Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Cyclops killed Xavier last time they interacted.
    We all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    She is like Absorbing Man but without the need to be touching things. She is not as strong perhaps but she is probably one of the best tanks that mutants have.
    Her powers are unreliable and unpredictable. All it really amounts to is different forms of durability and super strength, which Monet beats her at in almost every sense

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Havok said this...

which meant that we don't know if the new X-Force is a murder squad like Yost's and Remender's. We already called out Beast for his actions post-Schism.
    just saw this but thank you. Someone gets it

I very much enjoyed this issue and am enjoying the responses here as always. Slowly making may way through -- hope it's cool to respond to some stuff from the first several pages even if discourse might be in a totally different phase by now, haha

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    Karima is a plant by Xavier. The clue was there. Someone on Orchis alerted the X-men.
    Moira IX knew what Karima could become. It means Moira X, if smart, would have got to Karima first, eg our Karima. She's deep undercover for now.
    I'm not sure that amounts to a clue -- the X-Men's advantage is fully explained by Moira X, and Mystique stealing those plans. I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be the whole fun of the humans not knowing who tipped them off: that we do know, and the answer is more fantastical than they could guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Meh to this whole issue.

Also, I swear to god, somebody needs to tell these writers stop with the 'Mutant name' shit.

It's so god damn pretentious, patronizing and disingenuous.
    I so disagree -- for me this is one of the most exciting parts of what Hickman is doing! The rejection of the notion that you're stuck with what you were born with / what your parents' chose for you, free to create an identity of your own, really resonates for me. I liked it better when Sophie brought it up herself than Emma reminding them, but I still love the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I am not sure how Cyclops "chose" his team for this particular mission...other than Hickman wanting to use these characters. But I would like to see an in-story reason why next issue.
    In classic heist movie form, it's usually way more fun to have a good bit of the plan revealed to the audience through action as it's being carried out, rather than exposition up front. Some of the character choices probably don't need on-panel explanation anyway, but I imagine there will be some fun eventualities they've planned for. And we've already seen Kurt get a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    We get to know the Orchis and realize their motivations are nobles though misguided. The X-men do appear as supremacist intending to wipe human race. And that's an interesting and refreshing take. We get to understand what fear can create and I don't think the purpose is to show X-men are in the right. My guess is will get a soft reboot of the X(Marvel) Universe with Moira XI.
    I see it pretty differently. All the X-Men have done is claimed their own nation and culture separate from humans, and even given humanity peace offerings. We can definitely understand the humans being intimidated by their power, but having their psychology track believably and based on objective observations isn't the same as their ideology being morally sound. The real world psychology this reminds me most of is people looking at growing ethnic and cultural diversity in the US, UK etc. and taking it as an assault on their own cultural / ethnic identity, and becoming radicalized. White nationalists are pretty abhorrent; even if their ideology is based on something true like "there are growing numbers of non-white demographics in the US", it's a morally twisted response to a morally neutral fact. And if white nationalists ever built an orbital space station to eradicate all the others, yes, that would be bad, even if we could understand how they psychologically got to that point.

Mutants are making bold strides and it's totally cool (and very likely part of the point) that every reader won't agree with everything they're doing, and wondering if they might agree more with Orchis. But that kind of provocation isn't something to run from, and I don't think Hickman and company plan to in the foreseeable future, so I definitely don't think the X-Men have reached villainous territory in need of a reboot, soft or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You have an issue for that bc I cant recall. I dont remember them in Whedon's run so it might have been Fraction. His other point remains though in that they were basically cursing Emma out last time they spoke so their current relationship is jarring
    Looking at my sources it appears to have been Warsong. And I agree they haven't been on the best terms, but the same could be said of absolutely everyone in the Hickman-verse where everyone is OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Looking at my sources it appears to have been Warsong. And I agree they haven't been on the best terms, but the same could be said of absolutely everyone in the Hickman-verse where everyone is OOC.
    true and that was my biggest issue going into this and wished there was a Prime issue to set the stage for the relationships and status quo but I supposed leaving that out was intentional to keep things vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You have an issue for that bc I cant recall. I dont remember them in Whedon's run so it might have been Fraction. His other point remains though in that they were basically cursing Emma out last time they spoke so their current relationship is jarring
    that has been my problem with x-men comics lately, most of relationships just get to jump around instead of developing. Emma and Cuckoos hasn't been in good terms for a long time

They called her mom ironically during Bendis run. I think it was the same here, since it came just after she told them to use mutant names.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    that has been my problem with x-men comics lately, most of relationships just get to jump around instead of developing. Emma and Cuckoos hasn't been in good terms for a long time
    Ya'll are really taking this whole "mum" business way too seriously. It's not like Emma and the cuckoos were hugging it out and singing kumbaya. At best it was Hickman simply acknowledging the familial relationship between Emma and her daughters but that doesn't mean they're going to become the best mother daughter relationship EVAR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yes. They were famously antagonistic to each other in Bendis’ X-Men. Don’t forget IvX where, instead of teaming up with Emma and taking down the NuHumans, they attempted to shut her brain down. Oh and in the Jeen solo where the Cuckoos were jumping over each other to kill Emma because they haven’t been on good terms.

They were neither in good nor in bad terms. They helped her during Death of X and Inhumans vs X-Men and then distanced herself from them. After that they followed separate lives but nothing seems to indicate animosity between them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yes. They were famously antagonistic to each other in Bendis’ X-Men. Don’t forget IvX where, instead of teaming up with Emma and taking down the NuHumans, they attempted to shut her brain down. Oh and in the Jeen solo where the Cuckoos were jumping over each other to kill Emma because they haven’t been on good terms.
    Yeah but...everybody is on good terms with each other in this run I mean Mystique is on Cyclop's team to save the mutant race.

They were neither in good nor in bad terms. They helped her during Death of X and Inhumans vs X-Men and then distanced herself from them. After that they followed separate lives but nothing seems to indicate animosity between them.
    That is not what was on page, they weren't friendly and there was animosity

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ya'll are really taking this whole "mum" business way too seriously. It's not like Emma and the cuckoos were hugging it out and singing kumbaya. At best it was Hickman simply acknowledging the familial relationship between Emma and her daughters but that doesn't mean they're going to become the best mother daughter relationship EVAR!!!
    ok then

Yeah but...everybody is on good terms with each other in this run I mean Mystique is on Cyclop's team to save the mutant race.
    -So Raven, if you help us you will have diplomatic immunity and practically impunity to do what you want as long as you occasionally do missions for us
    -Where do I have to sign?

BANNED

Only Emma's issue matter. You know why?
    Hickman: I'm Emmafan.

Astonishing Member

-So Raven, if you help us you will have diplomatic immunity and practically impunity to do what you want as long as you occasionally do missions for us
    -Where do I have to sign?
    I think it's more so

Mystique: Bring back Destiny and you've got a deal.

Xavier: Ok.

This was their last interaction. You dont see the animosity? The felt used and betrayed by Emma due to the events of DoX and IvX and their relationship with her was broken to the point where they didnt want anything to do with her