Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

At the moment I'm not hyped for it at all, but thats mostly because there is very little information available out there and some it is misquoted frequently. Saying that you are absolutely not going to see it sounds a bit premature at this point.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    Have I missed something? Isn't Miles Teller like the least frat boyish young actor imaginable?
    'Frat boy', 'emo' and 'hipster' are usually code for 'I don't understand the young'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    'Frat boy', 'emo' and 'hipster' are usually code for 'I don't understand the young'.
    Ahahahaha this is so painfully true.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    The young in every generation are self-serving sharks enslaved by hormones and hell bent on surpassing the impact of the previous generation's youth. There, we all understand them. Neither frat boy, nor emo, nor hipster would be a good choice to portray the intellectual, reserved, and nerdy Reed Richards. But like I've stated previously, the people making this movie don't really care about the Fantastic Four's legacy. They're just calling it FF because they know people are so dumb they'll see it based on the name anyway

BANNED

If teenage Reed Richards was good enough for Warren Ellis then it's more than good enough for this film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RememberCaseyJones View Post
    The young in every generation are self-serving sharks enslaved by hormones and hell bent on surpassing the impact of the previous generation's youth. There, we all understand them. Neither frat boy, nor emo, nor hipster would be a good choice to portray the intellectual, reserved, and nerdy Reed Richards. But like I've stated previously, the people making this movie don't really care about the Fantastic Four's legacy. They're just calling it FF because they know people are so dumb they'll see it based on the name anyway
    A lot of words to basically say, 'Git off m'lawn.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If teenage Reed Richards was good enough for Warren Ellis then it's more than good enough for this film.
    Yup, yup.
    I have no idea if the flick will good or not...guess I will keep an open mind and wait for the film to actually be made.

Nope, nothing inspires confidence in the film or gets me excited. I'll save my money.

If it has half-decent word of mouth I'll watch it eventually on blueray.

I still have not watched the old ones.

I have found that trailers are an incredibly bad way to judge if a film is any good.
    I don't read reviews so I usually decide if I will see a movie based on the trailer.

Yes, y'all need to check out some of the stuff Ellis, Hickman and co did with Teen Reed in the Ultimate stuff
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    At the moment I'm not hyped for it at all, but thats mostly because there is very little information available out there and some it is misquoted frequently. Saying that you are absolutely not going to see it sounds a bit premature at this point.
    Yeah, this thread might as well be about any random film in 2015. Will you be seeing "The Intern"? I have no idea.

There's literally nothing about this project that sounds exciting or respectful to the comic series. This poor amazing comic will continue to be shat on for the rest of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    There's literally nothing about this project that sounds exciting or respectful to the comic series. This poor amazing comic will continue to be shat on for the rest of eternity.
    Dazzler, well stated!

BANNED

I will happily watch it for hope that like Ledger's Joker, I will be surprised and amazed.

I'm curious about this incarnation of the FF.
    I'll definitively see the movie, it seems like a fresh start for the franchise and if it could have the same positive impact as X:FC for example I'd be really glad.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I don't read reviews so I usually decide if I will see a movie based on the trailer.
    I find that trailers a) are a very inaccurate measurement of quality since every single moment in them is cherry-picked. I've been to 'comedies' where literally every single last good joke was in the trailer and b) tend to give away too much of the story.

I never watch trailers before I've seen the film.