Default John Carter of Mars RPG on Kickstarter

The John Carter of Mars RPG launched on Kickstarter yesterday with a $27,000 goal and has accumulated over $100,000 in backing already. Personally, I'm not much into RPGs, but I do like miniatures - they have some pretty neat looking ones - and Edgar Rice Burroughs. Here's the link for anyone who wants to check it out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...me/description

1784b9cf09f8a78af32eb127d0c739df_original.jpg

1b673e34c7132c6251c20eb9d0f41231_original.jpg
    Last edited by MadMikeyD; 01-10-2018 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

Anybody know what this 2D20 system is like?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sounds like Conan. It is the momentum sytem.

"The Momentum system is a streamlined version of the 2d20 system used in other games such as Conan, Infinity, Mutant Chronicles and Star Trek Adventures. It focuses entirely on the abilities of the characters you play by allowing characters to build talents out of whole cloth and eschewing granular details that just aren’t important in describing the ultra-competent characters of Barsoom.

Characters in Momentum are described by six attributes that combine to form the Target numbers of all tests. There are no skills, instead your background and archetype determines your role in the world. You’ll also be told what your character will find harder. This guidance for your GM will help them decide if a test is low or high difficulty. Secondly if you’re a talented scientist then you will have a Talent that describes how you use science. It might be that you make discoveries after hours of painstaking research or perhaps your best leaps of intuition only happen when under fire; however how you relate to the activity is custom described for your character.

The Momentum system cuts down on the descriptive terms such as status effects and weapon qualities. Once you understand how to do a skill test and have chosen how you want talents to describe your character, you’re ready to go! There is also an entire chapter of example talents for you to choose, reword, combine and ignore as you see fit. Expect a free to download Quickstart booklet very soon so you can try the game for yourself. In the meantime have a look at our gorgeous character sheet illustrated by Francesca Baerald."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Yeah, I did read the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I haven't used it, but they offer free quickstart guide PDFs for a few of their games:

Conan the Barbarian

Star Trek Adventures

Infinity

Mutant Chronicles

All of these use their 2D20 system, though John Carter is supposed to be a more streamlined version of it.