Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Pre-judging a book when there's no book to pre-judge is irrational.
    Pre-judging and critiquing the actual characters as presented and as explained by the writer...that is well within one's prerogative.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    prejudging a book before reading it is not a rational stance. It's the behavior that many have criticized the so called "SJW" in conducting in the past and now that the exaggerated outrage is shared doesn't validate the irrational "critic"
    I never said it was a rational stance. From the infomation given about this book I'm not reading the thing. I'm not gonna say this is what will kill Marvel or those characters are a mockery because I'm not interested enough to find out if any of that will be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Their overall design/visual aesthetic was vomitous.
    Their backstories weren't well thought out and seriously lacked interest.
    Based on those two criteria alone, I judged them and found them desperately wanting.

(and that's before we get to their actual code names and the rationales behind them)
    Okay, Ronan
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I never said it was a rational stance. From the infomation given about this book I'm not reading the thing. I'm not gonna say this is what will kill Marvel or those characters are a mockery because I'm not interested enough to find out if any of that will be true.
    If Marvel goes under it won't be due to this book.

Did they not almost go bankrupt while flooding the market with X-Men & Spider-Man books at one point?

Also at least you took time to READ the information.

Some of these criers never made beyond the LOOK of them. Mainly the 3 POC. Which is what that group does.

Those 3 could take a HUGE backseat to the Warriors and they would STILL be throwing fits about those 3.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If Marvel goes under it won't be due to this book.

Did they not almost go bankrupt while flooding the market with X-Men & Spider-Man books at one point?

Also at least you took time to READ the information.

Some of these criers never made beyond the LOOK of them. Mainly the 3 POC. Which is what that group does.

Those 3 could take a HUGE backseat to the Warriors and they would STILL be throwing fits about those 3.
    It's literally how some of these guys pay their bills.

Ultimate Member

We still on this?

*looks*

Yup.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I'd like to just show up look back and say the first 25 issues of the new warriors was an epic and awesome run. Great characters cool designs but most of all interesting writing and a good mission. It was a long time ago but I really liked that team.
    I'd love to see them revived and evolve into something more than teen heroes and take part in the bigger universe.
    But I do appreciate everything from Dwayne dropping Richard off a building all the way through the sphinx changing the timeline and a few other things.
    I even think the ex-mutant thing with jubilee and the barnaby bohusk was pretty good as well.

I like the new warriors. I wish they could be more than a foot note but that would probably take a lot more than what marvel is willing or... maybe capable to offer.
    It was good though.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Pre-judging a book when there's no book to pre-judge is irrational.
    Pre-judging and critiquing the actual characters as presented and as explained by the writer...that is well within one's prerogative.
    While I have nothing against these characters upfront (save perhaps the costume colors/designs, which are a bit too dayglo and same-y for me), I do think it's okay to not like the sound of them from what's already available, even if it's mostly just a sentence or two on each.

As the saying goes, 'I don't have to eat the food to know I don't like the smell coming out of the kitchen.'

On the other hand, I also recognize that not every book in the world is for me, specifically. This might be somebody else's Young Avengers or Runaways. That's fine. Fans of stuff I don't get like NFL Superpro and Ambush Bug need love, too, I guess.

Thanks to the movies, it's not like Marvel's running on fumes and every title they greenlight is one step closer to the bankruptcy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously, Sutekh.
    There's a saying: Every stale bread has its moldy cheese, One man's trash...etc. etc. etc.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I never said it was uncommon, just that this book's announcement created a strong reaction from a bunch of whiners. (which yes, the internet is filled with)
    It's the same group of whiners that make a flood of anything they deem SJW. These very same people also make a flood of videos about Captain Marvel, the female Dr. Who, Ghostbusters 2016, Birds of Prey, Batwoman.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It's the same group of whiners that make a flood of anything they deem SJW. These very same people also make a flood of videos about Captain Marvel, the female Dr. Who, Ghostbusters 2016, Birds of Prey, Batwoman.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's literally how some of these guys pay their bills.
    Pretty much, and as ed2962 said, that's literally --- not just basically --- how they make money. Considering how it's led to a spate of online harassment campaigns against the targets of their venom, it's really disgusting to me how people like this profit off what is ultimately just peddling hate.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I'd like to just show up look back and say the first 25 issues of the new warriors was an epic and awesome run. Great characters cool designs but most of all interesting writing and a good mission. It was a long time ago but I really liked that team.
    Agreed. But in my case, I thought the first 50-issues were the best (as long as Nicieza continued writing, everything seemed fine).

I'd love to see them revived and evolve into something more than teen heroes and take part in the bigger universe.
    But I do appreciate everything from Dwayne dropping Richard off a building all the way through the sphinx changing the timeline and a few other things.
    Those moments you mentioned bring back a lot of memories, Midnight_v.

My favorite will always be when Rich Rider went back to being Nova (the original version, of course):

I like the new warriors. I wish they could be more than a foot note but that would probably take a lot more than what marvel is willing or... maybe capable to offer.
    It was good though.
    I agree with everything you said. Always felt the original NW had potential:

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-28-2020 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Made corrections.

Ultimate Member

Gosh, I really did prefer Namorita with the blue skin. I have no idea why. Her and Nova's banter always amused me. He was so into her (and himself!) showing off and talking himself up around her, and she was so not having it...

How did Screentime's grandfather make Internet gas? I thought senior citizens were technologically incompetent.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    How did Screentime's grandfather make Internet gas? I thought senior citizens were technologically incompetent.
    Maybe he helped Al Gore invent the Internet...