Page 29 of 218 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by super-turtle View Post
    Yeah, I think Remender has two writing styles: 1) actually write a decent story and 2) poorly write what he THINKS the target audience wants and insert his own ridiculous characterizations of bland characters and call it a day. I think the FalCap book was just Marvel trying to push it out as fast as they could because of Axis.
    Definitely. FalCap as a whole has been rushed into an event and two ongoings within a week of his debut. Poor handling imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Yeah, Spencer hinted around about it when Daisy went looking for him but then nothing happened. Maybe that's about the time they came up with the idea of him being the "Man on the Wall"...
    If that's the case, Mockingbird might become involved soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by super-turtle View Post
    Oh yeah, that makes sense because it's just before Original Sin. On another note I wonder what this week's All New Invaders will be about. I guess Bucky's not gonna be in it much longer now that he's got his own series, hopefully he will.
    I dropped Invaders after, like, the second issue. I think I would rather Bucky not be in a team book unless it's something like Secret Avengers. Those super hero books don't fit the character, imo. Maybe that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    If that's the case, Mockingbird might become involved soon as well.
    Dude, I hope so! I want to see how buffed she is after Fury gave her that serum. Also, she's probably still messed up in the head...

I want to see a Winter Soldier/Silver Sable team-up...
    ss.JPG
    Last edited by Winterboy; 11-25-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I want to see a Winter Soldier/Silver Sable team-up...
    ss.JPG
    She's hot. Gotta love those coats w/the furry collars...

From Black Widow #8:

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I dropped Invaders after, like, the second issue. I think I would rather Bucky not be in a team book unless it's something like Secret Avengers. Those super hero books don't fit the character, imo. Maybe that's just me...
    Did you also have the same problem when he was in New Avengers? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Ivy View Post
    I know I did. He was written piss poorly when he was on New Avengers.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I know I did. He was written piss poorly when he was on New Avengers.
    Not disagreeing with you there, it was more aimed at the super hero part of their reply than the quality of writing as both Invaders and NA have shoddy writing at best when it comes to James!

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I'd like to enjoy the new Winter Soldier book, but I'm not sure the current approach is the best fit for the character. Anyone else agree?

Also, I like the long hair better.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I'd like to enjoy the new Winter Soldier book, but I'm not sure the current approach is the best fit for the character. Anyone else agree?
    Same here. I want to see the movie Winter Soldier. Leave the "space stuff" for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Michael Lark did a very cool short haired WS...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I think espionage elements can still apply to a Winter Soldier book regardless of where he is in the galaxy, but I can see your point. I'm glad they did something different.

Short hair's more practical. Better for H2H fighting. Though his long hair is more unique.

But then again I'm also in the department that thinks domino mask > face mask and goggles

I'm glad they did something different too. As a character he shouldn't be pigeonholed into one kind of story.

Also long hair looks better. More interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Ivy View Post
    I didn't read New Avengers...

It's different, but I'm not against it. So far it's at least been interesting and I'm kinda just happy to have a WS ongoing again...