Page 72 of 145 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2163

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    From Trinity Crisis (minor spoilers)
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ERyy0Zmyzf...fcMvpo5g=s1600
    I love seeing John and Jefferson together in a big event! Finally Cyborg isn’t the go to token lol. Bet Hal fans won’t be happy with that last part though since they’re used to the opposite happening spoilers:
    Hal leading the Lanterns
    end of spoilers

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I love seeing John and Jefferson together in a big event! Finally Cyborg isn’t the go to token lol. Bet Hal fans won’t be happy with that last part though since they’re used to the opposite happening spoilers:
    Hal leading the Lanterns
    end of spoilers
    They probably don't care since he hasn't been used at all since Snyder's run started.

I'm very curious where the GL franchise is going next because its obvious DC has no idea what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Hal leading the Lanterns
    end of spoilers
    To be honest, I'm fine with a break from that after Venditti did it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They probably don't care since he hasn't been used at all since Snyder's run started.

I'm very curious where the GL franchise is going next because its obvious DC has no idea what to do with them.
    The DCAU drew inspiration from Star Trek when it handled both the Green Lantern Corp and Justice League Unlimited-- From matching Green Lantern uniforms, to episodes a groups within the larger roster, to Booster Gold saying "energize" while using the JLU teleporter pad...

Probably a good idea for future GL writers to look to Star Trek again for future stories.

I remember Van Jensen saying he drew from the 80s Larry Hama GI Joe books...

BANNED

Great to see John involved in leadership and decision-making.

I would say John has been used, but only in the first arc. Whether his portrayal was satisfiable or not is debatable. I feel like John in Scott Snyder's run had unfinished plans and broken promises. If anything, Robert Venditti used John. I'm hoping John would have a good focus in the next issue. But then again, Tynion is writing the Multiversity issue, which makes me a little nervous.

I've seen some complaints about Hal not being in the JL and hoping he comes back

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I have seen more check off white and in some cases they check something else and SOMEONE eles changed it to white.
    Interesting analysis, I didn't know that. I wonder whether some of them do that because they believe it or believe they have a higher chance of getting hired, because they're checking off white. I can't really say anything, though, since I'm ignorant in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    The DCAU drew inspiration from Star Trek when it handled both the Green Lantern Corp and Justice League Unlimited-- From matching Green Lantern uniforms, to episodes a groups within the larger roster, to Booster Gold saying "energize" while using the JLU teleporter pad...
    The GL's having matching uniforms is from the comics, though.

I mean, they might have wanted it to evoke Star Trek but they didn't really handle the group any differently than the comics did.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Jen Bartel drawing John

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Interesting analysis, I didn't know that. I wonder whether some of them do that because they believe it or believe they have a higher chance of getting hired, because they're checking off white. I can't really say anything, though, since I'm ignorant in that area.
    It has to do with ignorance on race and history. Many American born Latinos don’t know the history of the countries their ancestry comes from and so do not know about all the admixture (European + Native + African). Basically many see themselves as their own race but when not given the choice to identify as Latino, they choose White since its next closest one (closer than Asian, Black, Islander and Native (they think it only refers to US Native)). I think that in the future, if Latino doesn’t become its own racial category then the vast majority will start identifying as White (like the Jews, Italians, Irish did), though you’ll still have like 1/3 of them identifying as Other/Multiracial. The 2020 census results should be interesting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The GL's having matching uniforms is from the comics, though.

I mean, they might have wanted it to evoke Star Trek but they didn't really handle the group any differently than the comics did.
    They have standardized uniforms in the comics like this?

Guy Gardner alone disproves that.

JLU's episodes dedicated to smaller groups within the larger group was Star Trek TNG -esque. They also seem to have been inspired by Joss Whedon's shows, having Buffy-like episodes like the one where WW gets turned into a pig and Batman saves the day with his singing. They also cast a lot of actors from the Whedon show Firefly.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-10-2020 at 05:24 AM.

JLU's episodes dedicated to smaller groups within the larger group was Star Trek TNG -esque. They also seem to have been inspired by Joss Whedon's shows, having Buffy like episodes like the one where WW gets turned into a pig and Batman saves the day with his singing. They also cast a lot of actors from the Whedon show Firefly.
    I mean yeah in the comics they tend to have a standard uniform as an organization, especially for new recruits. However from what we have seen you are allowed to alter it as many lanterns have done before, not just the human ones, to their needs or specifications. I mean I remember one lantern who has a cape.

Look at these images where they mostly look the same but some have some personal touches

25B50B12-65DD-4F26-AB5B-4815CD59E646.jpg

3D95F5DD-0F8F-4B2E-9405-984465177AA5.jpg

EAF2863E-BC37-4BF9-80C1-D88637072342.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-10-2020 at 05:30 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Jen Bartel drawing John

The art is good. And someone finally drew John young.

JLU's episodes dedicated to smaller groups within the larger group was Star Trek TNG -esque. They also seem to have been inspired by Joss Whedon's shows, having Buffy-like episodes like the one where WW gets turned into a pig and Batman saves the day with his singing. They also cast a lot of actors from the Whedon show Firefly.
    Pretty much. Guy styling his uniform differently is supposed to be a character point.

I thought we were just talking about the GL's....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean yeah in the comics they tend to have a standard uniform as an organization, especially for new recruits. However from what we have seen you are allowed to alter it as many lanterns have done before, not just the human ones, to their needs or specifications. I mean I remember one lantern who has a cape.

Look at these images where they mostly look the same but some have some personal touches

25B50B12-65DD-4F26-AB5B-4815CD59E646.jpg

3D95F5DD-0F8F-4B2E-9405-984465177AA5.jpg

EAF2863E-BC37-4BF9-80C1-D88637072342.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pretty much. Guy styling his uniform differently is supposed to be a character point.

I thought we were just talking about the GL's....

I was not talking about the comics directly. The gist of what I said was the DCAU Green Lantern interpretation was influenced by Star Trek and that if writers don't know what to do with the GL franchise in comics, they can also look to Star Trek as an influence. A new GL writer can base Green Lantern stories off of pretty much anything revolving policing or the military, from Serpico to World War films. At least one comic book writer admitted to being influenced by GI Joe stories from the 80s.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-10-2020 at 12:34 PM.