Page 353 of 410 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 6144

More Dragon Con cosplay! New52 Superman and Wonder Woman Action Poses

Last edited by LoveStar; 09-19-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I think DC needs to realize that comics eventually become collected trades or gns. And when you crap on stories like they did the new 52, you are actually hurting your own brand. No writer of a novel of tv series would mirror what they have been doing to retcon or push status quos. Good story telling should have a concrete beginning, middle and end. They should also matter and after you got new 52 fans to spend money, telling them what they bought was lies frankly is not a way to endear customers to you.

eg Kingdom Come as a story is self contained. I have that as a good story forever. No one is coming to tell me it does not matter. Same as many arcs from preflashpoint or standalones. Whether the verse changed or got altered or there was a reboot...they happened and mattered. You still have that satisfaction that it still played out and if hypertime or the multiverse exists then it gives the reader immersed in that world...well I did not waste my time investing in this. But to come and tell SMWW fans what they invested in was down right lies and illusions. I do not think any novelist or screen pay writer would treat an audience that way.

DC would change certain elements as in the one you shared above but they would not come tell the buyers well that never happened. They are, in fact, doing everything to tell them...okay even if we don't want to pursue this now, it still happened. It mattered because you bought it. The events in this verse whether sped up or jumping the shark...we still know you value it.

It was not much to ask for the new 52 verse with those versions of our couple to be part of the wider multiverse. Even if we never see them again, we at least know they were and are out there.
    I think you are confusing DC with just 2 people. It was Jurgens and Rucka that "crapped" on what came before. Jurgens was the one that felt the need of saying on twitter that SM/WW never happened, and so on...

I think DC needs to realize that comics eventually become collected trades or gns. And when you crap on stories like they did the new 52, you are actually hurting your own brand. Because you will get stories that are convoluted and make little sense if you are trying to catch up as a new reader. Good story telling should have a concrete beginning, middle and end. They should also matter and after you got new 52 fans to spend money, telling them what they bought was lies frankly is not a way to endear customers to you.

eg Kingdom Come as a story is self contained. I have that as a good story forever. No one is coming to tell me it does not matter. Same as many arcs from preflashpoint or standalones. Whether the verse changed or got altered or there was a reboot...they happened and mattered. You still have that satisfaction that it still played out and if hypertime or the multiverse exists then it gives the reader immersed in that world...well I did not waste my time investing in this. But to come and tell SMWW fans what they invested in was down right lies and illusions after 5 years, I do not think any good novelist or screen play writer would treat an audience that way.

DC would change certain elements as in the one you shared above but they would not come tell the buyers well that never happened. They are, in fact, doing everything to tell them...okay even if we don't want to pursue this now, it still happened. It mattered because you bought it. The events in this verse whether sped up or jumping the shark...we still know you value it.

It was not much to ask for the new 52 verse with those versions of our couple to be part of the wider multiverse. Even if we never see them again, we at least know they were and are out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think you are confusing DC with just 2 people. It was Jurgens and Rucka that "crapped" on what came before. Jurgens was the one that felt the need of saying on twitter that SM/WW never happened, and so on...
    How this transition was handled was so misguided and fogged by biasness.... there’s no clear explanation for Superman and Wonder Woman change. They don’t even know what to say Rebirth is. The anthology proved that, even having multiple writers but they called it different things. Also in other anthologies/encyclopedias new52 happened. How it “ended” was that new52 Superman and Wonder Woman were together. New52 Superman died loving his Diana. Period.

But I think the books followed the ideas? Recall what Hitch did? One moment new 52 Diana was mourning new 52 Clark then the moment she swapped uniforms she implied was not real? Also they have a timeline that does not add up at all so it is very confusing. Doomsday Clock as well adds to the confusion. All DC needs to confirm is the new 52 is a version like Injustice or KC or Bombshells or Beyond as part of the Multiverse or Hypertime . It does not take much to make fans at least have a feeling they did not waste their time. With Hypertime it does not even change what Rebirth did. It just is another branch of the timeline. Where everything is possible. If they want to believe well was an illusion, fine. But in another part of the timestream Clark and Diana did fall in love and he died loving her. And it opens the door that one day he will return to her. Oh well, at least fan fic writers can write our own spins. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    How this transition was handled was so misguided and fogged by biasness.... there’s no clear explanation for Superman and Wonder Woman change. They don’t even know what to say Rebirth is. The anthology proved that, even having multiple writers but they called it different things. Also in other anthologies/encyclopedias new52 happened. How it “ended” was that new52 Superman and Wonder Woman were together. New52 Superman died loving his Diana. Period.
    One wonders why they putting stuff out in guides and anthologies that confirm the SMWW romance and then writers write stuff that is different. Seems a weird disconnect.

Couples/Fam SuperWonder Cosplay

“We got together without really knowing where we were going and finally, I can say we were going to exactly the right place. Today, we came out of the worst and it is largely thanks to you. This pregnancy will not be our best memory but you will be mine. Everything turns thanks to you, it stays warm thanks to you and I promise to return the favor when I can start to get up again (I'll pick up the caches of Malia, I swear). In short, all that to say thank you. And so that everyone knows how exceptional you are.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B117rRsIU1r/

“They made action figures of us 😜”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2aNzDojrTP/

“Family cosplay, day 2! A couple of Wonder Women and our Superman! Then into a lowkey Diana cosplay for dinner!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B13j28Djxz2/

Couples/Fam SuperWonder Cosplay

“We got together without really knowing where we were going and finally, I can say we were going to exactly the right place. Today, we came out of the worst and it is largely thanks to you. This pregnancy will not be our best memory but you will be mine. Everything turns thanks to you, it stays warm thanks to you and I promise to return the favor when I can start to get up again (I'll pick up the caches of Malia, I swear). In short, all that to say thank you. And so that everyone knows how exceptional you are.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B117rRsIU1r/

“They made action figures of us ��”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2aNzDojrTP/

“Family cosplay, day 2! A couple of Wonder Women and our Superman! Then into a lowkey Diana cosplay for dinner!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B13j28Djxz2/
    Ahh, more cosplay. Look at the little girl...we see so many of the children as so empowered to have smww as parents and also be wearing a costume inspired by mom or dad. And the thing is smww is so much about the couples and families. It has more to do with smww TOGETHER as opposed to just it being a sm or a ww costume as some would try to suggest.

Sooo, I wonder what Didio and Lee and the writers that tried to wipe out smww in canon have to say when they see smww cosplays still, esp new 52 in the age of rebirth?

They prob pretend they do not see it I guess. lol.

Wrong people being in charge of their franchises in the wrong moment.

But I think the books followed the ideas? Recall what Hitch did? One moment new 52 Diana was mourning new 52 Clark then the moment she swapped uniforms she implied was not real?
    ???? Hitch had Diana mourning Clark. Period.

Also they have a timeline that does not add up at all so it is very confusing. Doomsday Clock as well adds to the confusion. All DC needs to confirm is the new 52 is a version like Injustice or KC or Bombshells or Beyond as part of the Multiverse or Hypertime . It does not take much to make fans at least have a feeling they did not waste their time. With Hypertime it does not even change what Rebirth did. It just is another branch of the timeline. Where everything is possible. If they want to believe well was an illusion, fine. But in another part of the timestream Clark and Diana did fall in love and he died loving her. And it opens the door that one day he will return to her. Oh well, at least fan fic writers can write our own spins. lol.
    I dunno. The new52 is still canon for every other character to make it another verse.

The pose looked familiar, I had to look at Google, lol:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-19-2019 at 11:43 AM.

I'm in the mood of doing weird posts today... 😅

SM/WW vases:

"This DC pair!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BylmpqBhWLY/

"And these beautiful vases/planters made by Aliny! Wonder Woman and Superman!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1tX8bVHzMq/

One wonders why they putting stuff out in guides and anthologies that confirm the SMWW romance and then writers write stuff that is different. Seems a weird disconnect.
    I believe there’s this “expectations vs (bias)reality” things going on with SMWW

It’s expected that the SMWW dynamic is respected that they have a close and special bond whether they are together or not but in (bias) reality since the rebirth transition or any other time the dynamic has been changed that’s not what happens. Their dynamic is forcibly distant and empty. From the anthologies/encyclopedias, these are set to be OFFICIAL history guides, which means they would rather go with what’s expected and more impactful with substance.

Ahh, more cosplay. Look at the little girl...we see so many of the children as so empowered to have smww as parents and also be wearing a costume inspired by mom or dad. And the thing is smww is so much about the couples and families. It has more to do with smww TOGETHER as opposed to just it being a sm or a ww costume as some would try to suggest.

Sooo, I wonder what Didio and Lee and the writers that tried to wipe out smww in canon have to say when they see smww cosplays still, esp new 52 in the age of rebirth?

They prob pretend they do not see it I guess. lol.
    Cosplaying, especially for families is to be inspiring.

No way can this be ignored for much longer.

Unfortunately

I dunno. The new52 is still canon for every other character to make it another verse.
    Which doesn’t make sense still....more messiness.

YASSS!!!! I recognized it to be that cover as well!

This "phase" can't be over fast enough.

YASSS!!!! I recognized it to be that cover as well!
    Are the pics of the 2nd part other recreations of poses/covers or random? 🤔

???? Hitch had Diana mourning Clark. Period.

AHHHH, I love this cover. I'd love Paul Renaud to do more SMWW covers or even interior art. Look at Diana. Boy she looks as she should. Powerful, beautiful, sexy, strong, heroic and kick ass. And Kal, like most of his new 52 versions by various artist, looks powerful and hot. I miss them. New SM and WW were the hottest couple in the DCU without even trying to be. It's just an aura the new 52 had.

Are the pics of the 2nd part other recreations of poses/covers or random? 🤔
    🤔 hmm? I’m not quite sure probably so. But for sure the next sets have some fun random recreations of fanarts

AHHHH, I love this cover. I'd love Paul Renaud to do more SMWW covers or even interior art. Look at Diana. Boy she looks as she should. Powerful, beautiful, sexy, strong, heroic and kick ass. And Kal, like most of his new 52 versions by various artist, looks powerful and hot. I miss them. New SM and WW were the hottest couple in the DCU without even trying to be. It's just an aura the new 52 had.
    Exactly! And wasn’t it said they were too sexy? 🤣😜 SMWW is effortlessly sexy and standout.

I miss them too! 😩

Here’s another set of the New52 Superman and Wonder Woman cosplayers at Dragon Con. There'll be more of them in the upcoming days...🤗

SuperWonder Lifting Challenge

Can't wait to see more pics of these two. I'm really enjoying their SMWW cosplay.