View Poll Results: Is Jean Really Ororo's Best Friend?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 72.65%
  • No

32 27.35%
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You're right, people just hijack threads to make them all about bashing Scott and Emma. It's completely different. Now that people are doing the same to Jean, it's breaking the rules.
    I don't go creating new threads for that. Really different

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    1. doesnt exclude fridging
    2 doesn't exclude fridging
    3. she had the phoenix and didn't solve everything alone. She also lost the phoenix before. Easy to solve than simply killing
    4. Not even true and nobody can proof that. Much the contrary from Morrison interviews where he only worries about continuing the Scott focus.
    5. it wasn't even Magneto

No evidence? Quesada talking and Morrison interview is obvious why Jean needed to die: to give Cyclops a new love interest and of course manpain, someting to get over.
    EDIT: Not worth the ban. Same broken record. I don't know why I bother.

I don't go creating new threads for that. Really different
    You don't. You just turn literally any thread about Scott, Jean, Emma, and any combo thereof into a parade of posts about how Scott/Emma/Morrison/Combo are terrible and awful and always have been.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JanBlackfyre View Post
    Scott and Emma are separated characters you know.

But you're right, how come nobody can criticize Jean?
    She has done plenty of dumb stuff
    Never said they weren't. But bashing one usually follows bashing the other in these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah, that's why I said it's disheartening when it happens to any character and their fans. Thankfully not all humans are like that. I love mutants!
    You gotta hold on to hope in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    EDIT: Not worth the ban. Same broken record. I don't know why I bother.
    so you just baited me

Not gonna answer the bait. sorry

so you just baited me
    No, I didn't. I'm ending the conversation because I don't want a ban.

The X-Men got some real obnoxious members. But y’all just trolling Jean fans

And what’s up with the whole “Jeansus” nickname? Cyclops fan are pressed that their fav character is so much of a **** up and instead of owning up they are projecting his fuckery on to Jean. MEN. It’s always the woman’s fault.

On topic, Storm is Jeans bff ... yea!
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

BANNED

LMAO, this thread was supposed about Storm and Jean
    Marvel has wanted Jean dead since the DPS saga for killing and entire planet. They wanted to keep her dead forever, sorry that Cyclops is vaguely related or gets sad when it happens. Truly a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    The X-Men got some real obnoxious members. But y’all just trolling Jean fans

And what’s up with the whole “Jeansus” nickname? Cyclops fan are pressed that their fav character is so much of a **** up and instead of owning up they are projecting his fuckery on to Jean. MEN. It’s always the woman’s fault.

On topic, Storm is Jeans bff ... yea!
    "Jeansus" comes from X-Men Red, where the entire cast was assembled and the planets aligned to make Jean look as perfect as humanly possible, up to and including Cassandra Nova waiting a week to allow Jean to defeat her. It also comes from a certain subset of her fans claiming that she is entirely flawless and perfect in every possible situation.

But by all means, just claim that everyone here is a raging misogynist. That works too.

BANNED

I think this thread could be so much better if we were to question how things in X-Men books are presented and the disparity between them and the way the public reads them. Storm and Jean's friendship could just be an example of that. I pointed out that it doesn't really feel that way for me because of how I see Storm's friendship with other characters, but there are certainly other topics where people have a similar vision.

It would be worth the examination.

Quote Originally Posted by JanBlackfyre View Post
    LMAO, this thread was supposed about Storm and Jean
    Marvel has wanted Jean dead since the DPS saga for killing and entire planet. They wanted to keep her dead forever, sorry that Cyclops is vaguely related or gets sad when it happens. Truly a monster.
    The OP got the case for all bad things Jean did to Ororo. The thread already started biased

Only Shooter wanted Jean dead and he changed of idea. There isn't a whole Marvel

Storm, Jean, and Gambit are the best squad.

"Jeansus" comes from X-Men Red, where the entire cast was assembled and the planets aligned to make Jean look as perfect as humanly possible, up to and including Cassandra Nova waiting a week to allow Jean to defeat her. It also comes from a certain subset of her fans claiming that she is entirely flawless and perfect in every possible situation.

But by all means, just claim that everyone here is a raging misogynist. That works too.
    Really? I don't think any fan thinks Jean is perfect. It's a problem on communication

"Jeansus" comes from X-Men Red, where the entire cast was assembled and the planets aligned to make Jean look as perfect as humanly possible, up to and including Cassandra Nova waiting a week to allow Jean to defeat her. it also comes from a certain subset of her fans claiming that she is entirely flawless and perfect in every possible situation.

More like Cyclops fans projecting that on to Jean and her fans. I’ve yet to see Jean fans calling her flawless and perfect.

And I’m not saying you guys are misogynist, but the fact you wanna swipe Cyclops **** ups and say it’s Jeans fault is sexist.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip