Page 43 of 149 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    -sets calendar- thanks

I'd normally be that dude who'd jump on a book if there's even the slightest mention that Ruby's on it, but in these times, I'd rather wait for someone in the forum to make a review and read several more replies first before buying. Never know how long the lock-down is gonna last... or how much hospital fees will actually cost.
    I was doing that alot last year and this year. If i read the review here and I didn't like I would not buy. That was 90% of the books.

Astonishing Member

Just curious, do you guys think Cyclops would be a better leader of the Xmen while single or with Jean/Emma/Maggie at his right hand?

I dont think it matters. He can be just as effective single or with a partner

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think it matters. He can be just as effective single or with a partner
    Has there ever been a time Cyke led the Xmen while single?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Has there ever been a time Cyke led the Xmen while single?
    The entirety of the X-face suit run.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The entirety of the X-face suit run.
    Fair enough but in that one they sort of ptsd'd him because he killed Prof X after AvX. Without that trauma I doubt he's ever been leader while single.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Fair enough but in that one they sort of ptsd'd him because he killed Prof X after AvX. Without that trauma I doubt he's ever been leader while single.
    There was also Rosenberg's recent run where he was leader despite him saying that he wasnt. And if we take it way back, there is early X-men before he and Jean got together

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There was also Rosenberg's recent run where he was leader despite him saying that he wasnt. And if we take it way back, there is early X-men before he and Jean got together
    Although I think we can say he was even more affected by PTSD under Rosenberg than under Bendis.

We might also be able to consider the start of X-Factor by a technicality. While he was still married, Maddie was missing from issue 2 and it took a while for him to get with Jean. Of course, Scott wasn't in a good place mentally during that period either.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Although I think we can say he was even more affected by PTSD under Rosenberg than under Bendis.
    Thats true for Scott and the readers

Scott has a dependent personality, he is a serial monogamous. If he is a leader he needs someone with whom he can fall apart privately.

Without that person Scott would simply accumulate all those doubts, stress and anxiety until exploding into an optic blast ball. It is not his fault, of course, it is simply a result of his lonely childhood.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

We might also be able to consider the start of X-Factor by a technicality. While he was still married, Maddie was missing from issue 2 and it took a while for him to get with Jean. Of course, Scott wasn't in a good place mentally during that period either.
    I'm noticing a trend here...

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Scott has a dependent personality, he is a serial monogamous. If he is a leader he needs someone with whom he can fall apart privately.

Without that person Scott would simply accumulate all those doubts, stress and anxiety until exploding into an optic blast ball. It is not his fault, of course, it is simply a result of his lonely childhood.
    It's kind of hard to tell because every time he's single, there's a lot of terrible things going on. It's as if life gets worse once he's by himself.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-03-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm noticing a trend here...

It's kind of hard to tell because every time he's single, there's a lot of terrible things going on. It's as if life gets worse once he's by himself.
    To be fair, horrible things also happen all the time when he has a partner.

Horrible things always happen in Scott Summers' life. He has a competition with Matt Murdock for being the most unfortunate guy in the entire MU. It's the red glasses, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Reading this makes me want to hug him lol

Joe Quinones, artist of the fantastic Dial H For Hero (2020), posted this awesome art of Cyke on his twitter.

11.jpg

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Joe Quinones, artist of the fantastic Dial H For Hero (2020), posted this awesome art of Cyke on his twitter.

11.jpg
    Thanks for the post. His art looks good. I also like his choice of an X-men team. Seems pretty solid.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia