by Custodes; 01-15-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Mighty Member

I haven't been to a local comicbook show in ages. I hear ours are not bad but, small. I used to go in the 90s to these...

Have a blast at your's this weekend Thor-El. Keep us informed of interesting developments.
    Wow, Joe Sinnot, would love to meet him. Will do Custodes, thank you.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wow, Joe Sinnot, would love to meet him. Will do Custodes, thank you.
    I would love to meet Joe Sinnott, too! He did Namor, and I think Doom, for one of his Inkwell Awards Challenge.

And there's some interesting old school creators there too, that I don't usually see. I'll have to put this on my con to visit in the future list.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-15-2016 at 07:14 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That sounds disappointing. I haven't read it yet, but from what I understand

spoilers:
    T'Challa uses the Time or Reality Gem to turn back time? Would that mean the Illuminati's adventures never happened? Because it's clear in Squadron Supreme #1 that Namor as well as the SS remember everything that happened with the Great Society.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't read it yet, either, so I'm speaking from ignorance but from reading other threads it looks like Marvel is giving everyone a free pass, clean slate, get out of jail pass, even the person who caused the incursions. Everyone except Namor. Are you kidding me???

<possible spoilers>
    spoilers:
    It looks like Namor was slain for an act that never happened, or that no one should remember. It is also possible that the Namor that was killed was not the Namor that committed the deed. As I said above I haven't read it yet.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I would love to meet Joe Sinnott, too! He did Namor, and I think Doom, for one of his Inkwell Awards Challenge.

And there's some interesting old school creators there too, that I don't usually see. I'll have to put this on my con to visit in the future list.
    I've met him a few times. Not lately though. Once at a strange but fun little Utica show. Small auction there with few bidders. I won a top bid on a beautiful Sam Glansman gouache painting called D-Day Plus one, Omaha Beach. Very Blue colored and unique. My old pal, won a bid on a large Sinnott Captain America pencil piece. We both went home happy.

The Albany show is small ( at least it used to be) and at a Wolf Road Hotel. Pretty friendly though, as I recall. Like I said mostly creators in the area who can get here easily. It is only 2 miles from the Albany, NY Airport though.

I posted the site hoping others might have a favorite little local show.

Nothing like NY, Atlanta or San Diego of course. Like, half the size of the old NYC Big Apple Shows that were held in the now defunct church at Columbus Circle.

He is my perfect Kirby inker. Not that I don't love many others. That Namor above is a true Namor likeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    I haven't read it yet, either, so I'm speaking from ignorance but from reading other threads it looks like Marvel is giving everyone a free pass, clean slate, get out of jail pass, even the person who caused the incursions. Everyone except Namor. Are you kidding me???
    Yep, that's a pretty accurate assessment. Where's that scapegoat scan?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    <possible spoilers>
    spoilers:
    It looks like Namor was slain for an act that never happened, or that no one should remember. It is also possible that the Namor that was killed was not the Namor that committed the deed. As I said above I haven't read it yet.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think that's exactly what happened. In SS, IIRC, Joe Public seems to be aware of the Incursions. It's just not clear what happened in Secret Wars 9, right now.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Three more Namor shirts I own.

You can find this image on just about everything, including a pillow!

https://society6.com/product/prince-...#48=351&50=367

Hard to go wrong with an iconic classic. : ) You may find it elsewhere, but I got mine here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sub-Mariner-...zXDlGD86IyT2SQ

Next to the Namor Riding a Narwhale Thru a Ring of Fire shirt, this one gets a lot of attention. You can get it in a variety of colors and in sizes, including womens!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/popn...location=front

I've met him a few times. Not lately though. Once at a strange but fun little Utica show. Small auction there with few bidders. I won a top bid on a beautiful Sam Glansman gouache painting called D-Day Plus one, Omaha Beach. Very Blue colored and unique. My old pal, won a bid on a large Sinnott Captain America pencil piece. We both went home happy.

The Albany show is small ( at least it used to be) and at a Wolf Road Hotel. Pretty friendly though, as I recall. Like I said mostly creators in the area who can get here easily. It is only 2 miles from the Albany, NY Airport though.

I posted the site hoping others might have a favorite little local show.

Nothing like NY, Atlanta or San Diego of course. Like, half the size of the old NYC Big Apple Shows that were held in the now defunct church at Columbus Circle.

He is my perfect Kirby inker. Not that I don't love many others. That Namor above is a true Namor likeness.
    Sinnott is synonymous with the FF for me.

Small cons DO have their advantages.

I bet that D-Day painting is amazing!

Not really a little show, but a great show for anyone who loves comic art is HEROESCON in Charlotte, NC. They do a one day mini-con at the end of January, that I'm going to try to go to for the first time. The creators of the new Hellcat book are going to be there, as well as some more local creators.

http://www.heroesonline.com/blog/201...nuary-30-2016/

Off to do some errands while have some daylight and 60+ degree weather. I wouldn't be surprised if they said we hit 70 today.

Sinnott is synonymous with the FF for me.

Small cons DO have their advantages.

I bet that D-Day painting is amazing!

Not really a little show, but a great show for anyone who loves comic art is HEROESCON in Charlotte, NC. They do a one day mini-con at the end of January, that I'm going to try to go to for the first time. The creators of the new Hellcat book are going to be there, as well as some more local creators.

http://www.heroesonline.com/blog/201...nuary-30-2016/

Off to do some errands while have some daylight and 60+ degree weather. I wouldn't be surprised if they said we hit 70 today.
    That does sound like fun. Please give us a good write up if you get a chance afterwards.I don't know most of the guests but, I think I remember liking Brian Stelfreeze a couple of decades ago. On Batman covers or something. Enjoy the good weather too. We had all day rain.

How is Patsy? It looks sort of kid-like.

Three more Namor shirts I own.

You can find this image on just about everything, including a pillow!

https://society6.com/product/prince-...#48=351&50=367

Hard to go wrong with an iconic classic. : ) You may find it elsewhere, but I got mine here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sub-Mariner-...zXDlGD86IyT2SQ

Next to the Namor Riding a Narwhale Thru a Ring of Fire shirt, this one gets a lot of attention. You can get it in a variety of colors and in sizes, including womens!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/popn...location=front
    All three are awesome. Maybe the middle one is my favorite, being a classic. You sure fly your colors Rev!

I read #2 of Namor's 1968 series yesterday. Battled Triton (man, that was beginning to seem like the "They Live" fight), and they both got captured by...what was his name...was it Plant Man?
    Anyway, the struggle continues next issue!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."