Page 438 of 555 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the thing which took her by surprise were the Scorpions..
    D1fgLlOXQAIEkHS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bleh, they are as effective as the two idiots want them to be

aka going 3/3 nailing a dragon from miles away on a damn boat or going 0/50 missing drogon.

In all actuallity, Dany shows up at night and burns everything to the ground... cna't shoot what you can't see.

But, only thing that can counter a teleporting armada with perfect accuracy is better writing lol
    THANK YOU!!!!..... I mean really.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Kinda like most theories

Fanfiction boredom because GRRM won't finish a book
    We'll see Winds of Winter, I'm certain. I don't read the books but I'm intrigued by what GRRM take on the long night is.

Bleh, they are as effective as the two idiots want them to be

aka going 3/3 nailing a dragon from miles away on a damn boat or going 0/50 missing drogon.

In all actuallity, Dany shows up at night and burns everything to the ground... cna't shoot what you can't see.

But, only thing that can counter a teleporting armada with perfect accuracy is better writing lol
    It was a bit of a stretch to justify the scorpions being as much of a threat as they needed to be. But something was needed to lessen the threat of the dragons. I think in the books there's some sort of dragon horn. Maybe that would have worked better. Don't read the books so I'm not sure what that actually does.

It was a bit of a stretch to justify the scorpions being as much of a threat as they needed to be. But something was needed to lessen the threat of the dragons. I think in the books there's some sort of dragon horn. Maybe that would have worked better. Don't read the books so I'm not sure what that actually does.
    Book readers don't either, from what I gather from the wiki it might not mean anything. Book readers more than TV viewers tends to over speculate about things. The horn is also supposed to be able to take down the walls too. Unless that's a different horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    We'll see Winds of Winter, I'm certain. I don't read the books but I'm intrigued by what GRRM take on the long night is.
    Imo if they were going to be through with it in one day the TV show should have went the 30 Days of Night route. I think that would have been a cooler way to depict it imo.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Book readers don't either, from what I gather from the wiki it might not mean anything. Book readers more than TV viewers tends to over speculate about things. The horn is also supposed to be able to take down the walls too. Unless that's a different horn.
    Different horn, yes.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Rumor has it that Jon kills someone important for Dani on the beach of Dragonstone. Wonder who could that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Rumor has it that Jon kills someone important for Dani on the beach of Dragonstone. Wonder who could that be?
    It's hard to imagine Jon killing anyone on their side at the moment. If I had to make a guess, I'd say Varys. Maybe he tries to convince Jon to betray Dany and he kill him. That's pretty darn ruthless though.

It's hard to imagine Jon killing anyone on their side at the moment. If I had to make a guess, I'd say Varys. Maybe he tries to convince Jon to betray Dany and he kill him. That's pretty darn ruthless though.
    You're not wrong about it being Ruthless. But it's not beneath him. He probably see it as treason.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Saw a video on YouTube that theorizes Dany has more dragons. This is based largely on the last scene of the preview: Euron standing on his ship, shading his eyes and looking in the distance with a shocked look on his face while a dragon cry is heard in the background.

The theory is that one of the dragons laid eggs back in Essos, and Dany has been keeping her "grandchildren" a secret. Presumably she would have sent word to Daario to bring them over, after losing Viserion.

I don't know about that... but I do wonder what dragon-related thing could scare a crazy psycho like Euron at this point? Drogon is already a known factor.

The same video also speculates that Dany could be using some unforseen tactic with Drogon, like flying up above the reach of the scorpions and then diving straight down on King's Landing inside their range of fire. Or that Drogon has been armored and is now immune to the scorpions... but that last one is dumb. What the hell kind of armor would be stronger than dragon scales? Valyrian steel, maybe, but where would they find that much of it?

Anyway... I'm not sure I buy any of those theories except maybe the second one (which the defenders should have thought of unless they're complete idiots). But the question of what's eating Euron Greyjoy in that scene is an interesting one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Saw a video on YouTube that theorizes Dany has more dragons. This is based largely on the last scene of the preview: Euron standing on his ship, shading his eyes and looking in the distance with a shocked look on his face while a dragon cry is heard in the background.

The theory is that one of the dragons laid eggs back in Essos, and Dany has been keeping her "grandchildren" a secret. Presumably she would have sent word to Daario to bring them over, after losing Viserion.

I don't know about that... but I do wonder what dragon-related thing could scare a crazy psycho like Euron at this point? Drogon is already a known factor.

The same video also speculates that Dany could be using some unforseen tactic with Drogon, like flying up above the reach of the scorpions and then diving straight down on King's Landing inside their range of fire. Or that Drogon has been armored and is now immune to the scorpions... but that last one is dumb. What the hell kind of armor would be stronger than dragon scales? Valyrian steel, maybe, but where would they find that much of it?

Anyway... I'm not sure I buy any of those theories except maybe the second one (which the defenders should have thought of unless they're complete idiots). But the question of what's eating Euron Greyjoy in that scene is an interesting one.
    The show is way overhyping the power of scorpions, which were pretty common in antiquity but hardly some kind of war winning superweapon, even in a world without dragons. Okay sure, it's a fantasy world and we shouldn't be fixated on realism, but a giant crossbow really doesn't have the cool factor to warrant such a departure from basic physics, and it's annoying that the thing that we are supposed to be terrified of for the heroes' safety in the last couple episode is a relatively simple mechanical device that people have known how to build for thousands of years in the real world. At the very least, reveal that Cersei has discovered the secret to making gunpowder or whatever, that might make for some better shock value, although cannons were pretty common by the time Europe had attained the level of technological development we see in Westeros.

It might be cool if Dany comes up with some sort of counter to the Scorpions, but honestly it doesn't take much. Really, the Scorpions were as effective as they were because he took Dany by surprise. They only work if they're ready for it and she's not. If she were to take them by surprise, she could probably take out at least a ship or two before enough scorprions were ready to present a legitimate threat to her. It may not be that simple because I DO think they want to present the scorpions as a legitimate threat for the sake of drama... but it's not the hardest work around in the world.

Fantastic Member

These 'theories' are getting ridiculous. I love it when people create fan-fiction out of something glimpsed for half a second. Like the imaginary scene people created in their minds where Jon Snow distracted the ice dragon and yelled "Go! Go!" to an invisible Arya as she was sneaking into the woods to kill the Night King. I watched the episode 3 times and still can't figure out why people think that actually happened.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-10-2019 at 04:21 AM.

There is a better chance Ghost and whatever the other wolf out nowhere with a pack of direwolves than an army of dragons lol

aka zero % chance both ways
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html