View Poll Results: How do you feel about X-men comics these days, and for the last few years?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, you love major events, you love what they are doing etc...

15 18.29%
  • you don't like it, and you are hoping for major changes

67 81.71%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I didn't get any of the first wave of X books except for the ones with Skottie Young variants (Gold, Blue, Iceman). There were just too many new books releasing all at the same time which was made worse by the double shipping of at least the first two issues and $4.99 #1. Also, several premium priced variants that I collect and the start of the deluge of Secret Empire books too close to ResurrXion. Decided I'll just wait on Marvel Unlimited to read all of them and then buy the trades for the ones I'd like to keep.

Astonishing X-Men #1 was an automatic preorder. I like Soule well enough and it's got Rogue, Gambit and Bishop. No double shipping and few #1s coming out at the same time. At least, not ones I'm interested in and none of the #1s coming out had Skottie Young variants which at 3 books per month was using up my budget for 6 books. Because of that, I had space in the budget despite Secret Empire taking up a good chunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    1. uncanny avengers is nothing without x-men and avengers and the mcu is why marvel has collapsed in sales. they cant claim star wars or blame diversity. the disneyfication of marvel pissed of readers who have been there for 50-70 years.
    Maybe it's just me but it actually seems like the 616 universe looked nothing like the MCU movies for a while there.

Two ongoing Iron Man:
    Dr. Doom
    Riri Williams/Iron Heart and Tony Stark is "dead"/an AI

Thor:
    Jane Foster for a couple years but at least Odinson recently had a mini and is coming back

Two ongoing Hulk:
    Amadeus Cho, not Bruce Banner
    Jennifer Walters, also not Bruce Banner

Only ongoing Hawkeye:
    Kate Bishop, not Clint Barton

Captain America, I'm giving a pass. At least Falcon is familiar to the general public thanks to Anthony Mackie's excellent performance and him taking the Captain America mantle after Steve Rogers retires seems natural. Although, the Hydra!Cap storyline might be hard for the average moviegoer to accept.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-20-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I'm not happy with the range of books too. Hope we can an overhaul soon.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Isn't this entire thread complaining about the frequent overhauls????? Jesus make up your minds
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Isn't this entire thread complaining about the frequent overhauls????? Jesus make up your minds
    I think that they mean like DC's Rebirth.

No, the point of the thread is to see if people like the new direction that Resurrexion has taken. Yes, there is a general sense among Marvel fans that there have been too many events (doesn't help that the vast majority of these events have been bad), but that doesn't equate to how people are liking Resurrexion. And they can do an overhaul without an event as well.

Mighty Member

I'm of the belief that the xmen started to go downhill when the powers that be decided to eliminate the team/family dynamic from the books and replace it with the x-army concept. After being a team of equals where everyone had agency and was important, suddenly it became about a general and his army. It was a complete shift in the franchise, it became all about one character to the detriment of the other characters and the franchise itself. Combine with the never-ending extinction storylines that became the norm for the better part of a decade the x-universe became stale and repetitive. Elevating one character at the expense of a whole franchise was bound to have repercussions. If you were not a Cyclops fan or to a lesser extent a Emma fan then you were not as invested in the x-universe as much because your favorites were sideline or character assassinated, any fan of Xavier, Beast, Logan or Storm can attest to that fact. Resurrxion is essentially a fresh start for the franchise, it's better than it has been in a long long time but it can be improved upon in a lot of ways. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that they mean like DC's Rebirth.
    What does this mean? I don't read DC

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    No, the point of the thread is to see if people like the new direction that Resurrexion has taken. Yes, there is a general sense among Marvel fans that there have been too many events (doesn't help that the vast majority of these events have been bad), but that doesn't equate to how people are liking Resurrexion. And they can do an overhaul without an event as well.
    It's not just anti events, the OP is explicitly talking about the frequent relaunches being a huge problem disrupting books. And that is a GOOD point by the OP. Yet here you are wanting to do exactly that. Insane.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

What does this mean? I don't read DC

It's not just anti events, the OP is explicitly talking about the frequent relaunches being a huge problem disrupting books. And that is a GOOD point by the OP. Yet here you are wanting to do exactly that. Insane.
    People are hoping that Marvel scraps Resurrexion because they are clearly not happy with it. The logic is that there's no harm in derailing bad books to get everything back on track. Especially if it feels like it will happen eventually. Why not sooner than later?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Probably an awful idea almost so soon after the relaunch. Imho, the SE tie-in was a bad idea, too. Weapon X has a mini-event with Hulk while SE is ongoing which is, yet again, bad idea.

Reckon the reason a lot of people are dropping Marvel books (and DC for that matter) is because they buy one book and then all of a sudden you've got three+ other books you need to buy to follow the story.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-20-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Amazing Member

If you go into the weekly threads when the comics are released, for the most part, people on this forum seem to like X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue and Weapon X. Blue in particular seems to be well-liked despite starring the O5, and recently beat out Gold in a poll on this board. Gold gets pretty good reception here too, but somewhat less than Blue. Also, the sales are not that bad, better than they were pre-RessurXion. X-Men Gold #1 and Blue #1 were the 3rd and 4th best selling comics of April.

Then you have threads like these, where people who are negative about the whole line come out. That's fine though. I'm not going to answer the poll because it's very weirdly worded, it's not ALL bad or ALL good.

Bad
    -Too many events coming from marvel, this is supposedly changing after SE though.
    -Relaunch, relaunch, relaunch. The OP is absolutely right about this. The #1 strategy is a huge issue for me.

These issues pertain more to Marvel than DC imo, as does the constant events and crossovers. This is a comics issue, not just an X-Men issue. Also, Marvel is bleeding talent... badly.

The good
    -We've gotten some creators on the new X-titles that I like. Cullen Bunn is a great writer, I'd rather have had him on Gold or Astonishing but, at the same time, with him on Blue is the first time I enjoy a book with O5, so go figure. Greg Pak is doing great on Weapon X, he's great at writing action packed, blockbuster type stories, which is exactly what I want from a comic like Weapon X. James Robinson, who's writing Cable, is another solid writer, I hope he's going to turn out great stuff on Cable, because I really like Cable! Lastly, I hope Astonishing will be good, but I've never actually read anything done by Soule.
    -Other than SE tie ins, there don't seem to be many crossovers or events coming from the X-titles soon.

05 are still lame, Wolverine in too many titles (again), same characters in the same circles/dynamics (Gold), and too many villains taking up roster spots. Astonishing and the solo titles seem alright, but on a whole the X-books have been terrible for a couple of years now.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    avengers fans should be excited about their ''Uncanny'' avengers comics even if it is half hassed since the other half goes to x-men that disney manipulated. maybe when disney stops blaming diversity of their sales drops and realise they should never have tempered with x-men, they can get some readers excited again/

Rogue's return is long overdue. she does not belong with the avengers both in comics or movies. the recent astonishing x-men covers is making actual and real fans of x-men hopeful again because rogue and gambit are back. as a couple or not.
    You're so wrong with the idea that any member the X-men particularly rogue isn't allowed to branch out and join be part of the avengers that's ridiculous.

Since the relaunch I have been really enjoying all the X-books, I wasn't a fan at all of the t-mist stuff but Gold, Blue and the rest have been vast improvements. I can't really vote in the poll because neither option really expresses my opinion on the matter. I enjoy smaller events (like Dark Angel Saga and Messiah Complex/War) that take place in the X-books more often than I like the line wide events. I would like to see some changes also but not from resurexxtion, I like where this is going so far.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The books just got relaunched and the status quo is much better than it was before it. People should stop complaining about literally everything for a while. Yeah some things still suck but it's not a "Everything is terrible, Marvel is doing everything wrong, the X-Men comics are all awful" situation, we have just gone through worse.
    Until Marvel invents a time machine that can transport fans back to whatever time they consider to be the Golden Age of the X-line, they're not going to be able to make some people happy. These people just want it to be '80 or '91 or whatever again and that's just not possible.

As someone who's sat out most of the X-books for some time, I find I'm liking RessureXtion a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    No, the point of the thread is to see if people like the new direction that Resurrexion has taken.
    Based on the actual reactions to the books as each issue comes out, I think it's clear that the reception to Resurrexion on these boards has been largely positive.