Page 100 of 161 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2405
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Because it was written to be that way. Only a fourth-wall breaking similar to or more complex than the Fantastic Four talking to the readers/She-Hulk talking to the creative team....What will the X-Men say to us?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Why would they let an unaccompanied human on the Island? There's so many human organizations that would try to infiltrate or invade the island. That looked like a safety measure to me.
    As I said, they aren't the only country to adopt such a stance. It can be justified by safety concerns, why not, sure. My point was never there. My point was that such a stance doesn't scream of coexistence, countrary to what is being supported by some. One country doesn't show openness by closing its frontier to foreigners, no matter how many trade agreements they have running on the wayside imo.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    As I said, they aren't the only country to adopt such a stance. It can be justified by safety concerns, why not, sure. My point was never there. My point was that such a stance doesn't scream of coexistence, countrary to what is being supported by some. One country doesn't show openness by closing its frontier to foreigners, no matter how many trade agreements they have running on the wayside imo.
    But you have to put it in the perspective of what kind of security issues they have faced in the past. Mutants have been segregated, killed, experimented upon, heavily infiltrated etc. on such a scale they should at least close their gates or chaperone humans in, since they live in a world full of organizations that exist with the sole purpose of killing them. Plus Krakoan gates are widely dislocated around the world and outside of it, it would be quite dumb to keep them open for everyone.

But you have to put it in the perspective of what kind of security issues they have faced in the past. Mutants have been segregated, killed, experimented upon, heavily infiltrated etc. on such a scale they should at least close their gates or chaperone humans in, since they live in a world full of organizations that exist with the sole purpose of killing them. Plus Krakoan gates are widely dislocated around the world and outside of it, it would be quite dumb to keep them open for everyone.
    And yet they are open to all mutants, some of which in the past have shown to be less than caring towards their own race. For example, Cassandra Nova was the cause of Genosia’s massacre but she also is a mutant. So at that point, would she too be allowed in? Sabretooth, who is a killer who doesn’t care if you’re human or mutant and has killed plenty of both in the past, is allowed in and the point was even made to grant him amnesty for his crimes for no other reason than him being a mutant. Selene and Proteus who are all around dangerous to everyone are allowed in despite the massive security risks that they are. These kinds of things reflect badly on them especially when they’ll turn away all humans with no exceptions but will allow people who would kill even their own kind in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And yet they are open to all mutants, some of which in the past have shown to be less than caring towards their own race. For example, Cassandra Nova was the cause of Genosia’s massacre but she also is a mutant. So at that point, would she too be allowed in? Sabretooth, who is a killer who doesn’t care if you’re human or mutant and has killed plenty of both in the past, is allowed in and the point was even made to grant him amnesty for his crimes for no other reason than him being a mutant. Selene and Proteus who are all around dangerous to everyone are allowed in despite the massive security risks that they are. These kinds of things reflect badly on them especially when they’ll turn away all humans with no exceptions but will allow people who would kill even their own kind in.
    Cassandra Nova isn't a Mutant
    Sabertooth mostly was paid by humans to kill mutants+I guess still has some his inverted personality (?)
    Proteus driven crazy cause of his mutant Powers burning out his body...they seem to have solved that
    Selene idk but I bet they've thought of way to neutralize her.
    "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't"
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Cassandra is not really a mutant, she's a Mummundrai (and she's not on the island as far as we know). As I've said before in this thread, some people in that group are too sketchy to be freely on Krakoa and I admit it (Sabretooth, Selene, Emplate, even Mystique, are dangerous for everyone and would stab everyone in the back), but I guess we need to see what they're going to do with the most dangerous ones (I can't believe Xavier And Magneto do not have a plan to deal with this kind of mutants, because that would be a pretty big fallacy in their scheme), since Emma said Sabretooth was going to be judged by a mutant court of Krakoa. There are a lot of unexplored places on the Island, maybe one of them is a correctional facility (and I can't imagine a nation without one of those) à la X-Brig. I hope it gets explained in the future.

But I still believe that they shouldn't let humans in without any kind of security measure. Maybe keep a team of telepaths scanning the human groups that come in, you don't want busses exploiding or school invasions anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Generally speaking, we should not be equating what the mutants are doing/establishing with Krakoa to Trump's MAGA/AF idiocy. The two ideologies are quite separate with different points of origin and intention.
    While mutants may become the dominant species (in numbers) in 20 years they are not necessarily advocating out-right physical dominance (in power) over humans...at least not at this very early stage.
    For all intents and purposes they just want the right to exist as a people without prejudice...too much to ask, but...it's worth the shot.
    Oh I wasn't the one making such a parallel, that other poster was. I agree with what you say, of course, what I question is the method of it. Achieving that goal by becoming an economical power to the world? Great. Diplomacy, cunning leverage of the unique resources they dispose of? Smart. Developing the means to protect themselves from foreign aggression or attacks? A staple for any country sadly. Blanket integration of some of the greatest killers in the history of mankind because "assets" and new beginnings ? Moraly despicable. The casual display of racial superiority sentiments from the protagonists is also a shift in tone that I find disturbing. Cultural celebration, exaltation of the self? Yes. Fervor veering toward fanaticism? Less palatable. There used to have balanced counterpoints when there was this kind of thing before. So far, the only sapiens who were represented in a good light have been the FF - and they are superheroes, they are expected to be good people. It's pretty telling.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Let's put it this way. Right now, someone like say, Kavita Rao, cannot BE on the main Krakoa Island. She might be allowed on one of the habitats around the globe, yes, pending mutant supervision in order to use the gate network... But she can't set foot on Krakoa. And security is not a factor when it comes to her, or other sapiens like her.
    Anyway, I digress. As I said, they can justify such a measure by security concerns, absolutely. Doesn't change the isolationist nature of said measure.

Also, no one said anything about letting the doors open to anyone, that wasn't the subject at all. It always was about what this ban of sapiens meant in term of coexistence. I think that's the kind of thing that tremples it.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 09-21-2019 at 02:55 AM.

"No justice, no peace."

Selene can be fed with Xavier's bodies just like Proteus. Emplate can feed thanks to Marrow.

Yes, they are probably still horrible people but now they have their last chance to prove that it is because their powers have driven them to it.

Nurture vs nature and all that. If they prove unable to live in Krakoa, I am sure they will have something designed to deal with them.

How in the world can you compare Trump to the X-men? The same people who destroyed mother mole saving their species and by extension humanity just a few issues ago. That is reaching.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I never quite realized how disturbing this fandom acted until this series happened.
    Far as I'm concerned the X-Men are only a few steps away from going full-on villain now, but according to some people this is apparently good for them and what they deserve?
    It's a bit creepy honestly.
    It's a comic book forum. Don't be so pressed.
    I do agree one hundred percent with everything Ororo101 has said recently and absolutely LOVE HoX and PoX absolutely...you may find that "disturbing" and "creepy" but that's ALL on you and has absolutely nothing to do with me or others who of a similar mindset
    I know it's difficult but...readers need to learn how to be objective and stop projecting their personal issues onto others. Because truly speaking...THAT is disturbing and creepy.

Who said Kavita Rao can't be on the main island? The UN security council visited thus humans can be there if granted special privileges. So kavita can be there if she wanted to.

Emma on the other hand could be there but in character she doesn't want to be there because she finds it boring

Also 100 pages. This is definitely the best issue of the bunch
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-21-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It is an isolationist stance most certainly. But that is, as of this early stage in the establishment of this Society, an absolute necessity.
    The same way Wakanda was, Latveria is...it's to protect their own. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, now. The problem will arise when certain malcontent factions get antsy and uppity and decide to take it a few steps further and start overtly attacking other nations...just because they think they can and should.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's a comic book forum. Don't be so pressed.
    I do agree one hundred percent with everything Ororo101 has said recently and absolutely LOVE HoX and PoX absolutely...you may find that "disturbing" and "creepy" but that's ALL on you and has absolutely nothing to do with me or others who of a similar mindset
    I know it's difficult but...readers need to learn how to be objective and stop projecting their personal issues onto others. Because truly speaking...THAT is disturbing and creepy.
    That sounds more like what you're doing than I am.
    Because I'm not projecting, I'm looking at what's presented to me, and it's effing weird.

Extraordinary Member

This is insane.

Some of you are defending Sabertooth by saying that, no, it's OK, humans did that to him. No, they didn't, Sabertooth was just a bad person.

Many of the people shown are just bad people and you bet your ass they wouldn't have shown up if they thought they couldn't get away with ****.