Page 88 of 176 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2628

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Me too bud.I wish they had utilized BND era better and gave us more superhero relationships instead of Carlie.Although all that is now at an end
    I didn't mind the Spidey and Carol Danvers date that happened, come to think of it I think besides that one date there was just the short-lived Mockingbird relationship towards the end of Slott's run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I didn't mind the Spidey and Carol Danvers date that happened, come to think of it I think besides that one date there was just the short-lived Mockingbird relationship towards the end of Slott's run.
    I would have liked if they had explored more with Danvers.Even in Ends of the Earth we could have gotten Black Widow or Silver Sable relationship or both lol.If krakoa can do jean logan scott then why not.But seriously they should have gone for a better romance option than carlie.Also the mockingbird stuff was not good imo.Short,rushed and didn't lead to anything

Astonishing Member

Me too bud.I wish they had utilized BND era better and gave us more superhero relationships instead of Carlie.Although all that is now at an end
    I prefer Spider-Man to be with Spider-Man characters so that was what killed Slott's run for me.

Miles Morales Spidey comics are in a healthier spot now with someone other than Bendis writing him with Ahmed (I think the character was just stagnating after a certain point under Bendis), but I still think the move to the main universe is not a good one for the character. I get why it happened but I think it robs the character a bit.

Part of why Spider-Girl worked so well was that she was pretty much the star undisputed in that world and grew into her role. She had the legacy of her dad but he was retired so it was all her. Same for Spider-Gwen, I think the original run worked well because again it was a unique world and Gwen was the entry point for us and she was also the premiere spider-themed-superhero of her world. With the Ultimate comics universe, Miles had that. He had the legacy to live up to with Peter's death and he was the main thrust of the universe after that much like Peter before him. At least they didn't make the mistake of leaving Miles' supporting cast behind and carried it over, but I think a lot of the punch that came with his origin and his place in the world is dampened now.

It's not that him and Peter occupying the same world is inherently a problem, the PlayStation games prove it isn't. I think the thing with those games is that was specifically built into Miles' origin there and built into Peter's growth as well, their teacher-student bond works because it was made to be such. The Spider-Verse movie packs a lot of punch I think partly because it can commit to the base of Miles' comic origin and understand what that means, and how him getting to be the Spidey of his world really means something.

I guess my controversial opinion is Miles in the comics is fine but at the core level his origins and impact are a bit muddled after how much he got thrown around in only a decade, and other adaptations have been allowed to get to it much better. Maybe they should have just done a rebooted and retooled Miles when bringing him over to the main universe, cause that was something they absolutely want to do with every popular character much like how Spider-Gwen can't stay in her own world for too long anymore. There is no restraint anymore, Ultimate Marvel was its own thing for 12 years before it crossed over with the main universe, then that opened the floodgates and everything has to just circle back to the main 616.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 04-14-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Miles Morales Spidey comics are in a healthier spot now with someone other than Bendis writing him with Ahmed (I think the character was just stagnating after a certain point under Bendis), but I still think the move to the main universe is not a good one for the character. I get why it happened but I think it robs the character a bit.

Part of why Spider-Girl worked so well was that she was pretty much the star undisputed in that world and grew into her role. She had the legacy of her dad but he was retired so it was all her. Same for Spider-Gwen, I think the original run worked well because again it was a unique world and Gwen was the entry point for us and she was also the premiere spider-themed-superhero of her world. With the Ultimate comics universe, Miles had that. He had the legacy to live up to with Peter's death and he was the main thrust of the universe after that much like Peter before him. At least they didn't make the mistake of leaving Miles' supporting cast behind and carried it over, but I think a lot of the punch that came with his origin and his place in the world is dampened now.

It's not that him and Peter occupying the same world is inherently a problem, the PlayStation games prove it isn't. I think the thing with those games is that was specifically built into Miles' origin there and built into Peter's growth as well, their teacher-student bond works because it was made to be such. The Spider-Verse movie packs a lot of punch I think partly because it can commit to the base of Miles' comic origin and understand what that means, and how him getting to be the Spidey of his world really means something.

I guess my controversial opinion is Miles in the comics is fine but at the core level his origins and impact are a bit muddled after how much he got thrown around in only a decade, and other adaptations have been allowed to get to it much better. Maybe they should have just done a rebooted and retooled Miles when bringing him over to the main universe, cause that was something they absolutely want to do with every popular character much like how Spider-Gwen can't stay in her own world for too long anymore. There is no restraint anymore, Ultimate Marvel was its own thing for 12 years before it crossed over with the main universe, then that opened the floodgates and everything has to just circle back to the main 616.
    Bendis used Miles as a his stand in imo.he does the same with luke cage.i'm honsetly surprised he hasn't got them to bone kitty pryde.Bendis always picks 1 or 2 characters and then makes them like all good god.Bendis new avengers were literally luke cage featuring the avengers.They nerfed Doc strange and spiderman so much in it.
    I hate miles in the 616.He was okay in the 1610.if they used the current creative team in the 1610 I think we would have something really special.
    In the ps4 he was good but ps5 solo title they got Pete beat up so that miles could save the day(even though in the previous game he could handle scorpion and rhino np) and then sent him on vacation.
    My contreversial opinion is that Miles needs a Peter whos dead,beaten up or staright stupid and out of character.
    "Also a pattern I have noticed is that for Miles to work we always have to push Pete down.This is true for all medium's.In Spiderverse we have one dead Pete and one of the if not the lowest point in his life(understand that this is to say that Peter B. Parker is not absolute perfection,which he is, the point is for the story to work we need Pete to be in a bad spot so as to validate miles character arc).In comics we get 2 Spider-men series which show peter as an inexperienced goofball of a man-child.This can be seen in the fight scenes of Miles and Peter and Miles and Peter vs Taskmaster(1610)."
    The extract is from a post I made.Opinions?

"Also a pattern I have noticed is that for Miles to work we always have to push Pete down.This is true for all medium's.In Spiderverse we have one dead Pete and one of the if not the lowest point in his life(understand that this is to say that Peter B. Parker is not absolute perfection,which he is, the point is for the story to work we need Pete to be in a bad spot so as to validate miles character arc).In comics we get 2 Spider-men series which show peter as an inexperienced goofball of a man-child.This can be seen in the fight scenes of Miles and Peter and Miles and Peter vs Taskmaster(1610)."
    That's because Miles's role is the guy trying to live up to another man's reputation because the world still needs a Spider-man. You have to sideline the main Spidey for that to make sense. Him being Spider-man when there is already a perfectly good Spider-man just doesn't fit. Why would he even want to be Spider-man if there's already another Spider-man? It goes against his story. On top of that, you can't even talk about the guy by his superhero name. If you mention something happened to Spider-man, people are going to think you're talking about Peter. You have to call Miles by his regular name or people have no idea who you're talking about.

He needs his name equivalent of U.S. Agent, Thunderstrike, or Warmachine.

Bendis used Miles as a his stand in imo.he does the same with luke cage.i'm honsetly surprised he hasn't got them to bone kitty pryde.Bendis always picks 1 or 2 characters and then makes them like all good god.Bendis new avengers were literally luke cage featuring the avengers.They nerfed Doc strange and spiderman so much in it.
    I hate miles in the 616.He was okay in the 1610.if they used the current creative team in the 1610 I think we would have something really special.
    In the ps4 he was good but ps5 solo title they got Pete beat up so that miles could save the day(even though in the previous game he could handle scorpion and rhino np) and then sent him on vacation.
    My contreversial opinion is that Miles needs a Peter whos dead,beaten up or staright stupid and out of character.
    To be honest there's just as many examples of Miles being pushed down in anything where Peter is the main character.

Neither of them really did that well against Taskmaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's because Miles's role is the guy trying to live up to another man's reputation because the world still needs a Spider-man. You have to sideline the main Spidey for that to make sense. Him being Spider-man when there is already a perfectly good Spider-man just doesn't fit. Why would he even want to be Spider-man if there's already another Spider-man? It goes against his story. On top of that, you can't even talk about the guy by his superhero name. If you mention something happened to Spider-man, people are going to think you're talking about Peter. You have to call Miles by his regular name or people have no idea who you're talking about.

But he's nowhere near as relevant otherwise. Look at how much traction Miles has gotten compared to either of those characters, none of which could even hold a solo.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed to all of this.That's why Spiderman and miles don't work in the 616.I still can't believe how writers don't understand this.Thanks you!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest there's just as many examples of Miles being pushed down in anything where Peter is the main character.

Neither of them really did that well against Taskmaster.

But he's nowhere near as relevant otherwise. Look at how much traction Miles has gotten compared to either of those characters, none of which could even hold a solo.
    Miles is new at this compared to Peter who's been at this for around 15 years.Miles being pushed is more his inexperience ,there is no excuse with Peter.Also miles did okay against taskmaster.Spiderman straight up just stood there and missed a web on a human target and hit Miles.He has hit so many faster things so much quicker in much worse conditions.
    Also your point of miles being pushed by Pete(even though I disagree) only furthers my point of them being in seperate universes.
    And the point of holding his own solo book means people will also buy it if it takes place in the 1610.We would get a much better story and motivation as a bonus

Miles is new at this compared to Peter who's been at this for around 15 years.Miles being pushed is more his inexperience ,there is no excuse with Peter.Also miles did okay against taskmaster.Spiderman straight up just stood there and missed a web on a human target and hit Miles.He has hit so many faster things so much quicker in much worse conditions.
    Also your point of miles being pushed by Pete(even though I disagree) only furthers my point of them being in seperate universes.
    And the point of holding his own solo book means people will also buy it if it takes place in the 1610.We would get a much better story and motivation as a bonus
    Well, no, it's more that there just isn't really any sense in putting two leading characters together when only one of them has to be the main character.

Him being on 616 means he gets to interact with 616 characters and villains. Plus, y'know, the Champions.

Extraordinary Member

Well, no, it's more that there just isn't really any sense in putting two leading characters together when only one of them has to be the main character.

Him being on 616 means he gets to interact with 616 characters and villains. Plus, y'know, the Champions.
    Agreed.But the benefits of him being in the 1610 far outweigh the defeciets.Or they can do some actual mentoring stuff like in the game and the Ultimate Spider-man TV series.Hopefully writers understand and either give them a mentor-student dynamic or move miles back into the 1610 and do it fast.

Agreed.But the benefits of him being in the 1610 far outweigh the defeciets.Or they can do some actual mentoring stuff like in the game and the Ultimate Spider-man TV series.Hopefully writers understand and either give them a mentor-student dynamic or move miles back into the 1610 and do it fast.
    Those are part of the problem.

Those are part of the problem.
    Peter being Mile's mentor hurts both characters.

Is pushes Peter as the old guy making way for a replacement and it takes away Miles learning things on his own.

BANNED

Is pushes Peter as the old guy...
    Well I am all for Peter being the old guy like all true Spider-Man fans.

Peter being Mile's mentor hurts both characters.

Is pushes Peter as the old guy making way for a replacement and it takes away Miles learning things on his own.
    I mean, Peter IS the old guy. Putting Miles on the same Earth as Peter will do that.