Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Is Tiffany Espensen contractually unavailable or just unlikely to reprise the role in a solo film?

It could very well be that it's just a recast or Homecoming's Cindy was just an easter egg and never meant to be the "real" Cindy Moon. It's also worth noting that the Silk movie would not be in continuity with the MCU and, by extension, Homecoming (although since Sony seems to be trying to make people think of their Spider-Man spinoffs as unofficial MCU movies, they might very well try to keep some degree of consistency with Homecoming).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It's too bad Sony couldn't maintain the partnership with Marvel and ride the MCU extended universe all the way to the bank.

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

I agree with you Von, it will be sad if it does get bombed hard.
    One thing for sure, it would be nice if it's an animated film for Silk. Just make sure Sony have the right script, director and actors for the film.
    Last edited by Cindy's Addiction; 06-25-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Is Tiffany Espensen contractually unavailable or just unlikely to reprise the role in a solo film?
    Given how much of a minor character she was in Homecoming, and the fact that she's basically Cindy in-name-only, I doubt she'll be even considered for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    I agree with you Von, it will be sad if it does get bombed hard.
    One thing for sure, it would be nice if it's an animated film for Silk. Just make sure Sony have the right script, director and actors for the film.
    I think with the likely success of the Miles movie there's probably a better chance for Silk in an animated movie then a live-action one.

I do feel like for a Silk film, you would have to deal with her being locked in the bunker for 10 years. The Inheritors don't have to be the reason, it can be any number of threat or caution they could be hiding her from. It's the anxiety and isolation she deals with once she leaves that I think makes the character the most compelling, and is incredibly great material for a film.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I do feel like for a Silk film, you would have to deal with her being locked in the bunker for 10 years. The Inheritors don't have to be the reason, it can be any number of threat or caution they could be hiding her from. It's the anxiety and isolation she deals with once she leaves that I think makes the character the most compelling, and is incredibly great material for a film.
    Agreed.

The trauma of being stuck in the bunker and the after-effects of that is something that I think really defines the real Cindy Moon, so you wouldn't be doing the character justice without it.

It also differentiates her from Peter.

The MCU has near divorced Peter from his origin. To the point where the spider-bite is an afterthought at this point.

I think it will be fine if they skip the locked in a bunker for years part for Cindy. It was only there in the comics to explain her absence for 55 years' worth of stories. The MCU Spider franchise is still in its infancy stage (maybe toddler stage) so such a storyline is not needed, and it's ambiguous if these spin-offs are in continuity with the Homecoming series in the first place.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 06-25-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The MCU has near divorced Peter from his origin. To the point where the spider-bite is an afterthought at this point.

I think it will be fine if they skip the locked in a bunker for years part for Cindy. It was only there in the comics to explain her absence for 55 years' worth of stories. The MCU Spider franchise is still in its infancy stage (maybe toddler stage) so such a storyline is not needed, and it's ambiguous if these spin-offs are in continuity with the Homecoming series in the first place.
    No, they haven't. They just haven't been so 'in your face' about it because everybody and their grandma knows Spidey's origin, and MCU is aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No, they haven't. They just haven't been so 'in your face' about it because everybody and their grandma knows Spidey's origin, and MCU is aware of that.
    There is a huge difference between "not being in your face" and barely mentioning it at all. Anyways, MCU's downplaying of Peter's origin allows some space for Cindy's spider-bite story to play out.

There is a huge difference between "not being in your face" and barely mentioning it at all. Anyways, MCU's downplaying of Peter's origin allows some space for Cindy's spider-bite story to play out.
    "When you can do the things that I can. And you don't. And then the bad things happen. They happen because of you."-CA: CW

I think that's more than enough. And they mentioned the spider-bite. How is that "near divorcing" Peter from his origin?

"When you can do the things that I can. And you don't. And then the bad things happen. They happen because of you."-CA: CW

I think that's more than enough. And they mentioned the spider-bite. How is that "near divorcing" Peter from his origin?
    I'm talking about the spider-bite. That was mentioned... once I think? Cannot even recall. Regarding Uncle Ben, I feel the MCU has gone way too much in the other extreme direction than the Raimi films.

Anyway, back to topic regarding Cindy's origin. MCU barely mentioning the spider-bite origin for Peter has given Sony a decent interval to use it for Cindy.

I'm talking about the spider-bite. That was mentioned... once I think? Cannot even recall. Regarding Uncle Ben, I feel the MCU has gone way too much in the other extreme direction than the Raimi films.

Anyway, back to topic regarding Cindy's origin. MCU barely mentioning the spider-bite origin for Peter has given Sony a decent interval to use it for Cindy.
    Yes. Once.(Gank-I mean Ned was going on and on about that until Peter said, "The spider's dead, Ned.") How many times does it need to be mentioned?

Yes. Once.(Gank-I mean Ned was going on and on about that until Peter said, "The spider's dead, Ned.") How many times does it need to be mentioned?
    So doesn't being mentioned once across three movies featuring Peter now count as "barely mentioned" and leave an opening for Cindy's own spider-bite without people going "THIS AGAIN?!"

Though it would be funny if they just ripped off Jessica's origin for Cindy, kind of like how Peter got Ganke in the form of "Ned".

I feel like the MCU was kind of able to get away with this because of how well-known Spider-Man's origin is in popular culture.

Even if the MCU Spider-Man hasn't gone in-depth about it I would think a movie about a person who gets powers from a spider-bite would still garner a lot of comparisons to Spider-Man.
    That was how Slott seemed to handle it, but Robbie Thompson really mined that aspect to make it a very essential and emotional part of Cindy's character.