Page 181 of 750 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 11243

Disney is currently pushing back the MCU

BP isn't affected yet, but if this drags through summer and BW gets pushed back more, it will have to move everything else too.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Ken Lashley Panther: His panther looks powerful and extremely dangerous.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Need to reread New Avengers because I can't remember if this artist ever drew T'Challa's face. I would love his art in a BP book.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Need to reread New Avengers because I can't remember if this artist ever drew T'Challa's face. I would love his art in a BP book.
    I can only think of few. When Namor tells T'Challa to sue for peace, T'Challa says the "What Giants do" line and when he gets banished from Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I can only think of few. When Namor tells T'Challa to sue for peace, T'Challa says the "What Giants do" line and when he gets banished from Wakanda

Ugh, I hated this plotline.

Namor is a barbarian king. He gets overthrown every other week. Depicting him as a leader on par with T'Challa only lessens Panther and really doesn't help Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Namor is a barbarian king. He gets overthrown every other week. Depicting him as a leader on par with T'Challa only lessens Panther and really doesn't help Namor.
    Guys like Namor, Doom and Black are all to some degree or another potrayed as peers simply because there's like half a dozen or so comic book kings. It's a pretty exclusive club. Doesn't necessarily mean or imply they're as good at the job as each other... it's just convenient to lump them all together because of their similar job titles.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Guys like Namor, Doom and Black are all to some degree or another potrayed as peers simply because there's like half a dozen or so comic book kings. It's a pretty exclusive club. Doesn't necessarily mean or imply they're as good at the job as each other... it's just convenient to lump them all together because of their similar job titles.
    Being peers and equals are two different things

I'm not seeing him as an equal to T'Challa in those images at all but it has been a while since I read this story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not seeing him as an equal to T'Challa in those images at all but it has been a while since I read this story.
    Same for me, but IIRC there was a tit for tat prior wherein Wakanda was down by two.

Including Atlanteans attacking a Wakanda delegation at the damn United Nations. That such a thing was treated as a throw away line, and not an international incident that would have turned the world against Atlantis, perfectly illustrates Hickman's rail road plots, IMO.

Same for me, but IIRC there was a tit for tat prior wherein Wakanda was down by two.

Including Atlanteans attacking a Wakanda delegation at the damn United Nations. That such a thing was treated as a throw away line, and not an international incident that would have turned the world against Atlantis, perfectly illustrates Hickman's rail road plots, IMO.
    Atlantis has flooded New York City back in the day ... with Namor joining the Invaders a week and a half later. I think it's a matter of comic book convenience that the world is as forgiving for Atlantis actions as they are. With the number of times Atlantis has invaded the surface world, governments probably should have tried nuking Atlantis a long time ago. Not that it would matter since Atlantis seems to get blown up over other year. To their credit, they're pretty darn resilient.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    This is the Wakanda I'm looking forward too in the next Series.
    Story Theme and Art.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Atlantis has flooded New York City back in the day ... with Namor joining the Invaders a week and a half later. I think it's a matter of comic book convenience that the world is as forgiving for Atlantis actions as they are. With the number of times Atlantis has invaded the surface world, governments probably should have tried nuking Atlantis a long time ago. Not that it would matter since Atlantis seems to get blown up over other year. To their credit, they're pretty darn resilient.
    There's attacking a city, and then there's violating one of the most sacred rules of diplomacy in an organization meant to support them.

The delegation wasn't collateral damage of Namor flooding down town. They were targeted and killed in what should have been neutral territory. It doesn't work as a throw away scene, because even in comics that would be a serious and almost unforgivable escalation.

Hell, especially in comics, where Dr. Doom hides behind diplomatic immunity twice a week and the UN has their own military force.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I think this is a different artist. But ever since T'Chadwick I kinda prefer T'Challa with a beard now lol.

What bothered me more was that not only did T'Challa not kill Namor, he wasn't the one to deliver the blow that knocked him down, then he let him recover, and then he's allowed to survive, tags along with T'Challa where the "squash the beef" in an off panel time skip, ha gd around T'Challa to crack jokes then gets killed by Doom. All the while not contributing anything else to the story. That bugs me nore than the warring between Atlantis and Wakanda, especially since Wakanda straight up wrecks Atlantis while it also repelled an invasion from a second unforseen army