Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Scott is a complete failure lmao

Jean- “No touching.”

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    That has been rectified. Scott has been completely redeemed and that era is one we no longer talk about.

Scott def. felt like the insert character from Morrison onward until they decided to make him sort of arguably villain- lite. Again I'm not being salty or throwing shade because he is my all time second favorite character. I like that he has importance but they way creators and fans (and the X-men Monday) fawn over him can be off putting (to me obviously or I wouldn't have brought it up).

Which much like the X-men Monday guy I remember when most fans online hated Scott. He was dull and boring and a boyscout. He wasn't the cool character. He became cool because of writers like Morrison, Whedon, Fraction, Bendis, etc.
    Imagine all this effort into a POC character... They would be called out for forcing XY characters

What I want is more effort being put in other characters and less of one character dominating the books

BANNED

Imagine a black character got called hitler, boring, a white teacher's pet , a lousy husband , terrible father. Yeah imagine that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Imagine a black character got called hitler, boring, a white teacher's pet , a lousy husband , terrible father. Yeah imagine that.
    T'Challa's thread is in the Marvel section.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    T'Challa's thread is in the Marvel section.
    hitler, boring, a white teacher's pet terrible father??

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Remember when his daughter visited from another timeline and Ororo had to take care of her by herself?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Yu's art continues to be underwhelming
    Am I the only person doesn't have a problem with the art like I get the complaints but it's just not a problem for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Remember when his daughter visited from another timeline and Ororo had to take care of her by herself?
    Storm didnt wan to have anything to do with her. She pretty much just let her live in her house and then ignored her

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Am I the only person doesn't have a problem with the art like I get the complaints but it's just not a problem for me?
    Yeah I'm neutral about it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Imagine all this effort into a POC character... They would be called out for forcing XY characters

What I want is more effort being put in other characters and less of one character dominating the books
    Imagine character assassinating someone to the point people call him Hitler. Bishop got maybe 1/3 of that level of assassination, and you still claim they did it because Marvel hates black people.

I feel the assassination done with Bishop was worse than Scott, if not the worse for any X-man. It left him unviable for years and that stuff still leaves a stench. The destruction in the books was purely plot driven and made no sense for the character or any direction he was going in as he was unceremoniously dump into limbo with no character development or intresting towards spun out of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I feel the assassination done with Bishop was worse than Scott, if not the worse for any X-man. It left him unviable for years and that stuff still leaves a stench. The destruction in the books was purely plot driven and made no sense for the character or any direction he was going in as he was unceremoniously dump into limbo with no character development or intresting towards spun out of it.
    Any character that's been called hitler tops the chart of character assassination. There's no comparison.

Any character that's been called hitler tops the chart of character assassination. There's no comparison.
    One person did that and it happened when he wasnt even around to deal with the ramifications of it. Besides they backpeddled hard by the time the story was wrapped up as he was exonorated and nothing about that time left him unviable as a character for years. We did not see Scott be character assinated as he acted out of character in the worst ways. That happened with Bishop though. The Terrigen era is largely inconsequential to Scott bc he wasnt around and ultimately wasnt about him. The Messiah Trilogy still haunts Bishop

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Doesn't matter too much what he's called since he's still front & center of everything, has his own X-Men solo with a juggling cast, 2 X-Mondays devoted to him, and in general is everyone's fap material. In addition getting to sleep with both Jean & Emma.

Compared to Bishop's assassination & then dropped into Limbo for years until Hickman was coming. BUT if his assassination is another era written off as filler, then he may be safe.

But for now, Bishop's assassination is still heavy & he hasn't started fixing anything yet. He's on the Marauders team, but done very little yet.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-12-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I’ve seen worse (most of the 90’s?) but it is awfully stiff. I’m a professional artist, it’s hard for me not to see flaws.