Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 7 Deadly Sins vs. Wakfu

Ogrest vs. each Sin 1v1. Arena.

Speed Equalized if necessary lol.
    DISCLAIMER! I know like... essentially 0 things about each series. If this is a stomp, please forgive me.

Bonus: The main cast of Wakfu also takes on the Sins. Any good match ups?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Ogrest is the dude with the dragons from that Saitama thread a little while ago, right?

Gowther can probably gimmick him with memory control. Ban can steal his internal organs for the cheap win. King has petrification and Calamity which should meet him the win.

Merlin has Perfect Cube, teleportation and chrono prison, might be able to do it before she gets blasted.

Escanor, Diane and Meliodas all have the unenviable task of fighting him hand to hand. Which I don't think they can win.

The One might be able to do it but given this dude was in strong contention against Saitama, I'm not super convinced.

Are these the Deadly Sins from the recent Shazam film?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Stealing Ogrest's organs... probably won't work. He has an effectively infinite amount of space inside his body. It's a whole thing. His insides are like a massive labyrinth, and don't really conform to any standard anatomy; it's sort of the main unique thing about him before he swallows the Dofus. Ogrest himself may not HAVE organs as he's basically a piece of candy that accidentally got mixed with Chemical X. Also he can manifest inside his own body to at least some extent, as he did with Otomai. The main characters were able to get the Dofus out of him only by a combination of Yugo and Tristepin distracting him while his creator went inside his body and reconciled with him.

I have no idea what memory control actually IS, so I'm just going to respond based on the obvious assumption that it's what it sounds like. I suspect Ogrest has some esoteric resistance, but I don't have a very good Rumbles argument for it - just want to say he's more than a brick and there's various esoteric things going on with him. Beyond that, I'm not totally certain what altering Ogrest's memories would actually DO. He is definitely motivated by painful memories, and before he was the giant rage monster he became, he was certainly vulnerable to manipulation, but the question is how much of his being a rage monster is his own sadness, and how much of it is the Dofus making him crazy. If it's the former, he can probably be calmed down pretty easily assuming that mental hijinks would work on him at all (and I'm not saying that they wouldn't, just that I'd be skeptical). If it's the latter, then it probably doesn't matter WHAT his memories say.

Notably, an issue with Ogrest that doesn't really come up when Yugo and Tristepin fight him is that Ogrest cries so hard it raises the sea level enough to wipe out island nations and even endanger inland ones, so there's the possibility of him just completely flooding the arena too.

Edit: All of this gets more complicated if you start including his stuff from the game (which is what Wakfu comes from in the first place), but I haven't played that, just glanced at his mechanics.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 06-24-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

As far as main cast fights go, proooobably Yugo and Tristepin are the only two who really have a chance of winning. The others are hard to gauge, and I don't know enough about the Sins to say. Generally, the main cast is more middle tier for their setting outside of specific events. Anyone who has a chance of holding their own against Ogrest is going to be way above the level they normally operate at.

Guys like Rushu, Nox, Grougaloragran, uh... the non-Nox villains (I can't help it, Nox is so memorable that even great villains are forgettable next to him), Adamai when Adamai was being Frieza, and Goultard are more where the sub-Ogrest upper tier is at. Yugo can get up there if he starts mainlining weird Eliatrope artifacts, but they all come with horrible consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Stealing Ogrest's organs... probably won't work. He has an effectively infinite amount of space inside his body. It's a whole thing. His insides are like a massive labyrinth, and don't really conform to any standard anatomy; it's sort of the main unique thing about him before he swallows the Dofus. Ogrest himself may not HAVE organs as he's basically a piece of candy that accidentally got mixed with Chemical X. Also he can manifest inside his own body to at least some extent, as he did with Otomai. The main characters were able to get the Dofus out of him only by a combination of Yugo and Tristepin distracting him while his creator went inside his body and reconciled with him.
    Right, organ grab is out then.

That said, could Ban just snatch the Dofus out of him? What is a Dofus?

Failing that, that leaves Ban with trying energy drain him and, given that he had trouble making that work with Estarossa who was way below Orgest in terms of physical stats, I'm dubious if it'll work. Ban did just get his Sacred Treasure back though, so he might have some crazy stuff to show us next week.

I have no idea what memory control actually IS, so I'm just going to respond based on the obvious assumption that it's what it sounds like. I suspect Ogreat has some esoteric resistance, but I don't have a very good Rumbles argument for it - just want to say he's more than a brick and there's various esoteric things going on with him. Beyond that, I'm not totally certain what altering Ogrest's memories would actually DO. He is definitely motivated by painful memories, and before he was the giant rage monster he became, he was certainly vulnerable to manipulation, but the question is how much of his being a rage monster is his own sadness, and how much of it is the Dofus making him crazy. If it's the former, he can probably be calmed down pretty easily assuming that mental hijinks would work on him at all (and I'm not saying that they wouldn't, just that I'd be skeptical). If it's the latter, then it probably doesn't matter WHAT his memories say.
    Gowther's control over memories is pretty ridiculous. He can rewrite someone's entire life, he can turn off people's brains and he can make Ogrest perceive him as his best friend or whatever.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Dofus are not unlike the Infinity Stones. They're just dragon eggs. Or at least the ones Ogrest ate, are. Primordial Dofus, or some such.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Right, organ grab is out then.

That said, could Ban just snatch the Dofus out of him? What is a Dofus?

Failing that, that leaves Ban with trying energy drain him and, given that he had trouble making that work with Estarossa who was way below Orgest in terms of physical stats, I'm dubious if it'll work. Ban did just get his Sacred Treasure back though, so he might have some crazy stuff to show us next week.
    I think the energy drain failed because Ban himself couldn't take in any more energy from the guy and the energy he did manage to take in was inconsequential to Estarossa.

Seeing that Ban himself is now ridiculously stronger than back then I'd think that he'd be able to pull in more energy than before.

Or at least, that's what makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Dofus are not unlike the Infinity Stones. They're just dragon eggs. Or at least the ones Ogrest ate, are. Primordial Dofus, or some such.
    Yeah this. As for taking them out... Otomai was standing right in front of them with Ogrest manifesting in his own belly while also fighting Tristepin and Yugo. We don't really know what he DID in that form because the action cut to elsewhere, but Otomai didn't manage to get the Dofus out until he'd actually convinced Ogrest to give them up. So mmmiiiiight be a possibility? I'd still be bet against it since they're effectively in a limitless extradimensional pocket, not just in a meatbag (unless Ban has feats for something like that, but he has to actually LOCATE them, I assume). Ogrest's internals are really weird.

But the thing about taking the Dofus out is that it removes the majority of Ogrest's power, but it doesn't actually get rid of the dragons (who all woke up the second Otomai touched one, and all seem to have some affection for Ogrest regardless), and it doesn't disable him. He can still raise the sea level by crying and do a bunch of other stuff. I haven't actually seen his origin movie though, so I can't comment on how strong he is without them. It was regular Ogrest who gathered the primal Dofus in the first place though.

Well I saw him raising the sea level as an extension of the Dofus powerup. Does he retain his power after they're removed ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well I saw him raising the sea level as an extension of the Dofus powerup. Does he retain his power after they're removed ?
    As I understand it (again, haven't seen his origin movie) that was specifically one of the traits he was born with. He just cries that many tears. That and "my stomach is another plane of existence" thing.

Ban did just get his Sacred Treasure back though, so he might have some crazy stuff to show us next week.
    So, just checking in on this. While it doesn't change the outcome of the fight, Ban's feat this week was pretty ridiculous.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Spoilers, for those of us who don't read/watch this?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So, just checking in on this. While it doesn't change the outcome of the fight, Ban's feat this week was pretty ridiculous.
    How ridiculous.

We approaching Best Boy Escanor ?

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

How ridiculous.

We approaching Best Boy Escanor ?
    It's a different kind of feat. He's basically gets a massive AoE that's basically him hitting thousands of targets over several miles in all directions and one shotting them, these targets are so tough that the Holy Knights from the first arc of the series can only scratch one of them with a triple combo attack.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 06-25-2019 at 12:44 PM.