Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't think the X-Men are being canceled. I think its most likely that its in relation to what Bendis said about there being big changes in the X-Men. And maybe they are a bit wary of announcing it to stave off fan reaction. Maybe they think its something the more vocal fans would hate.

Hmmm... Starfox? I used to like the character but he was sort of pegged as a sex offender and that really was his death nel. But I can see Remender taking that aspect of the character an uh, play with it. I dont know whether to be intrigued or nervous.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Interesting to see Remender tackling that controversial character after the subject matter of his own recent controversy.
    #firestarfox

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Take a closer look. Classic Avengers-style Beast. Classic Hawkeye costume.

It's clearly a flashback scene.
    There is only the one image right? I'm only seeing Cap.

This was a Remender panel that's why everything was Avengers and mostly stuff I don't read or plan on.
    We need better comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Bad joke. The answer to the fans question was a bit ridiculous and vague as usual. Everything is "writer driven and not editorial mandate". Marvel discussed "killing the Avengers the year of the movie". Yet I don't believe there was ever rumors or speculations surrounding that.
    They didn't say there were rumors or speculation about it.

And there was nothing really vague about their answer...

Good news. I love that they will eventually return to highlight the vision. And starfox will go out of limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Wait, what? Come on, please no. Nobody likes that guy. He is the worst.
    i like.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

I love that Spiderman editor answered all the X-Men questions. This is getting ridiculous

Ha they said at the pannel when planning AvX they considered killing all the avengers and replacing them with the X-men if thats not a joke, what a crock of ****. And while I don't believe they are canceling the X-men Marvel is doing their damnest to keep that rumor going by not having an X-men pannel at the biggest con of the year. But use the promise of X-men news to prop up an avenger event pannel.

-Like the sound of Avengers: Ultron's Rage
    -Can't wait for All-new Captain America
    -Scott and Alex working together again
    -Uncanny Avengers and Deadpool team-up!
    -Elixar is coming back, awesome!
    -Wonder what Skull needs Rogue and Wanda for?
    -Vision's coming back in a big way
    -Who's Plantman?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Hmmm... Starfox? I used to like the character but he was sort of pegged as a sex offender and that really was his death nel. But I can see Remender taking that aspect of the character an uh, play with it. I dont know whether to be intrigued or nervous.
    Unfortunately the "rapist" thing seems to be stuck in some people's heads, even though the resolution to that SHE-HULK arc very clearly showed that he was not a rapist and that it was only Thanos' tampering with his mind that caused his odd behaviour and loss of control over his powers. That damage was fixed at the end of the story, and Eros was back to normal (although he'd sacrificed his pleasure powers because he didn't want to risk their mis-use again) and went off to try and make amends to people who were impacted while he was in the altered state. So that arc really left him in a positive place...but unfortunately some people seem determined to forget or ignore the end and only remember that he was accused of rape.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    -Who's Plantman?
    A long-time third-stringer villain, who has the power to animate and control plants. He was a member of the Thunderbolts for a while, and at that time his powers had expanded to the point where his own body had turned into plant matter, and he was telepathically linked with plant-life all over Earth...but last we saw, he was back to human form now. He has also been known to use artificial humans made out of plant-matter (sometimes generic looking, sometimes duplicates of real people).

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    I love that Spiderman editor answered all the X-Men questions. This is getting ridiculous
    Most of whatever is being released now still probably has his finger prints on it in terms of the X-Men. Marts impact probably won't be felt until after AXIS, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    A long-time third-stringer villain, who has the power to animate and control plants. He was a member of the Thunderbolts for a while, and at that time his powers had expanded to the point where his own body had turned into plant matter, and he was telepathically linked with plant-life all over Earth...but last we saw, he was back to human form now. He has also been known to use artificial humans made out of plant-matter (sometimes generic looking, sometimes duplicates of real people).
    Huh, sounds like he could make for an interesting super villain.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

They don't have anything X-Men to announce because it would all be post-AXIS stuff and it's too early for that.

They just launched a solo Storm book, they're not canceling the line.

Does anyone know where I could see the Alex Ross All-new Captain America cover because for some reason its not up on CBR.
    Words to live by.