Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the tone of the movie make it seem like it could easily exist alongside the x-men films. shared universe potential still exists for FF.
    I still don't see why it's important. Just because Marvel's movies can't stand on their own doesn't mean this one can't either.

oh i don't think it's important in the slightest. but if that were a concern for someone, then it's easily dismissed by that fact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    That is one of the reasons why the rights need to revert back to Marvel.
    Which they won't in our lifetimes.

Incredible Member

People need to realize, if this movie bombs and the rights go back to Marvel, you still wouldn't see a Marvel F4 movie for years if ever. The property would probably be considered toxic.

let's do our best to make sure that doesn't happen then.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    People need to realize, if this movie bombs and the rights go back to Marvel, you still wouldn't see a Marvel F4 movie for years if ever. The property would probably be considered toxic.
    Batman was considered toxic after Batman & Robin. The truth is, audiences are so fickle and forgetful, that after a few years you could revive any failed property with enough effort. Time heals all wounds in the end. I mean, look at Rise of the Silver Surfer, there's a pretty good chance the general public has mostly forgotten that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    You have a good point. Marvel got the rights back for Ghost Rider, and guess how many movies have come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    You have a good point. Marvel got the rights back for Ghost Rider, and guess how many movies have come out.
    Marvel has a bunch of other movie on their slate to make before they can focus on Ghost Rider. Besides, he can still appear in any of the Netflix shows or SHIELD. Just because they have the right, doesn't mean they have to automatically pump a character out. The reason being, they won't lose said character if they don't make a movie. All the studios licensing characters from Marvel still have contractual obligations. But you knew that.

BANNED

Lol yeah besides we Just now got to Doc Strange so now they can toss in teaser for Ghost Rider, Blade, etc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Marvel has a bunch of other movie on their slate to make before they can focus on Ghost Rider. Besides, he can still appear in any of the Netflix shows or SHIELD. Just because they have the right, doesn't mean they have to automatically pump a character out. The reason being, they won't lose said character if they don't make a movie. All the studios licensing characters from Marvel still have contractual obligations. But you knew that.
    I'm just pointing out that Marvel getting the rights to Fantastic Four doesn't mean they'll do a Fantastic Four movie. Ghost Rider is an example of that.

Ultimate Member

I still need to see more before I decide to see the movie. It was a good teaser but not exciting, definitely not as good as the Avengers 2 teaser but intriguing nonetheless.

I hope the quality is up to the Marvel movies because Fox has been hit and miss with their superhero movies. That being said, not every superhero movie has to be made by Marvel and different perspectives on the genre is a good idea.

I like that they are taking a more serious tone than the original movies. I also like the fact that they are basing it off Ultimate FF which was excellent (at the beginning).

I can't say I care about a shared universe. Since Marvel became successful with it, Hollywood seems to be going crazy (I mean, I even heard about a shared Grindhouse universe, I mean, WTF?!). The X-men and FF movies can be good in their respective universes. There's no need for everything to crossover.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-28-2015 at 12:43 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I remember when the first movie came out and the Torch's flying sequence through the city was teased at IIRC the the Las Vegas theater owners convention and a copy leaked out. That got everyone talking. Too bad that's the best they had to show for the whole movie. But it had more of a "Wow" factor than these.

The part that is disappointing is blogger Domashev as the main antagonist. If most of the video games can get Doom right it's too bad the movies will fail at bringing Doom to the screen. Right now, probably the best version of Doom was probably seen in Marvel Ultimate Alliance's cut scenes.

This is Doom in all his glory IMO, folks

That's the funny thing, the first FF's trailer way back actually got me more excited.

This new teaser doesn't say anything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    let's do our best to make sure that doesn't happen then.
    But that's the thing, we're not obligated to make any movie succeed.

We give our dollars to movies that our worth our time and our money.

So, it really falls back on FOX to make the best movie they can to get us to watch their movie, over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I still need to see more before I decide to see the movie. It was a good teaser but not exciting, definitely not as good as the Avengers 2 teaser but intriguing nonetheless.

I hope the quality is up to the Marvel movies because Fox has been hit and miss with their superhero movies. That being said, not every superhero movie has to be made by Marvel and different perspectives on the genre is a good idea.

I like that they are taking a more serious tone than the original movies. I also like the fact that they are basing it off Ultimate FF which was excellent (at the beginning).

I can't say I care about a shared universe. Since Marvel became successful with it, Hollywood seems to be going crazy (I mean, I even heard about a shared Grindhouse universe, I mean, WTF?!). The X-men and FF movies can be good in their respective universes. There's no need for everything to crossover.
    I tend to agree with you.
    X-Men continuity was all over the place before DOFP, this new FF movie is a complete reboot sailing in new directions apparently...
    I believe they were not developped with the idea of building a cohesive cinematic universe at all, only a desire to develop a successful franchise in each case...
    I think it would be a diservice to try and create a shared universe between both franchises out of thin air, just to copy what Marvel has been doing for years now.
    It would feel forced.
    Now, had the X-Men been rebooted too for their next movie, or even for DOFP, it might have been an opportunity to develop a shared universe, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I doubt I will like it because I already was disappointed how Fox dropped the ball with him the first time. For me Classic Doom is the only Doom I want to see and that looks like it will never happen. For this film? Maybe they should have gone with Annihilus. He could have been really scary concept if done right.
    Annihilus would have been a great foe indeed, especially given this movie will apparently be linked with the Negative Zone.
    Personnally, I would have liked to see Namor in this movie but I reckon it might be too early for a reboot.
    If there's a second one, it would be nice to have it ties with Atlantis.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Why does everything need to be a shared universe. I think the Fantastic Four and X-men are interesting enough on their own.
    Then you know very little of the Fantastic Four history. Marvel's current shared comic book universe started there, although Namor and the original Human Torch did that back in the golden age. X-men, Avengers, Spider-Man, Thor, Daredevil etc all made guest appearances in Stan and Jack's run. Most of the time, when a new hero was introduced they met the Fantastic Four at some point. Namor was brought in to revive that golden age character in FF#4. Black Panther debuted in FF #52 and now he will be in his own movie for Marvel Studios

I find it ironic that they in the movies, they are isolated from everything else that is Marvel modern age started there.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-28-2015 at 02:12 AM.