Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looks nice. Probably nicer than how she'd look if she popped up in Taylor's GOT wannabe series.
    With track record of Tom Taylor of wanking Constantine by sacrificing whole magic folks, I rather have Dino Zee

Here's the Sweeney Boo cover. Batman vs. Robin #4 variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post

Bonus points for not using the JLD costume !

Extraordinary Member

Yeah no way the movie is happening now

OMG Are they really developing a sequel to Keanu's Constantine?

A Zatanna show could be a great way to set up a new DC universe. She's connected to so many characters, her father debuted in the same comic as Superman. She herself is connected to Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman. Zatanna's Search featured Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Atom, Green Lantern, Batman, Elongated Man and Sue Dibney. She also had a whole OGN with Black Canary. She's also worked with Alan Scott, Blue Devil, Spectre, Madame Xanadu, Swamp Thing and Dr Occult. Thanks to YJ, she is also connected to Dr Fate, Khalid Nassour, Mary Marvel and Traci 13. There are also her proteges in the comics; Misty Kilgore, Raven and Zachary Zatara.

You could conceivably do a first season which is Zatanna's Search where she is looking for her father and meets 4-5 magical and non magical characters who help her out. The second season deals with her mother. The third season deals with her father's death and aftermath. Use her status as a magical helper to team up with various heroes. Eventually, adapt story arcs like the ones where she fought Prayala and also the Witching Hour with Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yeah no way the movie is happening now
    I had my doubts it was going to happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    OMG Are they really developing a sequel to Keanu's Constantine?
    Yep. But it's scripted by the same guy who wrote 'Batman & Robin' and the Titans series. Akiva Goldsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Hopefully this is a sign she gets a better showing in future issues.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    A Zatanna show could be a great way to set up a new DC universe. She's connected to so many characters, her father debuted in the same comic as Superman. She herself is connected to Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman. Zatanna's Search featured Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Atom, Green Lantern, Batman, Elongated Man and Sue Dibney. She also had a whole OGN with Black Canary. She's also worked with Alan Scott, Blue Devil, Spectre, Madame Xanadu, Swamp Thing and Dr Occult. Thanks to YJ, she is also connected to Dr Fate, Khalid Nassour, Mary Marvel and Traci 13. There are also her proteges in the comics; Misty Kilgore, Raven and Zachary Zatara.

You could conceivably do a first season which is Zatanna's Search where she is looking for her father and meets 4-5 magical and non magical characters who help her out. The second season deals with her mother. The third season deals with her father's death and aftermath. Use her status as a magical helper to team up with various heroes. Eventually, adapt story arcs like the ones where she fought Prayala and also the Witching Hour with Circe.

Yep. But it's scripted by the same guy who wrote 'Batman & Robin' and the Titans series. Akiva Goldsman.

Wait you mean the comic series in general or the same comic at the same time as Superman? Is he like the second superhero at DC and the first magic hero as well? I feel like he and Zatanna would be more relevant right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Wait you mean the comic series in general or the same comic at the same time as Superman? Is he like the second superhero at DC and the first magic hero as well? I feel like he and Zatanna would be more relevant right?
    Zatara debuted in Action Comics #1:

Zatanna is actually a legacy character of him, but she’s so much more famous and popular than he is that he’s basically been reduced to just a supporting character for her, especially since they’ve kept him dead since Alan Moore killed him off. It’s similar to how Hal Jordan not Alan Scott is the one who defined the GL Mythos.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

New webtoon chapter!

spoilers:
    A detective partnership is formed as Zatanna finally realizes she's dealing with Jack the Ripper.

I think this is the first time I've noticed she's still wearing the same heels as her stage costume.

Is there a bit of an age gap between Zee and Constantine in this? He calls her "kid" and it seems like she might have a crush on him, but the exact nature of their relationship hasn't really been defined here. Feels like Constantine, in typical Constantine fashion, might be using her as well or at least not being 100% upfront with her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Hell yeah, reading this really make me want to see it's realized. Lot of potential stories and various approach, would also like to add Zee various pets like her white tiger, meatpie from her webtoon or her rabbits xd.

Pralaya could be the grand finale boss at her third season.

I wonder what good character flaws for Zatanna to overcome? Could her DC SHG flaws of being prissy, vain, attention seeker could be implemented on more serious series?

Self doubt is kinda so-so for me, as long as it's doesn't make her numb. Guilts or self doubts if she is good enough even after she has done her best could be good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    New webtoon chapter!

spoilers:
    A detective partnership is formed as Zatanna finally realizes she's dealing with Jack the Ripper.

I think this is the first time I've noticed she's still wearing the same heels as her stage costume.

Is there a bit of an age gap between Zee and Constantine in this? He calls her "kid" and it seems like she might have a crush on him, but the exact nature of their relationship hasn't really been defined here. Feels like Constantine, in typical Constantine fashion, might be using her as well or at least not being 100% upfront with her.
    end of spoilers
    I think he is younger here too. I remember there are big discourses if Young Zatanna appeared on Keanu Reeves Constantine at Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Hell yeah, reading this really make me want to see it's realized. Lot of potential stories and various approach, would also like to add Zee various pets like her white tiger, meatpie from her webtoon or her rabbits xd.

Pralaya could be the grand finale boss at her third season.

I wonder what good character flaws for Zatanna to overcome? Could her DC SHG flaws of being prissy, vain, attention seeker could be implemented on more serious series?

Self doubt is kinda so-so for me, as long as it's doesn't make her numb. Guilts or self doubts if she is good enough even after she has done her best could be good though.
    That actually kind of reminds me of Bloodspell where Zatanna quickly changes the subject when Black Canary asks if all the money she gets from her personal merchandise goes to charity like it does for the other JL members .

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post

Probably something like pride/vanity, same as her dad too probably.

I mean, she is a showoman .

The Keanu Constantine movie is bad news. Zaslav didn't trust JJ so he took away Constantine. I doubt JJ will be willing to make a solo Zatanna movie knowing that it wouldn't lead to JLD.

BTW how did they come up with the name JLD for the team? When Madam X gathered them all, none of them had anything to do with the JL except for Zatanna.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 09-20-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    The Keanu Constantine movie is bad news. Zaslav didn't trust JJ so he took away Constantine. I doubt JJ will be willing to make a solo Zatanna movie knowing that it wouldn't lead to JLD.

BTW how did they come up with the name JLD for the team? When Madam X gathered them all, none of them had anything to do with the JL except for Zatanna.
    Branding. Shadowpact is a cooler name but DC called them JLD because JL is the only team brand at DC with any real worth.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/