Page 192 of 434 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 6499
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Xavier, like most of the X-men is an extremely good person that haters define by overblow mistakes. but that happens to every other member of the x-men.
    it is surprising how easy is for some people to demonize him but at the same time defend other characters for more and worse mistakes.

BANNED

The only reason Xavier was in heaven is bc Aaron wrote the book that showed that and X is the only man who matters if we go by his canon

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Every Rogue costume looks good with a bomber jacket
    Agreed! And any cover with Baby Havok on it is worth having in my book.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Xavier, like most of the X-men is an extremely good person that haters define by overblow mistakes. but that happens to every other member of the x-men.
    it is surprising how easy is for some people to demonize him but at the same time defend other characters for more and worse mistakes.
    I think you may be overstating things there. I mean, I think Xavier is a great character but he’s clearly morally ambiguous and has been from the start. That’s not demonising him, it’s just not looking the other way when he conveniently mind wipes people, or builds an army of teenagers.

I mean, the army of teenagers idea has become a comic book staple. It’s a great concept. But put it in context. There are plenty of stories to be told about how that’s not a good idea.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-27-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

We are thankfully getting HOX, POX and then X-men from him but wonder how much influence will Hickman have on the other books outside of X-men going forward.
    He usually does long stuff but I wonder if it is going to be limited to the X-men book.

Astonishing Member

We are thankfully getting HOX, POX and then X-men from him but wonder how much influence will Hickman have on the other books outside of X-men going forward.
    He usually does long stuff but I wonder if it is going to be limited to the X-men book.
    Hickman seems to be acting in a somewhat Overseer position with the books coming out of HoX/PoX making sure the books don't get off track or upset the continuity of what he's planning in any major way. Unfortunately I don't think we'll now how much influence he has over these books until we're into Wave 1 of the books.

I think he pitched ideas and writers were choosing from them.
    I read ead that Excalibur writer almost accidently deleted first email from him where he was pitching ideas for her.

Spectacular Member

They've said he helped pick the creative teams himself, which implies some level of oversight.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I think you may be overstating things there. I mean, I think Xavier is a great character but he’s clearly morally ambiguous and has been from the start. That’s not demonising him, it’s just not looking the other way when he conveniently mind wipes people, or builds an army of teenagers.

I mean, the army of teenagers idea has become a comic book staple. It’s a great concept. But put it in context. There are plenty of stories to be told about how that’s not a good idea.
    Is Xavier the only morally ambiguous mutant? Is he the one who has ever mind wiped people or used teenagers as soldiers? Has he been responsible for multiple deaths as some others have been? I will put Xavier's sins up against a multitude of other X-men, he gets into Heaven ahead of a lot of other x-characters.

After giving HOX some thought, there is plenty of reasons to believe not all is as it seems and trouble is just around the corner.

I’m not sure how it returned to earth after being blasted into space. But Krakoa has a long history of taking on the form of the island’s flora and fauna, luring mutants to the island, and feeding off mutants as an energy source. Comicvine also notes “Krakoa was also depicted as possessing massive psionic power (enough to rival that of Xavier himself).” All that’s to say, maybe that isn’t Xavier and the team. The pods certainly call to mind invasion of the body snatchers. We could be seeing extensions of Krakoa emerging from those pods attempting to lure mutants to the island. It certainly seems focused on gathering and acquiring Omega level mutants.

Also, per the infographic Krakoa has a blind spot. A tumor that is functioning as habitat. That can’t be good. What are tumors, after all, but cellular mutations which systematically undermine the host. One imagines the Maker using the tumor as base within Krakoa for systematically manipulating the island.

Which leads to — that can’t be Xavier. The helmet and body language clearly point to the Maker. Also, other issue preview art shows Xavier in regular attire sans helmet meeting with Moira. So... the mystery seems how do we get there from here? Maybe the real X-Men are trapped in Krakoa someplace. Cocooned away like Jean at the bottom of Jamaica Bay before she was discovered by the Fantastic Four.

It all seems promising and fun. I like the symmetry of returning to Krakoa for the launch of the era. I just hope we get some nice character journeys. X-men is often described as soap opera, but a closer examination reveals character transformations earned the comic its status.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    After giving HOX some thought, there is plenty of reasons to believe not all is as it seems and trouble is just around the corner.

I’m not sure how it returned to earth after being blasted into space. But Krakoa has a long history of taking on the form of the island’s flora and fauna, luring mutants to the island, and feeding off mutants as an energy source. Comicvine also notes “Krakoa was also depicted as possessing massive psionic power (enough to rival that of Xavier himself).” All that’s to say, maybe that isn’t Xavier and the team. The pods certainly call to mind invasion of the body snatchers. We could be seeing extensions of Krakoa emerging from those pods attempting to lure mutants to the island. It certainly seems focused on gathering and acquiring Omega level mutants.

Also, per the infographic Krakoa has a blind spot. A tumor that is functioning as habitat. That can’t be good. What are tumors, after all, but cellular mutations which systematically undermine the host. One imagines the Maker using the tumor as base within Krakoa for systematically manipulating the island.

Which leads to — that can’t be Xavier. The helmet and body language clearly point to the Maker. Also, other issue preview art shows Xavier in regular attire sans helmet meeting with Moira. So... the mystery seems how do we get there from here? Maybe the real X-Men are trapped in Krakoa someplace. Cocooned away like Jean at the bottom of Jamaica Bay before she was discovered by the Fantastic Four.

It all seems promising and fun. I like the symmetry of returning to Krakoa for the launch of the era. I just hope we get some nice character journeys. X-men is often described as soap opera, but a closer examination reveals character transformations earned the comic its status.
    Most likely this is Krakoa junior from the Wolverine and X-Men book. That Krakoa was an ally of the X-Men.

Also I don't think it's the Maker I believe the design is far too on the nose for it to be (not to mention the Maker is busy on the Avengers side of things trying to collect Molecule Man from across the multiverse) I think the design is more of a red herring rather than it pointing at being the Maker.
    Last edited by loke13; 07-27-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If anyone is impersonating or controlling Xavier, is not the Maker, but Sinister.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If anyone is impersonating or controlling Xavier, is not the Maker, but Sinister.
    That feels way more likely to me too.

The Maker is appearing right now, as himself, in Marvel comics, the main villain of the upcoming Future Foundation series. For him to be Xavier would make zero narrative sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post

Oh yeah, there's a definite Invasion of the Body Snatchers vibe going on here, especially with the first two pages. And since, you point out, Krakoa can make humanoids of itself, it doesn't seem far fetched. It's also very likely that, while keeping the real X-Men in storage, Krakoa's reading their minds and using their thoughts, memories, and personalities to create it's perfect plant clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, when looking at the preview for Powers of X, the new mutants definitely seem like Mr. Sinister creations a la the Age of Apocalypse Nate Grey.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I see nothing wrong with Charles at all, he seems like his normal self.