Page 157 of 824 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 12354

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, barely anyone is having any real consequences from any of the metoo stuff. I don't see a huge black white issue here. Just need to burn it all.
    Coverup culture doesn't go away. It evolves. The BBC is still trying to hide the fact that they knew about Saville for decades and protected him

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I didn't like TDK at all, but I at least get why some people did. Logan I'm baffled about. That **** was soooo boring.

I guess it's one of the better X-Men flicks...

Which is all I have to say about those.
    Dude, you've legitimately shocked me. Logan is one of the best movies I've ever seen, period. I can't get through a rewatch without crying.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Hey, if stellar set design and costuming could give LOTR a huge push, then definitely don’t rule out Black Panther. Take M’Baku’s throne room for example. That alone wins an award for visual design in my book.
    I think it should def win the costume and score nominations

My issue with nominations like "best pic" is that idk what that really means lol

Id fall asleep watching most best pic winners...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    And what's even worse is that they're flipping out over BP winning a nomination, it's not even the actual award itself. This is combined with the fact that many within Nerd Culture prefer Avengers Infinity War where the black characters
    had among the lowest screen times just because their edgelords that thrive on evil winning.
    No. It’s better because it diverted (or at least subverted) the usual Marvel formula, made you genuinely worry about the life expectancy of the heroes, and presented you with a disturbing villain with such a warped outlook, that he casually talks about genocide the way you would talk about keeping a car well-maintained - as if saying, “Of course it’s a good policy, silly.”
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 01-22-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Dude, you've legitimately shocked me. Logan is one of the best movies I've ever seen, period. I can't get through a rewatch without crying.
    If it's your thing that's cool. I just don't feel it at all.

But there are a lot of movies people like that I don't rock with, and vice versa.

If it had been nominated for anything I likely would have just said, "That's cool and all. But I don't really rock with it."

That said I'm busy sonning some guy over on another thread because he made the mistake of talking about movies being "measurably" better than Black Panther.

Rookie mistake, cause if you're talking "measurements" you better bring the receipts.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ive still never met a person in real life who didnt like Black Panther.

I had a lot of patients talk about it, coworkers, the few fam members i text, my wife

And i live in the south.

Definitely the only cbm ive had that happen.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ive still never met a person in real life who didnt like Black Panther.

I had a lot of patients talk about it, coworkers, the few fam members i text, my wife

And i live in the south.

Definitely the only cbm ive had that happen.
    I know people who think it was "just pretty good" but not really their thing. I imagine it's a lot like how I feel about Handmaid's Tale.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I know people who think it was "just pretty good" but not really their thing. I imagine it's a lot like how I feel about Handmaid's Tale.
    I only watched Handmaid's Tale because of Yvonne Strahovski.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Unfortunately, the pervading question about BP’s nomination (or even win) might be, “Did the Academy actually like the film enough, or were they too afraid of being labeled as ‘part of the problem’ to go with what they were originally leaning towards?”
    That has been going on since day one.

It does not matter if they liked the film or not. How many films that get nominations have any of them seen? If you made them show PROOF that they saw a film in order to vote on it-I bet that list would look real different.
    How many times have we seen a movie get nominations and was not OUT in the USA? Let alone anywhere else. DId Leo Decapriao have one that came out on Christmas got Oscar nods.
    I never even heard of those animated movies going against Spiderverse. I live in a huge market and not one ad for that Dog movie was shown here. I don't think it was in a theater here.

Nerd Culture HATE HATE HATES being reminded about culture and diversity issues and we've seen the pushback and upset over servicing a larger audience for years now, so I'm not surprised that there's a interwebz meltdown going on now.
    NO they don't mind culture & diversity as long as it PANDERS to them.

Excluding Motor Crush-none of the black lead Image books have been attacked. They have 6-Savage Dragon, Freeze, Prodigy, Bitter Root & one with a biracial boy fighting druggie monsters. Lets not forget Kick Azz stars a BLACK WOMAN.
    Dark Horse is not getting attacked. They had had more black female colead in books than Marvel and DC combined. Especially in Alien.
    Valiant, Lion Forge, Boom and most of Black Mask left alone.
    Dc also left alone with the exception of Naomi. Any complaints come from actual readers.
    Meanwhile Marvel gets attacked be it legacy or new creation. Lead by folks who don't read the books.

If you are mad that Iceman is gay shouldn't you be throwing fits about Aqualad at DC?
    Mistreatment of characters? Wally West says HI. Titans say HI.
    A book based on a person's preference? What is Heroes in Crisis?
    Character being used a mouth piece-Sideways say HI
    Pushing pets-Hal Jordan & Barry Allen say hi.
    Bendis had to be stolen from Marvel to save Tim Drake's generation.
    Dc's top selling minority is a black boy named Duke who got trashed in Detective Comics and does one panel cameos in a top selling book.

And folks want to scream Marvel books are nothing but politics. I can name 10-15 non Marvel books filled with agendas and politics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That has been going on since day one.

It does not matter if they liked the film or not. How many films that get nominations have any of them seen? If you made them show PROOF that they saw a film in order to vote on it-I bet that list would look real different.
    How many times have we seen a movie get nominations and was not OUT in the USA? Let alone anywhere else. DId Leo Decapriao have one that came out on Christmas got Oscar nods.
    I never even heard of those animated movies going against Spiderverse. I live in a huge market and not one ad for that Dog movie was shown here. I don't think it was in a theater here.
    Oh f**k! I forgot that they DONT even watch every film that was nominated...........................Has me now questioning why this award even exists if they're just going to half-ass it like this.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 01-22-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

NO they don't mind culture & diversity as long as it PANDERS to them.

Excluding Motor Crush-none of the black lead Image books have been attacked. They have 6-Savage Dragon, Freeze, Prodigy, Bitter Root & one with a biracial boy fighting druggie monsters. Lets not forget Kick Azz stars a BLACK WOMAN.
    Dark Horse is not getting attacked. They had had more black female colead in books than Marvel and DC combined. Especially in Alien.
    Valiant, Lion Forge, Boom and most of Black Mask left alone.
    Dc also left alone with the exception of Naomi. Any complaints come from actual readers.
    Meanwhile Marvel gets attacked be it legacy or new creation. Lead by folks who don't read the books.

If you are mad that Iceman is gay shouldn't you be throwing fits about Aqualad at DC?
    Mistreatment of characters? Wally West says HI. Titans say HI.
    A book based on a person's preference? What is Heroes in Crisis?
    Character being used a mouth piece-Sideways say HI
    Pushing pets-Hal Jordan & Barry Allen say hi.
    Bendis had to be stolen from Marvel to save Tim Drake's generation.
    Dc's top selling minority is a black boy named Duke who got trashed in Detective Comics and does one panel cameos in a top selling book.

And folks want to scream Marvel books are nothing but politics. I can name 10-15 non Marvel books filled with agendas and politics.
    It's because many of them are the worst kind of disgruntled Marvel zombies. It's never occurred to them that they could buy other books if they were fed up with Marvel. They aren't even aware of the titles and companies you mentioned. They'd rather buy a Marvel comic they already know they don't like and complain about it than take a chance on something different. And the ones who do, don't look for indie comics they might actually be into, they grab the opposite so that they can do videos that rag on SJWs.

I will say this, if anything good came out of certain pros getting involved in that side of the community it woke some of them up to the fact that it's ok to buy self published and indie comics rather than waste time complaining about the same handful comics from Marvel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    And what's even worse is that they're flipping out over BP winning a nomination, it's not even the actual award itself. This is combined with the fact that many within Nerd Culture prefer Avengers Infinity War where the black characters
    had among the lowest screen times just because their edgelords that thrive on evil winning.
    I won't be shocked to see some variations on, "Black Panther is not really good, the liberals in Hollywood were just under pressure to give it an award by the PC Police!"

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'm done with Supergirl. Not gonna criticize its feminist agenda, because hey, more power to them for giving that agenda a platform. But as a Superhero show, it just sucks. Not feeling it at all. If I'm being honest, I gave it more of a chance than it deserved just because I kept hoping it would pull a Legends of Tomorrow and become good. Well, if it ever does that, someone tell me so I can binge it when it does. Meanwhile, bye Kara.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I won't be shocked to see some variations on, "Black Panther is not really good, the liberals in Hollywood were just under pressure to give it an award by the PC Police!"
    That has been the "go to argument" sense the first trailer launched.

Ol' pedo Singer is back in the news for you "both sides" peeps

Dude is so teflon that I wonder if the rumors he has vids/pics of his parties is actually true and he has very powerful people on them