Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM 73 full

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    spoilers:
    ASM #545 retroactively made Norman's deal with Mephisto happen. From the "minor change" of erasing the marriage, Peter and MJ allowed Mephisto to interfere with the timeline and it snowballed into this.
    end of spoilers
    Y'know, I think that in the end, that was a whole bunch of Quesada flapping his gums that never mattered. He was trying to do damage control that the 'deal never happened' because let's face it, keeping one of Marvel's most famous heroes having made a literal deal with the devil is, as the kids says, A BAD LOOK. A real bad look, you might argue. So the easiest way to try to handwave that away was that "there was no deal anymore" to try to pretend Spidey didn't make a deal with the devil.

If that was true, Mephisto'd have no way to know when he first showed up again in Spider-Man/Deadpool; and if Norman's own deal made OMD stick, that's even more of a head scratcher, because since it took place BEFORE, then the deal couldn't ever not have happened - it'd legitimize it all along. I say that because stuff has gotten so messy, I don't doubt Marvel might try to play this card.

All it'd have took was a single sentence: "we admit it, One More Day was a real bad idea", but I digress.

That also leaves an elephant in the room, though: Spencer's using MJ seeing a therapist. MJ saw a therapist because she lost baby May. So... was MJ pregnant during the Clone Saga or not? Because Quesada liked saying they wouldn't conceive unless married, but much like "the deal never happened" that wasn't really stated in comic pages. Only in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Yeah... thing is, though, he could blame Pete and MJ, if that's the case, for what happened to him... he can't blame them for his choices in what he did as Kindred. The killing, the torturing... those are all on him. In a sense, that's classic Harry, blaming others but not himself.
    For sure. Although being literally damned would do that to someone I guess.

There's still the matter of Norman being not-evil with one issue left. I believe a good old self sacrifice is coming. spoilers:
    His soul in exchange for Harry's.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    If that was true, Mephisto'd have no way to know when he first showed up again in Spider-Man/Deadpool; and if Norman's own deal made OMD stick, that's even more of a head scratcher, because since it took place BEFORE, then the deal couldn't ever not have happened - it'd legitimize it all along. I say that because stuff has gotten so messy, I don't doubt Marvel might try to play this card.

All it'd have took was a single sentence: "we admit it, One More Day was a real bad idea", but I digress.
    No, no, you're looking at it the other way around. You need to think time travel-y (it's the only convoluted device left unused in this story). OMD made it so Mephisto reached out to Norman. Before OMD, everything happened as per the Lee/Ditko issues.

I do agree with your last sentence though. Or maybe a 5-issue arc, tops.
    Last edited by Webhead; 09-08-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    For sure. Although being literally damned would do that to someone I guess.

There's still the matter of Norman being not-evil with one issue left. I believe a good old self sacrifice is coming. spoilers:
    His soul in exchange for Harry's.
    end of spoilers
    you might be right besides there is someone walking around who is Harry with Carlie if its a soul for a soul does Harry come back to life ?

Amazing Member

So who or what is kindred exactly? Like I am confusef

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSJG View Post
    So who or what is kindred exactly? Like I am confusef
    It's, complicated bleedingcool has a great article that explains it all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I ship it.

Guess now that’s left is the big fight between kindred and Spider-Man I saw some of it and own a page from the issue already a ass kicking is coming From not one but two kindreds .

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    Guess now that’s left is the big fight between kindred and Spider-Man I saw some of it and own a page from the issue already a ass kicking is coming From not one but two kindreds .
    Can you link it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    Hopefully, then, Peter gives them a receipt in kind… or Harry, in kind, you know what I mean.

Well, I guess Peter could've avoided all of Kindred's mind games if he had this conversation during Clone Conspiracy:

PETER: "So, um, Gwen...I saw your kids. And I just want to say, I'm sorry I wasn't there for them...
    GWEN: Kids? What kids?
    PETER: You know? Gabriel and Sarah? The one's you gave birth to when you went away to Paris?
    GWEN: Peter...I was never pregnant. Besides, you and I never got around to...you know? Share a toothbrush?
    PETER: Oh, I know that. And it's okay. I know Norman Osborn is the father.
    GWEN: Hold on? You think I had sex with Mr. Osborn, got pregnant, and secretly gave birth to two of his kids?
    PETER: Well... technically, they're longer kids due to the Goblin Formula rapidly aging, so--
    GWEN: Oh, for God's sake, Peter! Has being Spider-Man really made you this #$&@ing stupid?!

Also, we should probably call Kindred SaraHarry from now on.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 09-08-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I think a lot of people aren't going to care about the mechanics behind the retcon (and they are so incredibly convoluted), just that Sins Past actually has been retconned.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's, complicated bleedingcool has a great article that explains it all
    Link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Can you link it
    Nah I promised not to share those to closer to the issue comes out i can get the artist and inkers in trouble

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSJG View Post
    Link please?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/kind...n-73-spoilers/

This runs through the current issue with the the older issues (SSM 200, Legacy of Evil, etc.) interwoven (read the image captions to follow along)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm