Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The Adventures of Big Brother Dick!

There are many young heroes emerging all over the world, but not all of them have a supportive big brother to be a positive influence on them. And so, Dick Grayson, the former first Robin, part-time Nightwing, and older Brother to a bevy of Bat Kids is determined to the big brother to these new heroes! With the support of his fiance, Starfire, and his youngest brother Damian, the trio set out to mentor and guide these new heroes, many of them metahumans. What sort of adventures will these three be on?

Stay tuned next week, same Nightwing time, same Nightwing channel!
    I like this idea. It could be like "Ric Whatever's Skool For Kids Who Can't Fight Crime Good." The original mission of the Teen Titans was gifted teens helping not-so-gifted teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    First of all, i would drop the s--- out of Nighwing if they brought in larger DCU. Look at Daredevil, you can be very succesful as being Batman lite. A character trained by Batman will ofcourse be Batman lite. What you want is nonsense, go back to your New Teen Titans grandpa or something. lol Nightwing should be street level in his own side of the world, time to time interacting and teaming up with Batman. That's it.
    Oh my feels... Fine have your batman lite I dont care anymore. I know im right when you attack me and not my arguments thanks. I dont care much for the titans also but I'll take dick be out in the world over living under daddy being batman sideb***h. daredevil works because he's not in the same universe and batmans sidekick. But like I've said im done caring about the nightwing book they can go ahead and cancel i dont care. I'll just get my nightwing from other media like YJ and titans. Comics nightwing can go kick rocks. So go and enjoy your ric the taxi driver.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I like this idea. It could be like "Ric Whatever's Skool For Kids Who Can't Fight Crime Good." The original mission of the Teen Titans was gifted teens helping not-so-gifted teams.
    I want fun adventures sometimes from DC. Really only getting that with Super Sons and Teen Titans right now. Others are okay, but more and more, they're turning into existential crises to one degree or another. And little else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Oh my feels... Fine have your batman lite I dont care anymore. I know im right when you attack me and not my arguments thanks. I dont care much for the titans also but I'll take dick be out in the world over living under daddy being batman sideb***h. daredevil works because he's not in the same universe and batmans sidekick. But like I've said im done caring about the nightwing book they can go ahead and cancel i dont care. I'll just get my nightwing from other media like YJ and titans. Comics nightwing can go kick rocks. So go and enjoy your ric the taxi driver.
    I don't attack you, everyone here is offended so easly... jeez... If they give a good writter to Nightwing, he can be as successful as Daredevil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I want fun adventures sometimes from DC. Really only getting that with Super Sons and Teen Titans right now. Others are okay, but more and more, they're turning into existential crises to one degree or another. And little else.
    Everybody gets a turn at amnesia at DC. Bruce, Dick, Aquaman, who's next? It'll be curious when Superman's turn at amnesia comes up. Must be contagious.

I don't attack you, everyone here is offended so easly... jeez... If they give a good writter to Nightwing, he can be as successful as Daredevil.
    Can he really succeed being a Daredevil or Batman-lite character? It feels like we've seen this again and again and it hasn't really worked. The biggest knock against him is that most of his stories are just poor versions of stories those heroes have done before. Even now people thought this Ric story was going to be Dick's "Born Again" story and it wasn't. It was just a bad knockoff of Batman's Superheavy story. I don't think there is really anything that Nightwing can offer in these kind of stories that Batman, Spider-man or Daredevil haven't already done and done better.

Sure, a good wwriter can make most situations work, but what Nightiwing is doesn't really attract top tier writers. No one out there is jumping at the chance to write some street level story in Bludhaven.

Oh yeah in so offended. As successful daredevil? Sad. A good writer to do what? Have everything thrown out when they leave.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 11-29-2018 at 04:02 AM.

But the thing is Nightwing has developed into a character who’s life can change drastically because of a DC event or Batman event thus invalidating any Spider-Man/Daredevil comparison since they are rarely served impacted by things outside their comic. Then you add the fact he is dealing with Batman villain or has his villains when he was Batman stay with Bruce + reality warps taking away his time as Batman. Street level doesn’t work because when going outside Comics Nightwing is mostly 2nd in Command essentially as an adult Robin and Titans TV would be the first time Nightwing is featured with the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Can he really succeed being a Daredevil or Batman-lite character? It feels like we've seen this again and again and it hasn't really worked. The biggest knock against him is that most of his stories are just poor versions of stories those heroes have done before. Even now people thought this Ric story was going to be Dick's "Born Again" story and it wasn't. It was just a bad knockoff of Batman's Superheavy story. I don't think there is really anything that Nightwing can offer in these kind of stories that Batman, Spider-man or Daredevil haven't already done and done better.

Sure, a good wwriter can make most situations work, but what Nightiwing is doesn't really attract top tier writers. No one out there is jumping at the chance to write some street level story in Bludhaven.
    A bad writer can make our superspy or member of the JSA stories suck as well. No concept is immune to being screwed up. As far as being batman/daredevil "lite" goes, I think that is stilted language. "Does he work as a worse version of this character" isn't the question. No one works as a worse version of a preexisting character. The question is whether he works within that archetype. Does the character of Dick Grayson conceptually work as a street level vigilante? I would say the answer to that question is yes. Dark Mirror was a Dick Grayson story first, a Batman story second. If you removed the Batman suit and put him in a Nightwing costume, the story is just as good. If he worked as Batman, he works as a street level vigilante. The concept isn't broken or a non-starter, its just been poorly executed quite a bit. Not saying this is even my preference, but Dick defending a city is a concept that can work.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Oh yeah in so offended. As successful daredevil? Sad. A good writer to do what? Have everything thrown out when they leave.
    This is universally true of every direction, so I'm not even sure its worth bringing up in response to someone saying "Hey, if done well this direction could work." If this is the response to every idea, lets just shut down the thread and stop talking about cool things we'd love to see our favorite character be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Can he really succeed being a Daredevil or Batman-lite character
    Well, he is successful in that archetype. Nightwing's sales aren't mind blowing but they're reliably consistent and stable. So, yeah, he can be successful as "Bat-lite."

The real question is if he can be more successful in a new direction. Which I firmly believe he can be.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    But the thing is Nightwing has developed into a character who’s life can change drastically because of a DC event or Batman event thus invalidating any Spider-Man/Daredevil comparison since they are rarely served impacted by things outside their comic. Then you add the fact he is dealing with Batman villain or has his villains when he was Batman stay with Bruce + reality warps taking away his time as Batman. Street level doesn’t work because when going outside Comics Nightwing is mostly 2nd in Command essentially as an adult Robin and Titans TV would be the first time Nightwing is featured with the Titans.
    Street Level works very fine. My first introduction to Nightwing was Chuck Dixon run and it was good as a Street Level Nightwing, that's Nightwing to me. I won't except anyother direction and drop the book. Only thing i can wish for him is to have the same priviligas as Daredevil. Not to be used in events and written decent in his corner of the world. That's all Nightwing needs.

First of all, i would drop the s--- out of Nighwing if they brought in larger DCU. Look at Daredevil, you can be very succesful as being Batman lite. A character trained by Batman will ofcourse be Batman lite. What you want is nonsense, go back to your New Teen Titans grandpa or something. lol Nightwing should be street level in his own side of the world, time to time interacting and teaming up with Batman. That's it.
    That's a painfully limited view of what Dick Grayson is. Offended? No one is offended, but you're view is small. "Street level?" That barely captures half of Dick's history. The other half he spent fighting aliens and traveling through time. And not just with the Titans, but with Bruce (back when Bruce did stuff like that in his own books) and Superman.

Why should such a large part of the character's history be ignored? Especially when that history saw some of the highest points in popularity for the character?

Dick's definitely got one foot in "street level" and he's always going to be part of the Bat family, but his other foot is firmly planted in much wider genres. If that's how you like him, cool, you do you. But the character has a much deeper, richer history than *just* that one single aspect. DC might be foolish enough to ignore that and think they're making the right call...and for whoever likes Dick as just a copy of Bruce, good for them....but considering how wrong headed DC is about the character, I wouldn't say they're correct in their assumption that "street level" is the best answer.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-29-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's a painfully limited view of what Dick Grayson is. Offended? No one is offended, but you're view is small. "Street level?" That barely captures half of Dick's history. The other half he spent fighting aliens and traveling through time. And not just with the Titans, but with Bruce (back when Bruce did stuff like that in his own books) and Superman.

Why should such a large part of the character's history be ignored? Especially when that history saw some of the highest points in popularity for the character?

Dick's definitely got one foot in "street level" and he's always going to be part of the Bat family, but his other foot is firmly planted in much wider genres. If that's how you like him, cool, you do you. But the character has a much deeper, richer history than *just* that one single aspect. DC might be foolish enough to ignore that and think they're making the right call...and for whoever likes Dick as just a copy of Bruce, good for them....but considering how wrong headed DC is about the character, I wouldn't say they're correct in their assumption that "street level" is the best answer.
    Dick should be telling the Justice League what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Dick should be telling the Justice League what to do.
    I mean, maybe lets not get carried away here...

Dick should just be able to operate without the Justice League judging him as people without mistakes of their own. He doesn’t or will never save the world because the JLA are the pantheon. It would be nice if they left all Titans out of events because we already know their story is to be the first defeated and slaughtered.