Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Lot of ppl got banned i see
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Like in general or on this thread? Did something happen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I’m one of them who was banned, I still don’t understand why they banned me.

I’ll probably get ban again for sayin this, but I don’t care:
    If you don’t want to get ban, never post anything bad about the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I’m one of them who was banned, I still don’t understand why they banned me.

I’ll probably get ban again for sayin this, but I don’t care:
    Welcome back

From what I've seen, it's not so much not liking the MCU, but being trollish and derailing threads in arguments.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    From what I've seen, it's not so much not liking the MCU, but being trollish and derailing threads in arguments.
    This wasn’t the case. The thread was about X-Men joining the MCU. I was saying I think the x-men wouldn’t work with the MCU and I give my reasons why it wouldn’t work. This was totally in bounds of the thread. The MCU fanboys complained to the moderator about my opinion, so I was wrongly banned. Unfortunately, in this “politically correct world”, a simple disagreement can brand you as a troll.
    Last edited by Raiders; 03-03-2019 at 04:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Welcome back
    It not going to last long. I’ll probably get ban for life soon, which is just fine with me.
    Because I’m not going to let any MCU fanboy or forum moderator deter me from speaking my mind.

It not going to last long. I’ll probably get ban for life soon, which is just fine with me.
    Because I’m not going to let any MCU fanboy or forum moderator deter me from speaking my mind.
    It is your opinion. Stick to it.

This wasn’t the case. The thread was about X-Men joining the MCU. I was saying I think the x-men wouldn’t work with the MCU and I give my reasons why it wouldn’t work. This was totally in bounds of the thread.
    For what it's worth, I'd prefer the Fox series continue as is rather then get an MCU reboot. But if they did reboot, I'd hope that they'd make movies about stuff we hadn't seen before.

The MCU fanboys complained to the moderator about my opinion, so I was wrongly banned. Unfortunately, in this “politically correct world”, a simple disagreement can brand you as a troll.
    I'd need to see the comments in question to know for sure, but from what I've observed, you need to be pretty trollish to get yourself banned and that you can push the limits pretty far (remember there used to be this crazy pro-Fox X-Men and-Disney/MCU guy who would rant on and on about it. He got to spout quite a bit before earning bans (and apparently coming back under other usernames often on). Besides, I make it no secret that I'm not in favor of an MCU reboot and I'm still here, despite getting into some pretty intense arguments on the subject.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

This thread should just be fully deleted by an admin as a whole. Talk about this movie is a joke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    This thread should just be fully deleted by an admin as a whole. Talk about this movie is a joke.
    Until someone officially announces it's done, the movie is still on the schedule. Just because you don't think so doesn't mean there aren't others who want to discuss the development until that day comes. And no one is tying you up forcing you to read it Clockwork Orange-style.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Rupert Wyatt: Failure of ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot Responsible for ‘Gambit’ Not Being Made

https://gvnation.com/rupert-wyatt-fa...ot-being-made/

"It simply came down to budget. There was not enough. You know all too well about the politics of the business. Fantastic Four had been released by Fox a month before and had not gone well for them, so our budget was slashed quite considerably. The inevitable, from my perspective was, ‘Well then we need to rewrite the script to tailor to our budget’, but we were too close to a start date for Fox to really want to go there, so unfortunately, it just didn’t work out."
    Make Good Art

Wyatt:
    "I was very close with Channing Tatum and his producing partner Reid Carolin, and I was on the script with him and Josh Zetumer as a writer," Wyatt told The Beat. "We were close, I believe 10 weeks away. It simply came down to budget. There was not enough. You know all too well about the politics of the business. Fantastic Four had been released by Fox a month before and had not gone well for them, so our budget was slashed quite considerably. The inevitable, from my perspective was, 'Well then we need to rewrite the script to tailor to our budget,' but we were too close to a start date for Fox to really want to go there, so unfortunately, it just didn't work out."

Despite his own departure from the project, Wyatt spoke highly of Tatum's vision for Gambit and remains hopeful that the film will still get made. “All I know is Channing had a really, really wonderful idea for what that film could and should be,” Wyatt explained. “I know he and Reid are still plugging away at it, so I hope in the new Disney era, that then they get to make it.”

https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-rupert-wyatt-gambit/

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Rupert Wyatt Says His ‘Godfather’-Inspired ‘Gambit’ Movie Was Set in the 70s

“Yeah [a heist film] of a sort. I mean it was a period film. It dealt with the 70s up until the present day. It was about kind of mutant gangs and the notion of what it means to belong, tribalism in this bayou-like environment. The swamps of New Orleans. So it would’ve been a lot of fun. I know Channing sort of worked on the script to make it into more of a romantic comedy, I think. Which I read and it was great, it was very different to what I was involved in. But now Disney have the reins so I don’t know what their plans are.”

http://collider.com/gambit-movie-details-rupert-wyatt/
    Make Good Art

That sounds like a hot mess. Glad we sidestepped that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!