Page 507 of 827 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 12395
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

Honestly, Mr Odubanjo showed a lot of restraint. Instead of calling for the cops, I’d probably call for a knife or something to really mess that guy up.

But what’s really disturbing is that ******* was released almost immediately and the lady miscarried. That is so messed up.

Mental illness, racism and ridiculous gun laws is a truly terrible mix.
    What's annoying is a lot of the people arguing for gun rights to fight "tyranny" are the same ones who bow down to militarism and ignore or condone police brutality

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    are the same ones who bow down to militarism and ignore or condone police brutality
    Because police beat down the "right" people
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    ^ Following that I just saw the trailer for Lena Waithe's new Amazon movie, I've got three letters for, FOH. Look, I do really enjoy The Chi. It's one of the few shows the wife and me will sit through together, generally sans a person in a cape. The second season got a little weird with the girls abduction. Not sure how much of a 'Black Pain' arc that was but it definitely struck a touch chord. Haven't seen Queen and Slim yet but I'll get to it. In this new one, she's clearly ripping off Jordan Peale, I mean the look, I mean the tone and cranked the racial imagery to about a 12 on a scale of 10. That's just me on first impression. Other than that, it kind of puts me in the mind of- and this is for the older heads, if Bamboozled had a horror theme... with a dash of Mississippi Burning... yeah. Scuse my language but this bitch is doin' to much. Artistically her reach exceeds her grasp and she's going to have to answer to these similarities. Again just a trailer but I remember when Jason Mitchell had his issues and that breakfast club interview over it didn't look good on her end whatsoever.

This overall black pain thing as entertainment, I'm going to have to come back to.

Even the "Double Toasted" guys are tired of this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Because police beat down the "right" people
    Exactly. These regressives bleat about "muh freedoms" but are threatened by everyone else's freedoms

New Research States the Obvious: White Racist Fears, Not Economic Anxiety, Likely Drove the Capitol Insurrection

Robert A. Pape, a professor of political science at the University of Chicago and head of the Chicago Project on Security and Threats, has amassed and analyzed demographic data on the Capitol insurrectionists that he says show a curious commonality in their background.

The Capitol mob, made up almost 95% of white people, had a significant percentage of people who “typically hail from places where non-White populations are growing fastest,” the researcher wrote in an op-ed published in the Washington Post on Tuesday.

The study’s findings were based on the CPOST’s evaluation of the profiles of 377 of the Capitol insurrectionists, said Pape, who added that the collection of people came from all over the country—most notably from counties whose electorates are diversifying and going blue.

From the Washington Post:

By far the most interesting characteristic common to the insurrectionists’ backgrounds has to do with changes in their local demographics: Counties with the most significant declines in the non-Hispanic White population are the most likely to produce insurrectionists who now face charges.

For example, Texas is the home of 36 of the 377 charged or arrested nationwide. The majority of the state’s alleged insurrectionists — 20 of 36 — live in six quickly diversifying blue counties such as Dallas and Harris (Houston). In fact, all 36 of Texas’s rioters come from just 17 counties, each of which lost White population over the past five years. Three of those arrested or charged hail from Collin County north of Dallas, which has lost White population at the very brisk rate of 4.3 percent since 2015.

National demographers have already said the rate of white population growth in America is being outstripped by that of people of color—Hispanic and Latino people and Asian people specifically.

Speaking with the New York Times about the CPOST study, Pape said his initial expectation going into the study was that leftover pain from the 2008 recession would emerge as a motivator of the Capitol attack. But then he explained that additional analysis of the data shows that what really drove the insurrectionists’ violence is the age-old racist idea that white people not having societal dominance—or the impression of dominance—justifies them violently lashing out so as to hold onto power.
    https://www.theroot.com/new-********...-no-1846630346

Ultimate Member

Those results don't surprise me. They go hand in hand with some White peoples' fears about underpopulation. It also ties into some men's need to "keep women in the home"

If any group in the USA should fear small populations, it is Native American peoples, not White ones

What's the point of "non-Hispanic White"?

BANNED

Those results don't surprise me. They go hand in hand with some White peoples' fears about underpopulation. It also ties into some men's need to "keep women in the home"

If any group in the USA should fear small populations, it is Native American peoples, not White ones

What's the point of "non-Hispanic White"?
    There's really nothing to be afraid of, white people will retain control of the lion's share of capital assets and public institutions well after becoming a demographic minority.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    There's really nothing to be afraid of, white people will retain control of the lion's share of capital assets and public institutions well after becoming a demographic minority.
    Exactly. But stoking fears wins political points

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    God bless this man. Unfortunately this is not even a particularly unique situation, there are truly 2 Americas. One day you wake up and the choice is put in front of you to potentially be killed by some bigoted ******* or to be killed by the police response to the threat of the bigoted *******. 11 minutes, you had to restrain some fucking herb with a gun, who intends to do you... and your wife harm, ON YOUR JOB. While you wait for what you hope is an adequate response from the cops. Keeping in mind this is Arizona.

I'm clearly not wrapped as tight as this Man. How he restrained, from at least breaking this lunatic's arm is something I can not even comprehend, nuff respect.

6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. I'll take my chances with 6 cops wielding semi-autos who 'feared for their lives'.
    The man went into righteous superhero mode. Also, he probably went into Black Panther mode: thinking several steps ahead while engaging in a life or death struggle.

He can't look after his wife if he is dead, or in jail. I'm not even sure if he knew his wife was pregnant. If he did, that had to be a motivating factor.

Agreed.

Honestly, Mr Odubanjo showed a lot of restraint. Instead of calling for the cops, I’d probably call for a knife or something to really mess that guy up.

But what’s really disturbing is that ******* was released almost immediately and the lady miscarried. That is so messed up.

Mental illness, racism and ridiculous gun laws is a truly terrible mix.
    Some folks are just straight up evil, with very little regard for human life.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yup, to recap:

Black Couple:

- Wife made uncomfortable by all lives matters bullshit one on one with this dude
    - Service on truck had to be stopped prematurely so husband could come
    - had gun pulled on them
    - had to restrain said gunman while waiting for multiple cops to pull up locked and loaded
    - ended up getting kicked out of shared kitchen
    - ended up miscarried
    - business might be screwed

White Guy:

- prolly get off with probation for brandishing.

Cool System there
    Folks will swear up & down that no one catches more hell than white men.

Exactly. These regressives bleat about "muh freedoms" but are threatened by everyone else's freedoms
    Those that say that are probably in dire need of.....

Ultimate Member

I'm not saying White men don't have problems, but they sure as hell don't face these kinds of problems!

Ultimate Member

DMX is dead.

Not sure why he was still messing with cocaine at age 50 but RIP nonetheless.

Extraordinary Member

What a tragedy.

He was one of the all time greats and he even managed
    to shift from music to acting in a credible way.

There will be much made of his substance abuse issues and rightly so. But there needs to be something said about an industry that can take multi-million selling performer and turn him into a near pauper.

Ultimate Member

DMX is dead.

Not sure why he was still messing with cocaine at age 50 but RIP nonetheless.
    One of his family said it was a covid 19 shot that set it off.

I would suspect if he was using cocaine at the time of that shot-it caused a negative reaction.

But there needs to be something said about an industry that can take multi-million selling performer and turn him into a near pauper.
    Folks have been screaming and beating that horse to death. No one wants to listen. TLC and Toni Braxton say HI. Martha Walsh too-she got did BAD more than once.

Every time someone tries to explain things and why so-so gets only THIS much-no one wants to listen.

We teach our kids to NOT respect OWNERSHIP. For all the folks who praise Tyler Perry for owning his stuff-there is a LONGER line ragging on Marbury and others who have done the same.

No one asks why well known artists can't get radio play or even their stuff sold in stores?

Very sad.

He was a true talent and really tortured at the same time. Feel terrible for his children, RIP.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

https://deadline.com/2021/04/quindon...ol-1234730395/

Quindon Tarver, who sang the solo on “Everybody’s Free (To Feel Good)” during the title characters’ wedding in Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet and later appeared on American Idol, has died in a car crash. He was 38.

His uncle told the Dallas Morning Newsthat Tarver died April 1 in an accident on the President George Bush Turnpike.

Born on August 4, 1982 in Plano, Texas, Tarver started singing in church at age 4, appeared in the chorus in Madonna’s “Like a Prayer” video at 7 and was signed to Virgin Records at 12. Tarver was recording his first album when Luhrmann asked him to audition for Romeo + Juliet, the filmmaker’s postmodern 1996 take on the William Shakespeare classic.

Tarver also recorded a cover of Prince’s “When Doves Cry” for the film, which became a Top 5 hit for him in Australia (watch the video below). The song is featured on his lone album, 1996’s Quindon. Tarver went on a promo tour opening for Brandy and Monica.
    I have that CD.