Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I thought it was just error in spelling and was being polite not bringing it up....buuut what is it supposed to be???
    A mistake, have you heard of the island of Krakatoa? It's a real thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakatoa

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    at least be creative, here i just made these up:
    KraK KRok
    Krikectatoa
    Kritkatkoa
    Krakoborabora
    Krakum
    KromkRA
    X.X dead

I love Krakoborabora, they should conquer Chandilore and name it that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Is it that hard to get Krakoa’s name right
    Actually it's a pain . My device substitutes Krakow every single time !

I assume that Steel Inquisitor has the same problem.

Any body know how to stop it happening ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Actually it's a pain . My device substitutes Krakow every single time !

I assume that Steel Inquisitor has the same problem.

Any body know how to stop it happening ?
    Of course, desactivate the auto-correction option.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So, like...did you READ HoX/PoX...? Cause it made things perfectly clear that the ENTIRE POINT OF This era is that the survival of the mutant race may very well depend on EXACTLY ‘getting into bed with people who destroy civilizations as a hobby’...and getting them to work alongside the rest of the species as a unified front instead of a bunch of splinter cells working at cross purposes. They have tried it every possible configuration - from being heroes, to being straight up villains, to everything in between - and NONE of it has worked. The whole POINT of Krakoa is to do something that HASN’T been done before.

Instead of continuing petty squabbles over territory, or pitched battles over failed attempts at world domination, or bowing and scraping and licking humanity’s boots and being good little dogs in between genocides the way they’ve been doing and have done in multiple different realities, mutantkind is coming together - good, bad and in between - and agreeing to follow the rules and laws laid out by the Council for the sake of the future of their race. No more putting humanity and their wants and needs and prejudices first. Krakoa is about Mutants First, but not mutants only.

Sure, most of the villains have side schemes and back up plans and what not. Of COURSE they do. Many of the worst have seen civilizations rise and fall and wouldn’t agree to these terms unless there was some benefit to them. Like a life that isn’t a constant struggle for survival and acceptance...

If Charles and the rest had tried the same old crap as always - the crap people around here seem insistent that they go back to... - that never worked, they wouldn’t have gotten the ‘bad’ mutants onboard, meaning that those ‘worst of the worst’ would still be out there, wild cards who could - and WOULD - mess everything up AGAIN. With them onboard with Krakoa and fighting for the future together, it’s a LOT easier to keep tabs on them and make sure they DONT cross those lines and fall back into old patterns.

Sure, Shaw is being awful as usual.

Sure, Sinister is being shady.

Sure this is all likely to blow up in everyone’s faces.

That’s comics, for ya...

But, for now, these villains are operating on an island full of telepaths and technopaths and animal speakers and plant speakers and healers and biokinetics and...they are likely under CONSTANT watch, and not just by the Krakoan leadership, but the general populace is likely keeping from turning their backs to these people. Optimistic dummies (of the sort some seem to want ALL the X-Men to be again...) May trust them right away, but I HIGHLY doubt that everyone is just shrugging and accepting with open arms and complete trust. Notice how many of the ‘worst of the worst’ tend to spend a lot of time alone or with other former villains. Hell, I would not be surprised to find that there’s an ex-Villains support group a la Wreck It Ralph!

But anyway, yeah the villains are likely being watched all the time for now, this early into things. They are being given roles and are treated as equals with full citizen rights, but that doesn’t mean people have forgotten. They’re just...moving on for the sake of their race’s survival. They have no wants here, no hunger, no sickness, no homelessness, no running from government sanctioned murderbots or angry mobs out for blood. Nor are they dreading death anymore. And the longer Krakoa manages to WORK, the more likely these villains are to become FORMER villains.

Rehabilitation over retribution, with retribution still on the table for those who (like Creed) can’t get their sh*t together....

What an eeeeeevul fascist cult...

Of course, very smart, working hand in hand with genocides like Magneto ..Apocalyose ..Sinister.
    ..Selene and a long etc, is it a great idea? Surely XD

I really don't know if they are very naive or what? But that will explode in their faces, and they will be back as before, even worse, and that is going to happen.

In another point.

It makes me laugh that they justify genocidal characters just because they like them. I wonder if they will do the same justifying Hitler or Bin Laden, because they would be valid examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    It makes me laugh that they justify genocidal characters just because they like them. I wonder if they will do the same justifying Hitler or Bin Laden, because they would be valid examples.
    You mean, they like them or they are like them?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I'm pretty sure characters like Thor would be considered genocidal with the number of trolls, dark elves, and frost giants they've killed.

You debate in circles.

The summer event should be called Krakoa-cadabra
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Should be called "How to spell with Daddy Apocalypse"
    "Cable was right!"

KarKoKaren Karepenter?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

KarKoKaren Karepenter?
    keeping up with krakaxians

keeping up with krakaxians
    Kram of thKOans
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Kram of thKOans
    krakordy shore

krakordy shore
    KRA
    &
    preKOAgent
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I don't see why its necessary to go there lol . we're talking about comic book super villains. I need a xanax