Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

This could work pretty easily. The Doom War is supposed to span across “space, time, and the multiverse itself”. So it’s definitely possible that the League travels back to the 1940s before Johnny Thunder wished them away.

Bravo to all involved with Justice League #30! This is why I love DC Comics. I can't wait to see where the story goes from here.

Wildcat looks so freaking buff, I love it so much! <3

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Bravo to all involved with Justice League #30! This is why I love DC Comics. I can't wait to see where the story goes from here.
    Is this optimism, or have you seen JL 30 already?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This could work pretty easily. The Doom War is supposed to span across “space, time, and the multiverse itself”. So it’s definitely possible that the League travels back to the 1940s before Johnny Thunder wished them away.
    But Doomsday Clock #10 seemed to have Thunderbolt pull a disappearing act at the JSA's very first meeting now!

So, was that just a temporary thing, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But Doomsday Clock #10 seemed to have Thunderbolt pull a disappearing act at the JSA's very first meeting now!
    So, was that just a temporary thing, or what?
    Johnny called the Thunderbolt to find Superman. In a continuity where Superman didn't exist then, there was no reason to call the Thunderbolt. Hence, he wasn't there.

Actually reading the books before talking about them is a big help here.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Is this optimism, or have you seen JL 30 already?
    I'd just read it when I posted. Though I still buy a lot of comics each Wednesday at my LCS I typically treat myself to one must-read book on comixology late Tuesday night.

Astonishing Member

It was nice seeing Silver Age Flash and one of the Silver-to-Bronze GLs bounce back and run into Jay and Alan, for sure. And the whole crew is there, and what does that say for Doctor Fate, or Hawkman (Pertinent to this whole run and METAL and Dark) as well as our modern heroes actual knowledge of this whole situation. It's like ... they're part of the story, and I'm thrilled, but they're not really "Back" yet. This is the young them. The World War II them that makes ... continuity-sense but not chronology-sense. But that's like ... this really isn't a critique this is where I get into how cool that is ... par for the course in a CRISIS. And this JLA run is basically just an extended run Crisis. A Crisis with room to breathe. In that way it's actually perhaps the most "put together" Crisis there ever has been, at least since White Martians-to-Mageddon.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I'd just read it when I posted. Though I still buy a lot of comics each Wednesday at my LCS I typically treat myself to one must-read book on comixology late Tuesday night.
    Your description seemed unusually powerful for a book you hadn't read yet. I'm glad you liked it. I've glanced through it as well but need to dive into it eeper to get a better handle on it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This looks to be a helluva fun story, and I loved how it allows for the JSA to appear in their classic form without treading on anything Johns is doing in Doomsday Clock. It's a great twist.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Golden Age Hawkman! I want lots of him, and his interactions with modern Carter Hall.

Unfortunately DC lost me but it's nice to know somewhere, elsewhere, THIS JSA still exists

It looks like a great start to a powerful story. The ending reminded me of the ending of part one of the TNG episode Unification. It's definitely a big story worthy of a Crisis on its own. Looks like I'm reading Justice League for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Unfortunately DC lost me but it's nice to know somewhere, elsewhere, THIS JSA still exists
    To be fair, it appears DC is trying to fix things. Of course, YMMV on the quality of their efforts.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 08-29-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think DC just generally sees the Spectre as too big for the JSA, and given his nature as an aspect of The Presence tied to a mortal soul, I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. Doomsday Clock stands apart because retcons are part of the story and witnessed by Doctor Manhatten. The Spectre was in that footage because he was there in the Golden Age. Clark was a member of the Legion in Doomsday Clock because that's how it was created, but he's not anymore.

Doomsday Clock just isn't the Rosetta Stone for continuity that it was propped up as. It's either been quietly made into a Black Label off-continuity book or there's a big retcon at the end which essentially renders all current books moot. Frankly I don't see the latter happening. You wouldn't let Bendis make over a year of Superman books about setting up a Legion without Clark being its inspiration, switching that over to Jon, and then let Johns muck it up five months later.

But Dan would. Alright, maybe you're on to something!
    I think Spectre is fine being part of the JSA in his earlier incarnation, but he's grown too unwieldy to be on a team in the modern era.

I do miss Mr. Terrific and Dr. Mid-Nite though .

It's so super-awesome to see these guys back!

Hm, one minor quibble - Hourman's hood/mask doesn't look right unless the mask and hood are connected - it's the one truly unique design element to his costume. Was the full hood something he'd worn in the past? (also seems odd to me that Starman is more buff than Hawkman, but that's just me...)