Page 289 of 581 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 8709
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's also some Rose possiblity I guess, due to Billie Piper's social media posts seeming to hint at a 'big announcement' with a Rose emoji.

Although I hope they don't go too overboard with earlier WHO references, although this is the guy who brought a major WHO enemy into Torchwood (Cyberwoman) and brought back the Silurians too....and it would be interesting to see how some former characters react to the new Doctor (Jack would be interesting). I actually wouldn't mind a Missy/13 meeting, although given Missy's apparent demise this might not happen. Then again, this is a woman who we thought was disintegrated twice already (Not to mention the many, many other times the Master has "Died"), and it's certainly possible that despite what her former self said, it's possible she could still regenerate I suppose (Maybe into another woman).
    Missy is done. Gomez said she was done with it. Although, Moffat did leave a few possible "outs" in the series 10 finale. 1. Missy somehow survived, 2. Missy survived by Regenerating, or 3. There was another incarnation between Simm and Gomez. So it is open for Chibnall to explore if he chooses.

Personally, I feel we may get the third option. However I hope the new production teams steers clear of The Master for a year or two. Same with the Cybermen (who are my favourite monsters.) Now, if Moffat was still involved, I could see him doing option #3. But he would complicate it by having the new Master face the 13th Doctor, only to have them Regenerate into Missy. Inspired by the fact the Doctor became a female. So, naturally, the Master would copy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Missy is done. Gomez said she was done with it. Although, Moffat did leave a few possible "outs" in the series 10 finale. 1. Missy somehow survived, 2. Missy survived by Regenerating, or 3. There was another incarnation between Simm and Gomez. So it is open for Chibnall to explore if he chooses.

Personally, I feel we may get the third option. However I hope the new production teams steers clear of The Master for a year or two. Same with the Cybermen (who are my favourite monsters.) Now, if Moffat was still involved, I could see him doing option #3. But he would complicate it by having the new Master face the 13th Doctor, only to have them Regenerate into Missy. Inspired by the fact the Doctor became a female. So, naturally, the Master would copy him.
    I like to believe Missy wasn't the direct incarnation after Simm even Missy seemed cagey with that info so I'd like to think there are some more Masters and Mistresses out there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    No no no Not Rose not the evil one not her return please.
    I have to agree with this. Rose is done. The audios are fine because they are set within her time on the show. But there is no narrative need for her return. It would just be fanwank. Plus Chibnall will only draw comparisons between his era and RTD's. Much better to just forge ahead and do your own thing. Jenny gets a pass, even though I much prefer her to go on her own adventures. Which is why I am glad Big Finish is going to be doing just that.

Astonishing Member

I like to believe Missy wasn't the direct incarnation after Simm even Missy seemed cagey with that info so I'd like to think there are some more Masters and Mistresses out there.
    Well, neither will remember meeting the other. So there is no way Simm would have been inspired by Gomez. If the Master is used again, I image it will be a male to counter jodie's Doctor.

I kind of like the 'fan theory' that Missy had a vague memory or subconscious hint of something involving the Cybermen after regenerating from Simm, and that, in part, inspired her 3W plan.

I think Day of the Doctor sort of established that the Doctors, due to the timeline interlap, sort of have 'scrambled' memories of the time they meet each other, which sort of explains why they don't recognize their faces when they first look in the mirror, and the eleventh 'almost remembers' meeting himself from the other end as well; also why the Ninth Doctor is pretty sure he destroyed Gallifrey after clearly saving it.

Regarding using the Master, that could certainly work. Although the Daleks and Cybermen have shown up quite a bit, the Master didn't appear in the entirety of the Smith era (unless you count one or two references and of course the "flower shop woman" that gave out the Doctor's phone). Given that some aspects of Capaldi's Doctor was patterned on Pertwee's (The look mainly, but also a lot of his stubbornness and occasional condescending attitudes/insults, although this got toned down a bit as he went on) having the Master as an almost constant presence was kind of apt.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-08-2018 at 06:53 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I kind of like the 'fan theory' that Missy had a vague memory or subconscious hint of something involving the Cybermen after regenerating from Simm, and that, in part, inspired her 3W plan.

I think Day of the Doctor sort of established that the Doctors, due to the timeline interlap, sort of have 'scrambled' memories of the time they meet each other, which sort of explains why they don't recognize their faces when they first look in the mirror, and the eleventh 'almost remembers' meeting himself from the other end as well; also why the Ninth Doctor is pretty sure he destroyed Gallifrey after clearly saving it.

Regarding using the Master, that could certainly work. Although the Daleks and Cybermen have shown up quite a bit, the Master didn't appear in the entirety of the Smith era (unless you count one or two references and of course the "flower shop woman" that gave out the Doctor's phone). Given that some aspects of Capaldi's Doctor was patterned on Pertwee's (The look mainly, but also a lot of his stubbornness and occasional condescending attitudes/insults, although this got toned down a bit as he went on) having the Master as an almost constant presence was kind of apt.
    Absolutely. I just feel that Missy will end up being contained to Capaldi's era. If the Master pops up again, it will be a different incarnation. Especially if it occurs during Jodie's run. But the Cybermen and Missy/Master featured pretty heavily over the past three series. So they are due a break. I'd like to see some other monsters brought back. Given the fact he wrote them, I wonder if Chibnall may do a Silurian story during his tenure. The Sea Devils would also be nice.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

No no no Not Rose not the evil one not her return please.
    Seriously? You don't like Rose? She's great.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    This is GREAT news! I would love to see Rose and the 2nd 10th Doctor return, along with Martha and Donna, and Bill! And, if the Pond-Williams' can be rescued too, that would be great!
    Agreed, except for Bill. She stunk.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    **** no on Rose , her story ended ...we don't need to see that ever referenced again.
    You wouldn't want to see what her and the Metacrisis Doctor have been up to since we last saw them? I know I would.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    You wouldn't want to see what her and the Metacrisis Doctor have been up to since we last saw them?
    I'd rather be forced to sit through the entire Bay Transformers series, Clockwork Orange style.

Can we stop all the hating on the various companions?! Rose, Martha, Donna, Amy & Rory, and Bill were all great!

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Seriously? You don't like Rose? She's great.
    I agree with Carabas where I liked her in series/season 1 with 9 but even that was iffy I couldn't stand how she treated Mickey. It got worse once she go with 10 and the final nail in the coffin was her own self importance in the Doctor's life like in Stolen Earth during the call between them all and when Martha is mentioned she goes "I was there first" in a call that includes Sarah Jane Smith she had the gull to try the "I was there first" card. She was a self absorbed horrible person IMO. I really hope the Meta-Crisis Doctor was the Valeyard the Master said he was an incarnation of the amalgamation of the darkest sides of the Doctor from between his 12th and final life well 10 was actually his 11th life the incident that created the Meta-Crisis Doctor was the Doctor entering his 12th life/regeneration but remaining the same and 11 was his final life until he got a new regeneration cycle on Trenzalore so I hope he is the Valeyard also his inability to regenerate could explain why he wanted the Doctor's lives and I hope he went nuts and killed Rose.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 02-08-2018 at 04:51 PM.

BANNED

Can we stop all the hating on the various companions?! Rose, Martha, Donna, Amy & Rory, and Bill were all great!
    I'm more hating on all versions of Ten.

Something positive companions I like Susan, Ian, Barbara, Jamie, Victoria, Jo, Sarah Jane, Leeta, Romana I and II, Tegan, Peri, Ace, Martha, Donna, Amy, Rory, Clara, Bill, and Nardole.

Characters I liked who I personally don't consider a "companion" but different Brigadier, Kate, Liz Shaw, Benton, River Song, & Captain Jack Harkness.

Companion from books I like Frobisher who doesn't love a talking shape shifting penguin?

I agree with Carabas where I liked her in series/season 1 with 9 but even that was iffy I couldn't stand how she treated Mickey. It got worse once she go with 10 and the final nail in the coffin was her own self importance in the Doctor's life like in Stolen Earth during the call between them all and when Martha is mentioned she goes "I was there first" in a call that includes Sarah Jane Smith she had the gull to try the "I was there first" card. She was a self absorbed horrible person IMO. I really hope the Meta-Crisis Doctor was the Valeyard the Master said he was an incarnation of the amalgamation of the darkest sides of the Doctor from between his 12th and final life well 10 was actually his 11th life the incident that created the Meta-Crisis Doctor was the Doctor entering his 12th life/regeneration but remaining the same and 11 was his final life until he got a new regeneration cycle on Trenzalore so I hope he is the Valeyard also his inability to regenerate could explain why he wanted the Doctor's lives and I hope he went nuts and killed Rose.