Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Poor Reptil and Finesse
    Indeed. Those two, and Striker, were my favorites of this new class.

I also would love to see more of some of the Initiative kids, such as Komodo, Hardball, Ultra Girl, Gorilla Girl, Telemetry, Armory, Butterball, etc. Did we ever see anything of Melee, other than Taskmaster expressing interest in sparring with her? Does anybody even know what Star Sign does? Paydirt? Vox? Prima Donna? So much potential there!

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Talking about the Marvel's Justice League analogues, the Squadron Supreme, in some other threads. I can't help but be reminded of Hyperion, and the Squadron's biggest bad guy in their rogues gallery. Emil Burbank, a.ka. Master Menace. Basically their Lex Luthor, with a healthy dash of Doctor Doom. The villain helped Nighthawk's Redeemers put a halt to the Squadron's Utopia Program as it was a threat to him. Later, in the DEATH OF A UNIVERSE graphic novel, he teamed up with the Squadron and their time traveling nemesis, the Scarlet Centurion, to stop the universe devouring threat of the Nth Man. Unfortunately, his plan to stop the Nth Man failed. So seeing no alternative, Master Menace used his own personal dimension teleporter to leave his universe to get away from the threat. I don't think he's ever shown up again. I'm surprised he didn't show up in the main Marvel 616 universe, or run afoul of the dimension hopping Exiles. Or to be really out there, pop up in the Nineties to give the Ultraverse heroes trouble.
    Emil Burbank did show up in the sequal to Death of a Universe, Squadron Supreme: New World Order, by Len Kaminski and Anthony Williams, in which the Squadron finally returns to their own world just to find that their fears that someone might twist their Utopia program to install a totalitarian regime were totally justified. At first Hyperion believes that Burbank is behind the new regime, however, by the end of the book, he discovered that the old and infirm former Master Menace was easy prey for the new generation of ruthless conquerors, who submitted him to the behavior modification machine, enslaving his intellect to their cause. The book was a great set-up for new adventures for the SS, who reverted to their "original formation" of Hype, Princess Power, Dr. Spectrum, the Whizzer, Amphibian, Skymax the Skrullian Skymaster (his own dimension version of a Super-Skrull) and Nighthawk II (Neal, Kyle Richmond's adopted son, taking over the mantle as Dick Grayson did with Batman over at DC), Lady Lark and Shape being severely wounded and Arcanna having to retire for a while to get back in sinc with the magic of her world. However the take back their world grand saga was quite anti-climaxically solved in just a couple of issues of the Exiles.

Peace

Last edited by Captain Astounding; 03-06-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

These days, I’d say Spider-Man (Miguel O’Hara.)
    After a sizable run of twenty-ish Issues, he was doomed to cancellation, despite some solid art and Peter David writing. Meanwhile, series like Squirrel Girl get to continue. If that isn’t demotion, then I don’t know what is.
    CB56E9C8-9C3B-46FD-A867-D18790C9A876.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I've been flipping through the old New Universe books and I'd forgotten how cool The Witness was. A modern day, freshly-appointed Phantom Stranger. I imagine him walking the planes of The Multiverse, witnessing different realities...he's The Unseen without the chains. I'm in the minority I'm sure but I love enigmatic characters like The Witness and see lots of potential in him.
    Is this the same witness thought to be Gambit?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Astounding View Post
    I miss The Order. It was a very good book.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Is this the same witness thought to be Gambit?
    This guy:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/witnessnel.htm
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Thanks for clarifying.

Hehe not to be confused with the witness that came after...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Thanks for clarifying.

Hehe not to be confused with the witness that came after...
    Or this Witness either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Emil Burbank did show up in the sequal to Death of a Universe, Squadron Supreme: New World Order, by Len Kaminski and Anthony Williams, in which the Squadron finally returns to their own world just to find that their fears that someone might twist their Utopia program to install a totalitarian regime were totally justified. At first Hyperion believes that Burbank is behind the new regime, however, by the end of the book, he discovered that the old and infirm former Master Menace was easy prey for the new generation of ruthless conquerors, who submitted him to the behavior modification machine, enslaving his intellect to their cause. The book was a great set-up for new adventures for the SS, who reverted to their "original formation" of Hype, Princess Power, Dr. Spectrum, the Whizzer, Amphibian, Skymax the Skrullian Skymaster (his own dimension version of a Super-Skrull) and Nighthawk II (Neal, Kyle Richmond's adopted son, taking over the mantle as Dick Grayson did with Batman over at DC), Lady Lark and Shape being severely wounded and Arcanna having to retire for a while to get back in sinc with the magic of her world. However the take back their world grand saga was quite anti-climaxically solved in just a couple of issues of the Exiles.

Peace
    not a great improvement. but I preferred the MAX Supreme Power Universe version of Emil. he was more actively malicious.

Mighty Member

Probably doesn't count cause her series JUST ended, but I feel like Gwenpool is going to fall to the way side now that her series is over, which is a shame because its easily one of my favorite characters/books in the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    not a great improvement. but I preferred the MAX Supreme Power Universe version of Emil. he was more actively malicious.
    I never liked much the Max Supreme Power. I think I read the first two or three issues, and was not impressed. I never cared much for "mature" books. Can't think of a single one I liked. I guess I'm "immature" all the way.

Peace

BANNED

Terror Inc #9 Mar 1993
    Aggressive Portfolio
    People are being murdered with a unique set of adamantium claws, and the finger points to Wolverine!

To clear his name, Wolvie races against time to find the real killer,

who he suspects is Terror.

Written by D.G. Chichester. Art by Richard Pace and Temujin.

Incredible Member

The Beasts of Berlin, a squad of gorillas thanks to experiments by the Hungarian Communist government with a radiation treatment, gave them human level intelligence. Foes of Hank Pym during his Giant-Man days, and returned years later in WEST COAST AVENGERS. A group of intelligent gorillas, trained in Russian military tactics , one would think they'd get more use in the MU. Heck, after seeing some of the combat scenes in the trailers for some of the Apes prequel flicks, and how well they were done. A cameo or two in the Ant-Man films featuring going up against Hank and Janet during their S.H.I.E.L.D. days would seem nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I never liked much the Max Supreme Power. I think I read the first two or three issues, and was not impressed. I never cared much for "mature" books. Can't think of a single one I liked. I guess I'm "immature" all the way.

Peace
    different strokes. I felt it was a refreshingly 3-dimensional exploration of a marvel-adjacent world. I don't think those squadron characters will ever be, individually, as interesting as the Supreme Power characters. Blur, alone, was one of the most sympathetic and relatable characters of color in a comic book.