Page 389 of 902 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489889 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that was ethan page doing ethan page imo. personally i don't think either is on another level than the other but their character's were always similar and not particularly original. i can see one replacing the other and getting similar results in the same situations.
    Could be right, I definitely didn't make anything of the segment at the time, because it seemed like familiar Ethan Page fare. I don't think Ethan gets as much heat (or cheers) as MJF, so I don't think the results are ever quite the same with these wrestlers.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

...Took me a bit to get over the sheer shock of the idea of a WWE-less Vince being real.

Hopefully the pro-wrestling landscape in general will be healthier with him out of the picture.

This Sportster writer has harped on this before, but he's at it again, and I do agree...to me it's a great example of an obvious booking mistake (Tony Khan seemingly killing something off that was working really well): (brief excerpts)

For a man who is universally loved by wrestling fans, Danielson sure does know how to get them to boo him. We had seen him being at his brilliant best as a heel as the eco-friendly WWE Champion some years back.

He was in similar form in AEW..
    As a singles star, Danielson could have been a regular in the AEW World Championship picture. Instead, he is now stuck in a feud with the Jericho Appreciation Society, which very few people are really interested in.
    Danielson entered the company as one of the most over stars in the business. But over the past year or so, he has gone from a no-brainer for the AEW World Championship to a bit of an afterthought in his own faction.
    Danielson is arguably the biggest mainstream star that AEW has at the moment. For a star of his level, he has certainly been booked to look quite weak.
    Danielson's booking has been confusing at best, and it is safe to say that it has resulted in him feeling like an afterthought less than a year into his run in AEW.
    https://www.thesportster.com/aew-bry...-afterthought/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-05-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Eh, Bryan was injured until recently, so it's hard to call him an after thought

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Eh, Bryan was injured until recently, so it's hard to call him an after thought
    Yea, but even before that, he was an afterthought. Killing off his heel run (just because newly acquired Regal needed something to do?) was a big booking blunder IMHO. A blunder that if AEW doesn't get what it wants from a new TV contract, then I'm gonna think of decisions like that.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-05-2022 at 12:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, but even before that, he was an afterthought. Killing off his heel run (just because newly acquired Regal needed something to do?) was a big booking blunder IMHO. A blunder that if AEW doesn't get what it wants from a new TV contract, then I'm gonna think of decisions like that.
    No, he wasn't. They were clearly building up an animosity between him and Eddie, and without his injury he'd have likely been the one to get the tap out in Blood and Guts

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's being reported that Triple H wants to bring back killer Kross.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's being reported that Triple H wants to bring back killer Kross.
    He would be a fool to go back money isn't worth it I have no confidence anything is going to change that much in wwe.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He would be a fool to go back money isn't worth it I have no confidence anything is going to change that much in wwe.
    A lot of the talent enjoy working for Triple H. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of released guys decide to go back because Trips is back in charge. Kross would strike me as one of those guys as he strived under trips while crash and burned under Vince

Extraordinary Member

Kross’s style and presentation is also very WWE; while I hope Trips is open to more “work rate” guys again, I think he also wants at least a handful of the monsters Vince liked. Kross was designed to be that type of monster.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Kross is already back. Wasted no time lol

This plus does the announcement of the womans tag team tournament mean Sasha and Naomi coming back as well?

Ultimate Member

Lolololol...Triple H is hitting the ground.

He's quickly reversing Vince's insanity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    This plus does the announcement of the womans tag team tournament mean Sasha and Naomi coming back as well?
    Very likely.

Triple H won't let them walk like that.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'd say Bray Wyatt will get a nice offer to return soon. As it was said his merch sales were really big as The Fiend and it was really stupid to release him. So Wyatt likely is gonna be the BIG shocking return soon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.