Page 196 of 655 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    You know it isn't though. Attilan doesn't engage in political and trade agreements. Nor did they seek United Nations acceptance.

Krakoa isn't isolating itself from the world, they are participating, sharing medical advancements, signing peace and trade treaties, asked the United Nations General Assembly to accept Krakoa as a nation.

The mutants aren't hiding, they are just retreating a bit and consolidating under a united security umbrella, economic and political might, and recognition of their right to form their own country.

I am not saying everything is perfect, there are some threads that could bring everything down, but the mutants aren't separating themselves as much as people think they are. If the United Nations has a massive worldwide disaster to deal with they could actually go to Secretary of State Emma Frost and ask her if Krakoa would be willing to send support and aid, there is actually a very good chance that the Krakoan government would say yes.

Signing on with the United Nations charter comes with certain obligations, and Krakoa has accepted those obligations and agreed to the terms of the charter.
    I'm talking about the base similarities..not how they choose to deal with the outside world

Hickman has basically turned the X-men/Mutants into the Inhumans...but somehow has managed to make them more alien, cultish and creepy than I can ever remember the Inhumans being

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Viewing themselves as superior to everyone else, having a separate country of their own, emphasis on unusual culture and practices.
    Don’t forget the prospect of them not allowing anyone who isn’t of their own kind into their land without special permission, using their costumes as everyday clothing and finding themselves above the laws of man due to something as arbitrary as genetics. Only thing they’re missing is a monarchy and slaves and they’ll fit the bill completely. In fact, it’s kinda ironic that they find themselves so above humans when it’s now a fact that all life on Earth is the result of the Celestials.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Yep... posted this earlier in this thread..

"Hickman's X-men is more Inhumans than it is X-men..but even more weird, cultish and alien than Inhumans has ever been"

Krakoa is basically Attilan..

pod people..not unlike Terrigen pods from the cloud/Terrigen chambers

the ritual stuff surrounding resurrection..not unlike the rituals surrounding Terrigenesis

Mutants thinking they're superior..not unlike Inhumans

Etc Etc
    Don't forget Charles becoming El Chucko peddling drugs to nation's that don't want them and hiring ppl like Emma to destabilize and flood their markets and have them dependant on their products by introducing it illegally .
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-10-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Don’t forget the prospect of them not allowing anyone who isn’t of their own kind into their land without special permission, using their costumes as everyday clothing and finding themselves above the laws of man due to something as arbitrary as genetics. Only thing they’re missing is a monarchy and slaves and they’ll fit the bill completely. In fact, it’s kinda ironic that they find themselves so above humans when it’s now a fact that all life on Earth is the result of the Celestials.
    I was holding judgement about mutants being like Inhumans, but last issue of POX just confirmed it. All x-men drinking the kool aid served by Magento and Xavier

Extraordinary Member

They do appear to have at least a dictatorship...let's face it...no one voted for the people on that council.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They do appear to have at least a dictatorship...let's face it...no one voted for the people on that council.
    it's an oligarchy or aristocracy depending on your point of view

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it's an oligarchy or aristocracy depending on your point of view
    All I am saying is that no one elected them and they put some heinous bastards on the council.

All I am saying is that no one elected them and they put some heinous bastards on the council.
    What’s kind of funny when you think about it is that while the X-amen are now falling into basically dictatorship via council, the Inhumans have decided to change from a monarchy to a democracy to elect their leaders.

Extraordinary Member

What’s kind of funny when you think about it is that while the X-amen are now falling into basically dictatorship via council, the Inhumans have decided to change from a monarchy to a democracy to elect their leaders.
    I really want to see the mutants against it. Mutants who do NOT want their minds copied and put in clone bodies, who do NOT want to serve this un-elected council, who do not want a life of segregation.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

I really want to see the mutants against it. Mutants who do NOT want their minds copied and put in clone bodies, who do NOT want to serve this un-elected council, who do not want a life of segregation.
    They can still go out in the world and live. Krakoa offers a sanctuary and a safe space from man's violence. No one is being forced to live there.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

BANNED

And i’m sure we’ll see all of that down the line. Maybe very soon.

Exactly why I’m really liking the sound of Fallen Angels thus far. It feels like the only X-book that is independent of Krakoa while all the others are tied directly to Krakoa even without always taking place there.

BANNED

Exactly why I’m really liking the sound of Fallen Angels thus far. It feels like the only X-book that is independent of Krakoa while all the others are tied directly to Krakoa even without always taking place there.
    I'm not so sure. Hill's remarks indicate this ISN'T some sort of rebellion against Krakoa, just that the characters involved don't feel they have a place there (of the, "I do bad things so don't belong in heaven" variety). Which is unfortunate considering I could see grounds for at least Laura and Nate fundamentally objecting to what's happening there altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Don't forget Charles becoming El Chucko peddling drugs to nation's that don't want them and hiring ppl like Emma to destabilize and flood their markets and have them dependant on their products by introducing it illegally .
    Destabilizing pharmaceutical companies that put profits over people and smuggling drugs that cure physical and mental ailments to citizens of countries that won’t accept them is actually a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm not so sure. Hill's remarks indicate this ISN'T some sort of rebellion against Krakoa, just that the characters involved don't feel they have a place there (of the, "I do bad things so don't belong in heaven" variety). Which is unfortunate considering I could see grounds for at least Laura and Nate fundamentally objecting to what's happening there altogether.
    Well that’s definitely disappointing. I’d like to have at least one book within the X-books where the cast disagrees with the concept of mutantkind creating their own nation segregated from the rest of the world and viewing themselves as superior to the rest. Just someone who looks at the direction the X-Men have gone in and find it contrary to everything they had ever been taught by Xavier. Even during the Decimation era, not all X-Books fell under the same umbrella.