Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    It had no logical basis. I just like them together. She is also the best and most stable girl he knows, but I know it will never happen.
    I definitely like them as friends and she is stable. I kinda wish she had more of a friendship with Selina too because I like their interactions when they are good.

I like her. At Comic Con, DC Comics had a glass case of life size statues of her, Cat, HQ, Huntress and Batwoman. I was like, now that's s team up I would love to see!

Well that was alright.

1) Bruce should be proposing to Zee

2) If Tynion tries putting Harper with Cass Imma throw a fit.
    Agreed on both!
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I definitely like them as friends and she is stable. I kinda wish she had more of a friendship with Selina too because I like their interactions when they are good.

I like her. At Comic Con, DC Comics had a glass case of life size statues of her, Cat, HQ, Huntress and Batwoman. I was like, now that's s team up I would love to see!
    I presume you've read Paul Dini's comic work? He did some nice Zatanna and Catwoman interaction in Heart of Hush.

And man, was this a good finale! I loved everything about it! Humor was good, the mental battle inside Jean-Paul was good, and I now know why they postponed the intial Tim Drake reveal; so they could milk it out of an epic climax instead. Also, I have to love that the key to beating the corrupted fanatical robot was to enlighten it.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

At first when he was talking about the boy you lost so long ago, I thought was talking about Bruce as a child before his parents were killed.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 08-09-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Well that was alright.

1) Bruce should be proposing to Zee

2) If Tynion tries putting Harper with Cass Imma throw a fit.
    We can only dream about a Batman/Zatanna marriage! That would be amazing

BANNED

Was Zatanna only for this arc?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Was Zatanna only for this arc?
    As far as we know, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    As far as we know, yes.
    Maybe we will see a Zatanna solo book down the line but I definitely would like to see her interact with the team again. I think her re appearing would be highly likely

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Maybe we will see a Zatanna solo book down the line but I definitely would like to see her interact with the team again. I think her re appearing would be highly likely
    I'm not exactly screaming for a Zee solo book, but I definitely don't want her in 'Tec again soon. Her parts really bogged down the 2nd and 3rd issues of the arc for me.

Mighty Member

I'm not exactly screaming for a Zee solo book, but I definitely don't want her in 'Tec again soon. Her parts really bogged down the 2nd and 3rd issues of the arc for me.
    That's true but I also like the way she was written and her and Bruce interactions. If the arc was just bout that or Had better execution it would've been fine.

Zatanna and her interactions with Bruce was one of the highlights of the arc for me (even if her storyline felt like it came at the expense of Jean Paul's screentime in what was ostensibly his arc), and it's just great to have her back to prominence in the DCU again. Hopefully her appearance in the upcoming Trinity arc will be just as great .

Bruce seems to rack up a lot of lost loves who he'll continue to have unresolved sexual tension with...I wonder if they'll all be invited to the wedding ?

I imagine Zatanna probably has a surprising amount of female admirers .

I wonder if Tynion plan's on developing or going into that "yes" with Cass at all because it felt just kind of random otherwise. But I guess we'd either need to dive into Cass' personal life (whatever counts for it these days) to really see that in depth.

Seeing the AzBats suit again was cool and all but at the same time...it just felt kind of random. Like, that suit doesn't work as well here because it's missing the context of what it represented in the Knightfall storyline or it's just missing the point of it. It also looked cooler in Knightfall for my money. I think a variant on Jean Paul's NML-era Azrael suit would've worked better in my opinion.

And then we get another random reference to that storyline with Ascalon casually doing a Bane on Azrael. Okay.

I imagine the knowledge about Tim will probably be a pivotal factor in the next arc with Steph.

Ra's isn't usually beholden to anyone so I really have to wonder who he could be working with, and what this alliance between the LoA and the Order will lead too.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe I missed it, but why was AzBat even necessary if they have the sphere?
    Better question would be why they needed the Sphere if had Zatanna, and why they thought it would be a good idea to give Ascalon the Sphere.

Btw. I don't know if that was discussed before (I just read the whole arc in one go), but wasn't Tam basically a vegetable at the end of the Batwing series, how can she be a now the CEO of Luke's company?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Better question would be why they needed the Sphere if had Zatanna, and why they thought it would be a good idea to give Ascalon the Sphere.
    The sphere gave Ascalon vastly increased knowledge, which basically caused him to switch his objectives into something less destructive. He became obsessed with it, to put it simply. Zatanna mentioned in an earlier issue that the sphere causes that effect in people, and the entire arc showed that nothing else was effective against him.

Btw. I don't know if that was discussed before (I just read the whole arc in one go), but wasn't Tam basically a vegetable at the end of the Batwing series, how can she be a now the CEO of Luke's company?
    People in real life can recover from being in a vegetative state. It's not even that uncommon. With the better medical care available in the DCU, this shouldn't be an issue.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The sphere gave Ascalon vastly increased knowledge, which basically caused him to switch his objectives into something less destructive. He became obsessed with it, to put it simply. Zatanna mentioned in an earlier issue that the sphere causes that effect in people, and the entire arc showed that nothing else was effective against him.
    A Few pages earlier Zatanna could easily blow up a Batwing Armor with just one word, don't see why that shouldn't have worked with Ascalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    A Few pages earlier Zatanna could easily blow up a Batwing Armor with just one word, don't see why that shouldn't have worked with Ascalon.
    He's capable of sealing her mouth, and was shown to be able to counteract one of her spells.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)