Page 784 of 865 FirstFirst ... 284684734774780781782783784785786787788794834 ... LastLast
Results 11,746 to 11,760 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I think it may stem from my hatred of flavor-of-the-week type network television lol. I like the having the subplots of serials, and find the one-in-done procedural types lacking in general. I don't rate Planetary as high as others for the same reasons you mentioned, but i did enjoy it overall.

Fun Fact: Planetary was the first Omnibus I ever bought!
    I second that. I bought GF deluxe, read it and sold it right away. Not for me.

Signing with Erica Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Recent purchases:
    nice! I'm kind of on the fence about the Superman omnibus, not sure how the material reads? IF similar to the Death and Return omnibus that's good but if it's a bit more older I'm not sure if I need to add it to my library.
    Also, Vision is just so good!

Also also: surprised to see all the hate for GF here and on FB too. Read it once in chunky trade and while it won't be my favourite Ellis book it's still just as good as most of his stuff IMHO. The episodic structure doesn't bother me in case of a 24 page comic book if it's done well and I think it was done well here.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Nice. Looks like Harrow County is getting Library Editions. I almost started buying the trades a few times over the last couple months

https://www.amazon.com/Harrow-County...n%3A7421492011
    Brilliant! I've held off on getting the trades too. I'll definitely be getting the library editions.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Brilliant! I've held off on getting the trades too. I'll definitely be getting the library editions.
    Same! The art will look glorious oversized.

Andddd another signing with Abnett and two legends, Cam Kennedy and Simon Bisley.

Shame Bisley signed Mek Files on cover, I have Mills, MacCarthy, O'Neil and Gibbons signatures inside, but I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nice! I'm kind of on the fence about the Superman omnibus, not sure how the material reads? IF similar to the Death and Return omnibus that's good but if it's a bit more older I'm not sure if I need to add it to my library.
    I‘m loving it! It‘s got better art than DaRoS (Ordway - one of the unsung heroes of Superman artists - and Gammill/Janke on most issues) and the stories are of the type that remind me why I fell in love with Superman as a child. Particularly the actual „Exile“ run is fun (if you liked Planet Hulk, this one‘s for you as well) and there‘s nothing corny about it as it builds mostly on Byrne‘s post-Crisis reboot. I hope they‘ll fill the gap up until DoS in Omnibus form as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I‘m loving it! It‘s got better art than DaRoS (Ordway - one of the unsung heroes of Superman artists - and Gammill/Janke on most issues) and the stories are of the type that remind me why I fell in love with Superman as a child. Particularly the actual „Exile“ run is fun (if you liked Planet Hulk, this one‘s for you as well) and there‘s nothing corny about it as it builds mostly on Byrne‘s post-Crisis reboot. I hope they‘ll fill the gap up until DoS in Omnibus form as well.
    I actually really dislike Planet Hulk But mostly for the way the story was told (both plot and visuals) so not because of the type of story it is.

Fantastic Member

Not surprised tbh, they're going all out on Conan collections since the license will return to Marvel next year. I'm really glad that all of the King Conan mini-series will finally get the proper oversized treatment that they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    Not surprised tbh, they're going all out on Conan collections since the license will return to Marvel next year. I'm really glad that all of the King Conan mini-series will finally get the proper oversized treatment that they deserve.
    The only Dark Horse Conan I read was the first Colossal book and I liked it. Do these new ones pick up where that one left off?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The only Dark Horse Conan I read was the first Colossal book and I liked it. Do these new ones pick up where that one left off?
    Yes for the one, no for King Conan. The first colossal conan was trades vol. 1-6. This second one looks like its trades vol. 7-10 at least. It might go past 10. hard to tell.

The king conan series takes place much later when he is older.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Yes for the one, no for King Conan. The first colossal conan was trades vol. 1-6. This second one looks like its trades vol. 7-10 at least. It might go past 10. hard to tell.

The king conan series takes place much later when he is older.
    Ok thanks. That makes sense. So it’s two different series?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Sweet! This means we'll have four volumes of BPRD Hell On Earth by January 2019
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor