Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Cyber, Maverick, Doctor Cornelius, Ogun, Romulus, Daken, Lady Viper, Dog, etc.

He just has the same problem like most solo heroes where he has one-shot villains.
    There is the Silver Samurai too. Althought i'm pretty sure that Maverick wasn't a villain.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Iron Man has Mandarin, Stane Jr, Ultimo, Living Laser, Madame Masque, Whiplash, Titanium Man, Ghost, Fin Fang Foom, Crimson Dynamo, The Hammers and Alcohol.

That's a pretty good line up.

It's still Daredevil. He only has Purple Man and Bullseye.
    I'd throw in Typhoid Mary, The Hand, Kingpin(he belongs more to DD than Spidey now), Bullet, Elektra(depends on who's writing her).

BANNED

Kingpin appeared in a grand total of 18 Spider-Man comics before Frank Miller's run. The vast majority of his appearances in comics is in Daredevil.

Not only does Kingpin belong to Daredevil more than Spider-Man, he was never a Spider-Man villain of special significance to start with.

The issue in the Back in Black storyline where Peter demolishes Fisk illustrates why he was always probably a better fit as a Daredevil rogue in the first place.

Power-level is part of it, sure, but there's a more important reason why Fisk works perfectly as Daredevil's villain. Fisk is a mafia guy, sure, but he achieves such consistent success as a mafioso by knowing and manipulating every legal technicality and lever of political/economic power. Wilson Fisk is an evil lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Power-level is part of it, sure, but there's a more important reason why Fisk works perfectly as Daredevil's villain. Fisk is a mafia guy, sure, but he achieves such consistent success as a mafioso by knowing and manipulating every legal technicality and lever of political/economic power. Wilson Fisk is an evil lawyer.
    Well he probably has a whole team of lawyers lol

Cyber, Maverick, Doctor Cornelius, Ogun, Romulus, Daken, Lady Viper, Dog, etc.

He just has the same problem like most solo heroes where he has one-shot villains.
    There's a reason I didn't remember them. And there was Mr.X too....remember that guy?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Probably Dazzler. Out of solo characters who've had books long enough to have the opportunity to develop a rogues gallery anyway.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I like her evil sister, but yeah.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

People keep saying Iron Man instead of Moon Knight, New Warriors, Power Man and Iron Fist and the Defenders.

Attachment 94031
    Wut?

The Defenders had Elf With a Gun. That alone was awesome. But then they had The Headmen. Dormammu and Umar. Six Fingered Hand and Satan himself. And the best rogues, themselves.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    No one said Wolverine yet? After Sabretooth, Deathstrike, Omega Red there's.....nothing. I've been reading his solo comics forever and I can't even remember any of the villains..
    I'm late to the thread, otherwise I would have been the first to say Wolverine. The fact his so-called "arch nemesis" is one of the biggest losers & jobbers in comics today puts him in first place. lol

He's been overpowered & turned into such a Gary Stu that he has to make a mockery of anyone he fights. And that doesn't help him. A hero beating up on pushovers that everyone else & their baby sister has beaten up doesn't make him look strong or impressive.

Sabretooth was one of my favorites, but he's been dumbed down & jobbed out so bad, he doesn't even deserve that alias anymore. lol Which is why I always refer to him as Jobbertooth or Crud now. He doesn't deserve to be called anything else.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-03-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I'm late to the thread, otherwise I would have been the first to say Wolverine. The fact his so-called "arch nemesis" is one of the biggest losers & jobbers in comics today puts him in first place. lol

He's been overpowered & turned into such a Gary Stu that he has to make a mockery of anyone he fights. And that doesn't help him. A hero beating up on pushovers that everyone else & their baby sister has beaten up doesn't make him look strong or impressive.

Sabretooth was one of my favorites, but he's been dumbed down & jobbed out so bad, he doesn't even deserve that alias anymore. lol Which is why I always refer to him as Jobbertooth or Crud now. He doesn't deserve to be called anything else.
    Wolverine also jobs a lot though...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wolverine also jobs a lot though...
    Is 50/50, Logan has gone against some people that he has no business again on ocassions, but is not nearly as much as SilverFang implies.

For another side, the fact that Logan has a healing factor pretty much had lead to him being portrayed as less competent than he should be, really writers are pretty inconsistent with how strong or skilled he is supposed to be.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Most of Ant-Man/Wasp/Giant-Man villains have been written as weak for comedic reasons or jobbed out so much that they have little credibility. Characters like Whirlwind and the voice are potentially powerful with their abilities but are often easily defeated.

Falcon needs some solo villains if he is ever going to be more than just Captain America's former sidekick.

Iron Man has solid underrated villains that just aren't used much.

Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel) doesn't have a deep bench of villians and most of the ones she has she inherited or borrowed from other heroes.

Outside of Shang Chi's family his villains aren't that great. Razor Fist is just a dude with blades for hands.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 03-03-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Honestly it just takes one good writer who knows what they’re doing to make a lot of those duds into something credible. I’ve got a few ideas for Angar, the Unicorn, Superia, Blue Streak, the Exemplars, the Serpent Society, and many more.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com