Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #40 preview

“SWAN’S SONG” finale! Wonder Woman fights to break Silver Swan out of her mania and stop her all-out assault. Will Wonder Woman be able to get through, or will she lose her friend to the madness in the process?

Written by: James Robinson
    Art by: Emanuela Lupacchino, Ray McCarthy
    Cover by: Jesús Merino
    Variant cover by: Jenny Frison

Prince Jason getting on-the-job training? He's shadowing Diana on missions, in civilian clothes - no armor? No weapons? This is the son of an Amazon and the protégé of the Argonauts?

I just don't know what to make of that. Stunned...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Prince Jason getting on-the-job training? He's shadowing Diana on missions, in civilian clothes - no armor? No weapons? This is the son of an Amazon and the protégé of the Argonauts?

I just don't know what to make of that. Stunned...
    Well he’s not a hero. Didn’t have time to get any armor I’m assuming. I think the gods will give him something in April.

Can we just throw the whole run away and start again? UGH!
    Richard Alexander

Incredible Member

I'm not complaining about Lupacchino; I quite like her art. We were to have her rotating with Pagyuan, though, right? He's been siphoned elsewhere, I guess?

Nothing in the preview I'm mad at; Jason's supposed to be a work in progress, with no clear sense that at the end of his time with Diana that he'll be donning tights.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

So Jason must have a tremendous healing factor in order to recover from having his throat slashed by the Silver Swan. i think it's cool that Vanessa can use her blood to manipulate machines. That's a new ability for the character. I wonder how Steve and Co. are going to survive their battle with the Female Furies?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

The art (cover and interior) is pretty nice.

I'm not on-board with the Female Furies being "challenged" by regular human soldiers. Ideally, they should be a challenge for the likes of Wonder Woman and Superman to battle.

He grew up, training with archaic weapons. You'd think he had a few lying around.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    The art (cover and interior) is pretty nice.

I'm not on-board with the Female Furies being "challenged" by regular human soldiers. Ideally, they should be a challenge for the likes of Wonder Woman and Superman to battle.
    Agreed. Realistically the Oddfellows would be dead in seconds.

As far as her powers go this is great update of Silver Swan, she's a murderous force to be reckoned with. She's already beating Mayfly, Aegeus and Angle Man in the running for best revamped villains.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    As far as her powers go this is great update of Silver Swan, she's a murderous force to be reckoned with. She's already beating Mayfly, Aegeus and Angle Man in the running for best revamped villains.

When and where was Angle Man revamped in Rebirth?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    When and where was Angle Man revamped in Rebirth?
    It wasn't quite Rebirth yet, but he was Vandal Savage's son in Superman/Wonder Woman just before it.

Sorry for leaving an 'a' out of my first post.

I guess I like the idea of Jason, and that there should always have been a Jason...more than I'm actually digging Jason, right now? F'that makes any sense?

So far, in spite of his cool lady's man skills and fun-loving, Human Torchy personality, ..Prince Jason fails my most important test - the 'Would I have wanted to be Jason, when I was a kid?' test. The answer is...well...no. So far, it's a 'no'.

Mister Febreeze here is basically a male wind nymph, with pretty, windy sky powers. The best he can ever hope to be is a male Storm...a Wonder Storm! Dear Lord in Heaven, don't - DON'T - let that be his codename - not, with Mister Chicago and Breaking Wind still available! No-ooo!

Maybe, the magic joogamabob he gets in April changes him, somehow. It's not looking great, right now.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-10-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I guess I like the idea of Jason, and that there should always have been a Jason...more than I'm actually digging Jason, right now? F'that makes any sense?

So far, in spite of his cool lady's man skills and fun-loving, Human Torchy personality, ..Prince Jason fails my most important test - the 'Would I have wanted to be Jason, when I was a kid?' test. The answer is...well...no. So far, it's a 'no'.

Mister Febreeze here is basically a male wind nymph, with pretty, windy sky powers. The best he can ever hope to be is a male Storm...a Wonder Storm! Dear Lord in Heaven, don't - DON'T - let that be his codename - not, with Mister Chicago and Breaking Wind still available! No-ooo!

Maybe, the magic joogamabob he gets in April changes him, somehow. It's not looking great, right now.
    I get it. It certainly adds a different dynamic to the usual all-woman island.

I just think it would have been better if Jason had been raised on the island with Diana, and the Amazons figuring out how to raise a boy. But Flashpoint and New52 Amazons kind of ruined the chances for that.

Who knows, maybe Doomsday Clock will fix all of that to make Flashpoint and New52 (barring a bare few exceptions) a non-factor.