Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Rachel and Bishop are the best time travellers.

Cable needs to time travel back to the 90s and stay there where he belongs.
    Indeed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rachel and Bishop working together again actually, like they did in the XSE days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Indeed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rachel and Bishop working together again actually, like they did in the XSE days.
    Yesss it would be awesome!

Because she's too OP? Like many have said, she could have ended AvX because she has already controlled the Phoenix before. I'm sure they didn't use her because they wanted to tell the story they wanted to tell and Rachel would have messed that up...

Rachel and Bishop are the best time travellers.

Cable needs to time travel back to the 90s and stay there where he belongs.
    Harsh.

Rachel isn't used because she's a red haired telepath and we couldn't have 'new fans,' confused. Plus her history is super complex and probably writers can't be bothered working it out.

I want Claremont to take her and use her in Nightcrawler's book more.

But I also want the Excalibur reunion we're apparently never going to get.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Fantastic Member

I find Rachel to be one of those characters that on the surface I don't think I'd like. I'm not huge into time-travel, alternate universe type characters that are outside of their own timeline. Yet, I've always liked Rachel. I felt she was underutilized in AvX, especially since I figued of anyone, she'd probably have the most to assist Hope with.

On the other hand, I've had trouble getting into Cable, so his popularity has been a little lost on me. Whereas I actually like Bishop, but don't like what they did tot the character.

Quote Originally Posted by ShazamHusker View Post
    I find Rachel to be one of those characters that on the surface I don't think I'd like. I'm not huge into time-travel, alternate universe type characters that are outside of their own timeline. Yet, I've always liked Rachel. I felt she was underutilized in AvX, especially since I figued of anyone, she'd probably have the most to assist Hope with.

On the other hand, I've had trouble getting into Cable, so his popularity has been a little lost on me. Whereas I actually like Bishop, but don't like what they did tot the character.
    I'm inclined to agree regarding Bishop. I mean, he was a great character under Claremont's pen at least. I could forgive the wanting to kill Hope but apparently in the Cable series he wiped out a whole planet or something (I didn't read it). Pretty tough to come back from that

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    but apparently in the Cable series he wiped out a whole planet or something (I didn't read it). Pretty tough to come back from that
    Until you remember it's comics, and writers make characters do stupid crap all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Until you remember it's comics, and writers make characters do stupid crap all the time.
    Oh do they?

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    Oh do they?
    Uh huh! They really do sometimes!

BANNED

I hate Bishop with all my heart. Rachel and Cable are incredible characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    That's all Marvel's events in a nutshell, people who don't know a thing about characters they're writing writing them as completely incompetent idiots with a lot of plot induced stupidity
    Yes...this. If it didn't happen in the last 10 years or in their run they do not care. The X office seems to have quite a few writers that just do not care to learn their characters established history. It is about a paycheck and whatever moments they can write to get them on news sites and moving their next big or creator owned project (not all, but a vast majority). Except Bendis, I truly believe he trolls the characters for fan reaction knowing Marvel will not ever say no to him.
    I also blame the editors to for their lack of of oversight and looking at the details. I hope this changes with Marts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    He's been confirmed to Join Wanda, Beast and others in Genocidal Avengers club soon since he'll be joining UA
    it would be nice to see something good done with him. When he was created it was because Jim Lee wanted his own original X-man and to make him a character of diversity, who didn't even end up in his book. ..and then he left. If I remember correctly he even tried to get the rights (which is how I learned that you NEVER create an IP for a company). They really assassinated in the past 10, considering he was originally a love child of Time Cop and the 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo and a moral character. It would do well to have some recovery for him.
    Read The Life and Times of Lucas Bishop, it is a good look at his past.

BANNED

Cable & Bishop have Big Gunz and Bigger 'Uns! Rachel requires finesse and intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I hate Bishop with all my heart. Rachel and Cable are incredible characters.
    With all your heart? That's a bit heavy, no?

Becuz Cable has BLOOOOOD AND GUUUUUUNNNNZZZZZZZ.
    Perfect. I hate Cable. He's Kyle Reese meets the Terminator meets the Punisher. I hated the guy in the early '90s and I hate him now. Rachel is a lot of wasted potential and Cable was essentially a Terminator version of her. He's just silly to me now. He's like an angry 13 year old's idea of a badass. He's nothing without Deadpool to make his life ridiculous.