Page 318 of 388 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 5810

I rather get a Conner game than a Clark one.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Make it semi-procedurally generated if you want to go to space. Make the environments destructable...planet busting/pushing feats would be something new entirely in games though..Animating that would be easy.. it's done to death..But as part of game itself will be new...i am sure they could do it.

I feel greenlantern is the hardest character to make game out of.I mean,making constructs from what you feed into computer real time and on top of that having game play with those same constructs.. It's gonna need some heavy innovation..or you will need to actively restrict the number of constructs to preprogrammed and designed ones only.That wouldn't be much of a simulator.Atleast,a nerfed one is possible.

Superman?yeah! He's Hercules that flies.He's basically sun wukong with lesser variety in abilities and more ridiculous feats like sneezing planets away and whatnot.
    I'm reminded of the Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game. THAT was a lot of fun and you felt like the Hulk playing it. Something like that with more Superman powers would be feasable.... but then the idea with Superman is that he doesn't WANT to destroy the city. So 'fully destructible' kind of goes against the spirit.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm reminded of the Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game. THAT was a lot of fun and you felt like the Hulk playing it. Something like that with more Superman powers would be feasable.... but then the idea with Superman is that he doesn't WANT to destroy the city. So 'fully destructible' kind of goes against the spirit.
    I think a bit of city health bar and game over setting/features should be added in.I would also have game plays without it,just in case.if your preffered version of supes is siegel's superman.Then that guy used to break stuff to send a message.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I hate how whenever Superman gains a new superpowered addition to his cast they just send them away and oftentimes to Smallville. At least Conner had adventures in Hawaii but now they seem to play up his "clone of Superman" angle.

I also think it's kinda weird how Superman often doesn't raise his children in Metropolis.
    Yeah I think if they all stayed together in the same city like Batman characters do, with superman characters showing up in their stories more often it would work better and make ppl want to read them more.

Hawaii was awesome, but it's really not been done that well with any other SUPER character (besides the awesome Linda danvers that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah. To me, Smallville as a setting is boring and played out; Metropolis is a lot cooler and more exciting.

Also, tangentially, Kon-El was often more interesting when he wasn't actually a partial clone of Superman, but a genetically engineered meta designed to look like Superman.

Metropolis is a much more fun spot to play in for sure, I don't think there should be doubt in that for sure.

He was more interesting when he had a real personality and had fun being a hero, having his whole stchick being about where he is from and not who he is messed him up.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather get a Conner game than a Clark one.

Don't say that to loud around here lol.

Conner isn't as physically powerful as superman,so he won't be said to be invulnerable for a game, plus he has TK which gives him a cool power that no other super character has and gives him that extra something that makes him just as much of a beast as the others.

Plus his game locations would be cool asf if they follow his history
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Superman?yeah! He's Hercules that flies.He's basically sun wukong with lesser variety in abilities and more ridiculous feats like sneezing planets away and whatnot.
    And has ice breath, wind breath, solar absorption and can see the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

Sometimes, the way you talk about Superman makes me wonder if you've ever read a Superman comic at all. The way you describe Superman is more accurate for Goku, a character who praises you repeatedly sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And has ice breath, wind breath, solar absorption and can see the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

Sometimes, the way you talk about Superman makes me wonder if you've ever read a Superman comic at all. The way you describe Superman is more accurate for Goku, a character who praises you repeatedly sing.
    Big deal!a bunch of projectile attacks and a detective mode.Not much of a hard thing to do.Dude!literal ice guys and fire guys are made.A buff from sun or whatever.(btw!Solar absorption isn't a power.It's what you call a dumb explanation.Still a flying brick!!)

Hell yeah! I prefer goku..He's a flying brick too..But he doesn't bore you with nonsensical grand standing..Besides,i love flying nimbus..None of it is relevant to my post.people need to get out of " superman game is hard to make..so it's not" bubble.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-21-2022 at 10:01 PM.

I appreciate that you posted some examples. I'll get around to watching the longer videos some time down the line.

As for the shorter ones, I am familiar with Asura's Wrath, and I agree it has some elements I'd want in a Superman game. The Sun Wukong one, though, I'm not so sure. It looks really good, especially at 2160p and 60 fps, but I don't quite see it as an example of how to do a Superman game other than fighting a really powerful creature. It's like, I dunno, more like Shadow of the Colossus?

I think a lot of solid video games can be made with Superman as the solo protagonist, but the real issue we wonder about is if a Superman game can be made to be on par with something like Arkham City, which I more or less consider the Super Mario 64 of superhero games, against which all other superhero games will inevitably be compared against.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Yeah I think if they all stayed together in the same city like Batman characters do, with superman characters showing up in their stories more often it would work better and make ppl want to read them more.

Hawaii was awesome, but it's really not been done that well with any other SUPER character (besides the awesome Linda danvers that is).

Metropolis is a much more fun spot to play in for sure, I don't think there should be doubt in that for sure.

He was more interesting when he had a real personality and had fun being a hero, having his whole stchick being about where he is from and not who he is messed him up.

Don't say that to loud around here lol.

Conner isn't as physically powerful as superman,so he won't be said to be invulnerable for a game, plus he has TK which gives him a cool power that no other super character has and gives him that extra something that makes him just as much of a beast as the others.

Plus his game locations would be cool asf if they follow his history
    If anything you could start out with his introduction in Death of Superman. ,

Big deal!a bunch of projectile attacks and a detective mode.Not much of a hard thing to do.Dude!literal ice guys and fire guys are made.A buff from sun or whatever.(btw!Solar absorption isn't a power.It's what you call a dumb explanation.Still a flying brick!!)

Hell yeah! I prefer goku..He's a flying brick too..But he doesn't bore you with nonsensical grand standing..Besides,i love flying nimbus..None of it is relevant to my post.people need to get out of " superman game is hard to make..so it's not" bubble.
    I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I appreciate that you posted some examples. I'll get around to watching the longer videos some time down the line.

As for the shorter ones, I am familiar with Asura's Wrath, and I agree it has some elements I'd want in a Superman game. The Sun Wukong one, though, I'm not so sure. It looks really good, especially at 2160p and 60 fps, but I don't quite see it as an example of how to do a Superman game other than fighting a really powerful creature. It's like, I dunno, more like Shadow of the Colossus?

I think a lot of solid video games can be made with Superman as the solo protagonist, but the real issue we wonder about is if a Superman game can be made to be on par with something like Arkham City, which I more or less consider the Super Mario 64 of superhero games, against which all other superhero games will inevitably be compared against.
    Fighting a powerful creature is what i wanted from sun wukong one.
    There are a bunch of others as well.There is stuff like no man's sky that really makes you feel insignificant compared to the vastness of space.Even if you are superman and can travel without a space ship.Arkham has a stealth and detective story side.I don't think that's Superman.Superman should be more Investigative journalism and opinion pieces,scifi and exploration.You could do the whole helping extinct spieces across the unvierse,Building citadal or fortress..etc

What i was getting at is that.WB has far more resources Than any of these game companies that made these kinda games.Yet,they were able to get Superman-esque over the top protagonists on to platforms.Yet,WB doesn't.If not an arkham level thing(a hit is not something that's guaranteed.it's something that happens.Somethings are perfected through time.before batman arkham there was batman tas game,vengence..etc) something decent could have been made all this time.Yet they have'nt.There would be no previous version of superman's arkham series if it ever get's made.So,it's more than "It's hard".So the discussions on "How you could make superman games" are pointless waste. They aren't making any.

I rest my case.
    Whatever makes you happy.No i haven't read a superman comic.I read a guy who used to do cool **** that children who didn't have much really used to enjoy.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-21-2022 at 11:10 PM.

Mighty Member

Hell yeah! I prefer goku..He's a flying brick too..But he doesn't bore you with nonsensical grand standing..Besides,i love flying nimbus..None of it is relevant to my post.
    I rest my case.
    Case well rested. And a good reason why someone shouldn't take Goku fanboys like that seriously.

Me personally I'd rather not want to reduce Supes to a Goku clone as manwhohaseverything might want to..other than when he's not downplaying him at any given opportunity no matter what while propping up the other dude who's not much of a better character in regards to how he's depicted throughout the years. More especially recently.

Anywhos, here's my controversial take. BvS (theatrical cut) is not all that bad. I'm not a fan of it existing as anyone else would be, but I'm not going to act like it's absolutely the worst film made.

My controversial Superman opinion today is that we hot a perfectly good prototype for a Superman game in JUSTICE LEAGUE HEROES

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Case well rested. And a good reason why someone shouldn't take Goku fanboys like that seriously.

Me personally I'd rather not want to reduce Supes to a Goku clone as manwhohaseverything might want to..other than when he's not downplaying him at any given opportunity no matter what while propping up the other dude who's not much of a better character in regards to how he's depicted throughout the years. More especially recently.
    As a Kefla fanboy, I think you're nuts. Superman HAS done fights like Goku does in some comics, and it was GREAT! OOH! and in DCAU!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cG4BNJBXBU

Potentially controversial opinion: this should be normal.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 01-22-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post

Anywhos, here's my controversial take. BvS (theatrical cut) is not all that bad. I'm not a fan of it existing as anyone else would be, but I'm not going to act like it's absolutely the worst film made.
    This astounds me..I would have let it go..But,what kinda stupid interpretation would lead people as to believe "i want superman to be goku"?has people not even read the damn post?Or are they blind to the thrust or focus of the post.

My post had nothing to do with my preferences of characters..Also,@agentz's superman is postcrisis superman or that kind thing.i am not the one who constantly jumps at him/her/whatever saying "superman is this and specifically this".I am not the one saying "superman can't be this or that or whatever".

That particular statement from @agentz was casual from a post that was meant about the.i am pretty blunt..Do i see anything special in superman that I don't see in other characters and ancient stories..The answer is no.Games of those characters have been made.

Sure enough,i have i biases and i quite open about it.Goku has writing problems..You know what akira toriyama never does..He doesn't prop the guy or gohan as end all and be of all that's good with the world.if you are going that route..Goku still entertains people.And stand by that.

Punching kaijuu's was superman's M.O.watch the damn Fleischer cartoons.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-22-2022 at 07:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm probably not the first person to express this concern, but, I firmly believe that DC is setting up Jon to be Clark's permanent replacement.
    Assassinate Putin!