Page 640 of 661 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The Majin dashes across the lookput towards the inventor, waving his arms up and down. "Pants! Th....thing!" Sasheem continues, briefly presenting the red jewel that Jinzi had given him days earlier. "Unba! Where find?!"
    He pauses.

“Under the ocean, about five hundred miles off the coast of Capital City.”

OT: The red jewel was broken, by the way, earlier.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She assumed her level was about the same -- around 7,000 -- as it was when she died ten years ago. Though, if she had been training at all since she had been brought back to life, then it was undoubtedly higher. Still, given what she knew of her own rate of progression, five hundred in just a few days, five years was high-balling it by a lot.

Still, she nodded and smirked under the guise of determination. "You're on! Though, I should warn you, I had a power level of only 50 like five days ago."
    "Impressive growth," said Tasure, returning the smirk. "...four years then. But, at the very least, you're better positioned to grow strong than Saiyans of my generation. I took me... until after I was dead to fully shake off the mindset and beliefs limiting my growth as a warrior."

She sighed. "I'd come to believe that Saiyan culture had become self-limiting for us, but I underestimated the extent. Just... listen to Maiz and Mato's teachings and you'll grow very powerful indeed."

Tasure wasn't sure whether bolstering the girl's ego with compliments was a good idea or bad idea. Judging from her age and her power level just five days ago, she'd certainly been bound for the meat market, and, having been in a similar situation early on in her CTC years... Tasure knew well the effect a little outside confidence could have. Then again, it might inflate her ego too much for her idol to so freely compliment her.

Either way, while this Sarada girl's talent was actually pretty notable, Tasure was mostly interested in her as a vehicle to drive Totoma's growth. After all, a proper rival was very beneficial to one's drive and motivation.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He pauses.

“Under the ocean, about five hundred miles off the coast of Capital City.”

OT: The red jewel was broken, by the way, earlier.
    OT: ****, I forgot. Edited!

IC: "Oc...ean?" Sasheem questioned. Sounds simple enough...though he had no idea where five hundred miles from the coast of Capital City. "You take?" He asked of Jinzi.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    There was a whizzing sound in the air only moments prior to the small white body impacting with the side of Zaofans head, arms clamping around his head even as the two did a cartwheel from the force and landed in a heap.

"Gao! Gao! Cookman is here. Sister is looking for you." Erosa gave the already disoriented chief a lick on the cheek.

Sure enough, not a few moments later quick footsteps heralded Etrina onto the scene. "Zaofan, there you are........Oh....Hello Meagan, I wasn't interrupting anything correct?"
    "Erosa! Etrina! I was hoping to see you, two."

Zaofan pulls out a crispy rice chocolate bar from his pocket. "Erosa, I'm afraid I don't have much for you, but... please take this as a token of my appreciation. You are literally a life-saver, you know that?"

He then turns to Etrina, sorrowful and concerned. "Look, I... I really wanted to see you -- the both of you -- before we all split up. Now that the job's done, I guess we go our separate ways. But... what are you going to do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "No, it's fine. We were just saying goodby, for now. Talking about training and maybe getting together for some sparing someday. The usual." She then looked at Erosa, "Are you and your sister going to be doing any training? Or just spend your time eating?" teasing the Id, in a friendly way.

Then turning to Etrina, "I'm sure you'll want to speak to Zaofan in private, but before you do I want to say that I respect and admire your skills in combat. When I first met you, I will admit to being a little skeptical, but you definitely proved me wrong." Meagan gave her a polite, though brief, bow, "You and Erosa take care of yourselves. I'm sure Lady Eva would welcome you if came here and visited, as would I."
    "I suppose this is it," Zaofan tells Meagan, looking down to the ground before facing her once more. "Till next time, soldier." He then brings up two fingers to his forehead, a mix of casual salute and a show of acknowledgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Zaofan pulls out a crispy rice chocolate bar from his pocket. "Erosa, I'm afraid I don't have much for you, but... please take this as a token of my appreciation. You are literally a life-saver, you know that?"

He then turns to Etrina, sorrowful and concerned. "Look, I... I really wanted to see you -- the both of you -- before we all split up. Now that the job's done, I guess we go our separate ways. But... what are you going to do?"

"I suppose this is it," Zaofan tells Meagan, looking down to the ground before facing her once more. "Till next time, soldier." He then brings up two fingers to his forehead, a mix of casual salute and a show of acknowledgement.
    Meagan smiles, then steps up and kisses him on the cheek, backing down and winking at Etrina, "One last time, a kiss for good luck." Stepping back, "This isn't goodbye, it's til we see each other again." With that, she walks away, pausing to wave to them as she enters the main building, her new home for the next several months.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Tore apart by mindless beasts. Over and Over and Over.
    Cut down by the sword wielding Chrona. Over and Over and Over.
    Consumed by Parsics Void. Over and Over and Over and Over.

Every time she awoke at the beginning, the moon above her in the same position, the time unchanged.

Perhaps the most horrifying aspect wasn't the pain, or the hopelessness.....but how Death had slowly lost its impact for her. Fear of Death was a normal aspect of life, one that took those who fought years to harden against. Yet here, in this hell, every death was different yet ended in the same result. Perhaps it had been the a mercy beyond her comprehension at the time....but the two Familiars always did their task in the quickest, least painful way. In a twisted way....she soon started to prefer to be caught by them rather then the hounds.

So it went on...fear gave way reckless determination. Which each new attempt she strived to learn something new. Where the hounds tended to hide, what paths the two familiars took, how to distract them, what she could and couldn't get away with. Though each attempt ended with failure she would only start off again at the start.....and as long as she was caught by the familiars it would be a quick retry.

Like a game.

Hell had become a game.....perhaps in the only way her innocent mind could remain intact and carry her through it.

She would attempt it, learn as much as she could, die and put that information to use in the next attempt. Over and Over, again and again. Yet...her limitations as a child were so....so....

Insurmountable.

Determination was something the child had no short supply off, but with every failure...even one in which she learned something...that block was chipped away. Etrina was weighted down by frustration and hopelessness, the will to live beaten out of her with one failure after the other. Death didn't matter, life didn't matter, every attempt yielded the same result.

Insurmountable.

She turned the corner, her former careful motions lost....walking full speed into a surprised Chrona, sword already drawn. Perhaps there had been a look of pity in the aspects eyes at first....But that was not the memory Etrina had.

She remembered the look of horror the aspect had as the little girl impaled herself on her sword, of her own choice. At the time...she had done so because such a thing had no meaning here. Being caught meant death, no matter how much you struggled or fought. It didn't matter, nothing mattered. Better to have it done quickly so she could try again.

Repetition had eroded all worth from her own life.....and in the reflection of the aspects horrified eyes, she saw the cold dead thing she had become......and the child was once more scared, but for death, but for what she had turned into.

Insurmountable.

As the primal forces of the cosmos bared down on the two, Asha'rah strode forward and faced them head on. Her words of encouragement still rang in her ears. Now was the time to face face her demons, and right a terrible memory that had plagued her from her youth. She had trained for this, bleed for this.....had died for it, more times then she could ever count. But here.....in the realm of her memory, the edge of the abyss behind them and the end of time in front of them.....

....she was freezing up.

That cold, creeping doom that plagued her memories was slowly wrapping its hands around her heart. Even after everything she had done to prepare...nothing had changed. She was just an ant before a mountain. Insurmountable. Just as she had been as a child....in that never ending loop of hell.

"No...don't...." Etrina attempted to speak. but the word were lost. Asha'rahs focus had turned to Parsics late arrival, and without her orbs to stall her advance...Chrona was approaching with her weapon. This facsimile of Chrona mirrored the worst aspects of Etrinas memory of her time here....there would be no pity to be found in her eyes.

Before...it had only taken one of them finding her to drop her chance of success to nil. Now both of them were here, and though Asha'rah went to face one...all hope was slowly evaporating from her mind even against the one opponent that remained.

Etrina took a step back, wand shaking with her hand. But Chrona was closing the distance all to quickly. Soon the time aspect would swing her sword....cut her down where she stood.

Perhaps that was for the best....this attempt was already a bit too far into unwinnable territory anyways. Though it would likely be a bit disappointing to Asha'rah....perhaps the best option at this point would be to just die and try it again.

Yes, lets just get it over with now and try again.

Die and try again

Die.....and........Try Again?

No....NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo....

...I refuse...

"....I refuse...to die......not again...." Etrina gritted her teeth, the shaking in her hand ceasing has her knuckles went white. Chrona stepped within swinging range, lifting her weapon to strike off her head in one quick slash. It was a move she had done before, many times.

Infusing her wand with temporal magic, Etrina brought it up to parry the swing. There was a tremendous clash as the sword, a temporal weapon in itself, slide against the wand that itself was charged with potential temporal energy. Though it only held a moment, it was enough for etrina to slip in under Chronas stance, charging ki into her palm and striking the familiar in the stomach. The aspect skidded back, and though she took only a moment to resume her stance....the blow did wonders for Etrinas personal morale.

Perhaps......perhaps this fight was winnable afterall....

Perhaps...

---------

At that moment, a blinding light distracted both Etrina and Chrona.

Asha'rahs light of creation flared up around him....and inside the emptiness behind parsic the same light grew brilliantly amiss the light sucking void.

"......god of creation......." Parsic tilted her head, her golden eyes shining like beacons even in the backdrop of creations light. ".....That light..........yes.....it fills me up........just like before.....so long before..."

The golden haired aspect walked forth to meet Asha'rah in the middle, her void putting pressure against Asha'rahs creation. ".....I was whole.....complete......yet you.....you violated my unity with tumors....creation....matter.........can I destroy you? Can I? Can I violate your creation...just like you violated my emptiness?"
    Behind her, Asha'rah sensed Etrina's ki flare, as well as her own special brand of magic. There was a clash, wand against sword, but the wand did not break. Then a thump, the familiar sound of a palm strike hitting home. Not as smooth a transition of weight as some might manage, perhaps, but the parry had evidently smoothly exposed the swordswoman as the ki strike sent her reeling back. Asha'rah half-turned her head, not enough to put the golden-haired opponent out of sight, but enough that Etrina might have seen the hint of a smile if Asha'rah had a mouth with which to make one. To have endured the horror of this place in her formative years…who would have subjected a child to this? Some souls allowed themselves to warp, to twist around their own failings, and everyone around them suffered for it. Etrina carried the scars of such an experience to this day. Solving the maze would not heal them. But perhaps it could bring her some closure.

"Just like that. Your trauma is yours to bear, but you are already strong, Etrina. You have grown, and what you fear has not. Today, life is unfair in your favor."

Turning back to the Singing Void, Asha’rah felt pressure as it closed. The Void fought back against creation, light and nothingness warring for dominance. The golden-haired one spoke of her will, of old grudges, of a violation of the void. Its manner was haphazard and wrong, like a madman on a broken loop. This void believed itself the opposite of creation. The idea was creative, its comparison of Asha’rah’s works to tumors moving even. But…

“You are a contradiction. The void is nothing. You are the nothing. Yet you have will, you have desire, you strive. With every breath you take, every thought you make, you violate yourself.”

A hand lashed out and latched itself around the Singing Void’s head with a vice-like grip as if to crush her skull outright. The hand blazed blindingly bright…and then manifested searing hot magma. It whirled around the inside of Asha’rah’s palm, the beginnings of a planet’s core.

“I created destruction to oppose myself. I am the Alpha and the Omega. You are nothing, and therefore nothing stands between me and victory.”
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 04-29-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada's request was simple. "Teach me how to do the Dead Man's Hand. More specifically, how to infuse my attacks with my own life force."

Crap...

Jack turned around and sighed, "I'll be honest, girl, I was kind of hoping that technique would die with me... it's really really dangerous, you've seen that."

Jack turned back around to face Sarada, giving her a quick nod as he did so, "A deal is a deal, I'll teach you. Just promise me you're not going to get yourself killed doing the damn thing."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori blinked, a blush rising on her cheeks as she realized that during her study of sex and all its trappings she'd completely forgotten to speak to Ochazuke. Though she did speak to him momentarily during the battle against Battersea.

Deciding to be honest, she said "I spoke to him briefly during our fight against Battersea. Though he initiated the conversation because I was having a momentary freakout."
    Asha'rah nodded, not judging. Midori had asked for guidance, and Asha'rah had given it. Though she cared about the green android's health, she was not her mother. Midori was her own person, and had to find her own way through life.

"Did it help? What did he say?"

Retired Overlord

"No, it's fine. We were just saying goodby, for now. Talking about training and maybe getting together for some sparing someday. The usual." She then looked at Erosa, "Are you and your sister going to be doing any training? Or just spend your time eating?" teasing the Id, in a friendly way.

Then turning to Etrina, "I'm sure you'll want to speak to Zaofan in private, but before you do I want to say that I respect and admire your skills in combat. When I first met you, I will admit to being a little skeptical, but you definitely proved me wrong." Meagan gave her a polite, though brief, bow, "You and Erosa take care of yourselves. I'm sure Lady Eva would welcome you if came here and visited, as would I."
    "Erosa Strive, that what robo monk say. Even if sister not, Erosa gonna train til she ripped like bear!" Erosa let out a animal growl. "......then erosa eat til she fat like hippo!"

"Like hell you will...." Etrina muttered, "Ahem....well......Huh..." She crossed her arms, embrassed at the compliment. "Your....not to bad yourself. I mean....hey wait a sec.....a little skeptical you say?"

"Gao?" Erosa leaned in and bite the corner off the rice bar. ".......eeehhh.......Last visit to cookman for awhile and erosa gets pre-packaged bar. Cooman lucky he so cute who Erosa would eat him instead." For added effect Erosa pounced up on him and have him another, far wetter, lick on the cheek. "Cookman go train....make Erosa legendary feast."

"Our....separate ways.....yeah...." Etrina paused, suddenly unsure of her herself. "I'm not sure....I guess I need to set some affairs to rest at home. Maybe I'll go explore the world, meet with some of the other great mage families. I'm honestly not sure..." There was another pause.

"...Hehe.....I honestly can't believe.....we've only been together, all of us.....for such a short time. Now we're all going our separate ways for for 6 months.......What do you plan to do during that time Zaofan?"

Meagan smiles, then steps up and kisses him on the cheek, backing down and winking at Etrina, "One last time, a kiss for good luck." Stepping back, "This isn't goodbye, it's til we see each other again." With that, she walks away, pausing to wave to them as she enters the main building, her new home for the next several months.
    "Bye Meagan! I hope to see you well the next time we meet!" Etrina waves her hand to see Meagan off, before turning back to Zaofan with a smile. ".......Hooo....One last time huh? You get kissed regularly?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

Crap...

Jack turned around and sighed, "I'll be honest, girl, I was kind of hoping that technique would die with me... it's really really dangerous, you've seen that."

Jack turned back around to face Sarada, giving her a quick nod as he did so, "A deal is a deal, I'll teach you. Just promise me you're not going to get yourself killed doing the damn thing."
    Sarada knew exactly how dangerous an attack like that was. She had watched Jack kill himself using it. In a simulation, of course, but that was as close to the real thing as she wanted him to get. "Yeah I promise. Last resort."

With that squared away, it was her turn. "Alright, your turn. Ask away."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In the end, the passage Ishtar found herself studying was not overlong:

And despite his usual methods, Zurvan had chosen to be less cryptic than Ishtar had grown accustomed to in her long years. The first sign that something was wrong. Yet as the golden-eyed Oni read, and re-read, and re-read ... There was no denying what was implied, and that was the most troubling thing of all.

A lesson I cannot teach.

Nothing more than an admission that the Aspect, her father, merely served to guide the Oni towards something instead of teaching her, himself. Likely becuase he could not.

Of a truth you learned through suffering.

Another easily understood line. Zurvan spoke to perhaps two events in Ishtar's life, that would have produced the suffering necessary to bring with it, a truth. The brief battle the Oni had waged against Time itself ... and the death of her lover, Sekhmet. Who after so long ... had risen to the fore of Ishtar's memories once more, to influence. And without the context of what followed, the golden-eyed Oni may have opted the former. And yet ...

From you. In you.

A reference to Ishtar's self-suppression. And two lines that offered insight into the line before, and gave context to the lines to come.

And in spite of the fall of its luminary,
    A world long-forgotten, lingers.

In this, there could be no doubt.

Zurvan was telling her to return to where she had first learned of what she was. When the suffering, and pain she had suffered at the loss of Sekhmet had driven her into a realization thousands of years premature. The place where, in her grief ... she had ripped the heavens apart: Tatenen, and its moon, Ilargi.

Yet ... Why ? And why now ?

The reasons were perhaps more cryptic than the message itself. Yet given her current state, and given the way Sarada had inadvertently- both by means of her familiarly to Sekhmet, and a coincidence involving Totoma's Kizuna- given rise to long forgotten memories, and the feelings they engendered ...

Ishtar could only guess at the reasons.

Lifting her head up then, towards the horizon out past the edge of the Lookout, the golden-eyed Oni knew well the feelings that swelled within her now. In the end, despite having a reason to stay ... despite having found within her a desire to simply enjoy what fleeting happiness could be found here not a single day before ...

It had been a foolish dream.

"... I see."

After a few moments of pained silence, at the realizations provided by Zurvan's offering, Ishtar realize she was not alone. Asha'rah, the Fallen Eikon had found it within herself to sit and meditate at her side. Perhaps simply doing so while waiting for a chance to converse?

Likely. One such as her did not act without purpose. Sitting as she was did not seem a coincidence.

So be it.

Taking another moment to smooth over the emotions exposed by what she realized may never be, Ishtar sighed and offered Asha'rah a small nod.

"I hope you have not been waiting long, Asha'rah. Is there something you would like to discuss?"
    Waiting long? No, not at all. Asha'rah had spent the time training her mind. That she could do so in silence around Ishtar was a pleasant convenience. The heaviness in Ishtar's shoulders did not waver, however, even upon the completion of her reading. Then the blue-skinned oni looked up, her large golden eyes holding a serious air. Then a question. Was there something Asha'rah wished to discuss?

Asha'rah nodded gently from her seated position.

"Only if you wish it. You appear troubled by what you have read. Many of us will be going our separate ways for a while. I too have my own motivations to attend. But if I might know the tale behind what weighs upon you, I would."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    In the empty hall of the white room, Charco twist on the ground. The divine light, the self same outpour which permeate every chamber seemingly sourceless within the foundation of the Lookout made his struggle clear to Ochazuke's vision, the subtler things below the surface struggle he observed through the field of his waking meditation.

Nothing escaped his sight as tortured fingers strove to render to terrible claw where they hit the floor. The habit of violence leapt from Charco, diminished and futile as he struggled to fight against something external, lashing out against the visible foe where the greater struggle was within.

And there was no power there hidden in the firmness of form gathered to the boy's fist. His steadfastness to rise still, much less gather himself for the attempt, however, was worthy of praise. The muscles bundled fast where he had struck and a wall of muscle pushed his hand away.

Interesting. Even in this condition his focus is ever upon the threats around him.

Ochazuke observed Charco further as his knees folded under him, coiled and spent to render impeccable form.

"The presence of mind to find your footing is commendable. Your Grandmother has trained you well," he said. "If you can gather yourself to do that, then you can do more."

He could feel the wild frustration, the bestial panic and rage lashing out in the scope of his sense-awareness. Ochazuke knew that this was all according to how he had been taught in the scope of what he was familiar to. It is a common folly to chase the unfamiliar course with a mind fixed to a proper way, what is known, instead of seeing a thing for what it truly is.

"Still your mind now. Collect yourself. Or have you forgotten how to breathe?"
    Breathe? The thought sounded stupid at first. Ochazuke had struck him, sealing away his breathing... or did he?

On the edge of consciousness Charco stood, the darkness was just upon him, yet like that, it was over. Taking in a breath, fresh oxygen returned, only to be sputtered out by gasps as the boy greedily gulped at the air previous denied to him.

Had it really been that simple? Had it all been in his head? Uncertain, he just lied on the floor a bit longer and savored his newly rediscovered ability to breathe.

"That... was rough." He admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Waiting long? No, not at all. Asha'rah had spent the time training her mind. That she could do so in silence around Ishtar was a pleasant convenience. The heaviness in Ishtar's shoulders did not waver, however, even upon the completion of her reading. Then the blue-skinned oni looked up, her large golden eyes holding a serious air. Then a question. Was there something Asha'rah wished to discuss?

Asha'rah nodded gently from her seated position.

"Only if you wish it. You appear troubled by what you have read. Many of us will be going our separate ways for a while. I too have my own motivations to attend. But if I might know the tale behind what weighs upon you, I would."
    Ishtar's head bobbed slowly, as the Goddess explained. And in the end, Asha'rah simply wished to know what it was, that troubled her. A thing the Oni considered only for a moment.

"I suppose, there is no reason in refusing to say. It is as you say after all, in the end most of those assembled here will go on their way." And in the end, even in the best of situations Ishtar would have as well ... Heading out once more to understand what was to come, in the hopes of being prepared. Yet in light of this new information, what peace the Oni had found was to fade sooner than later; and what hope there was of remaining awhile, along with it.

Ishtar sighed.

"I just wanted to be freed of this ... burden, for a little while. I was given a second chance, and with it I believed; came time enough perhaps to rest and be at peace in the company of those I have developed a fondness for." Ishtar explained, slowly.

"Yet I have learned, than an echo of my past- the first act of a grief-stricken Destroyer- yet lingers. And it is a thing I will be compelled to return to, regardless of what I feel now. So in the end, it seems as if what I wished for will never be."

Ishtar sighed again, before shrugging.

"Nothing so profound, I suppose. Merely a woman who languishes at knowing her hoping was nothing more than a foolish dream."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 04-29-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Behind her, Asha'rah sensed Etrina's ki flare, as well as her own special brand of magic. There was a clash, wand against sword, but the wand did not break. Then a thump, the familiar sound of a palm strike hitting home. Not as smooth a transition of weight as some might manage, perhaps, but the parry had evidently smoothly exposed the swordswoman as the ki strike sent her reeling back. Asha'rah half-turned her head, not enough to put the golden-haired opponent out of sight, but enough that Etrina might have seen the hint of a smile if Asha'rah had a mouth with which to make one. To have endured the horror of this place in her formative years…who would have subjected a child to this? Some souls allowed themselves to warp, to twist around their own failings, and everyone around them suffered for it. Etrina carried the scars of such an experience to this day. Solving the maze would not heal them. But perhaps it could bring her some closure.

"Just like that. Your trauma is yours to bear, but you are already strong, Etrina. You have grown, and what you fear has not. Today, life is unfair in your favor."

Turning back to the Singing Void, Asha’rah felt pressure as it closed. The Void fought back against creation, light and nothingness warring for dominance. The golden-haired one spoke of her will, of old grudges, of a violation of the void. Its manner was haphazard and wrong, like a madman on a broken loop. This void believed itself the opposite of creation. The idea was creative, its comparison of Asha’rah’s works to tumors moving even. But…

“You are a contradiction. The void is nothing. You are the nothing. Yet you have will, you have desire, you strive. With every breath you take, every thought you make, you violate yourself.”

A hand lashed out and latched itself around the Singing Void’s head with a vice-like grip as if to crush her skull outright. The hand blazed blindingly bright…and then manifested searing hot magma. It whirled around the inside of Asha’rah’s palm, the beginnings of a planet’s core.

“I created destruction to oppose myself. I am the Alpha and the Omega. You are nothing, and therefore nothing stands between me and victory.”
    "You're wrong.....wrong......So wrong..." Two hands shot up, gripped Asha'rahs wrist and arm with unimaginable crushing force, ripping his hand free before pswinging and slamming the god of creation against the ground. Golden liquid dripped from the burned hand imprint on her head....the damage was severe but she didn't seem to care at all.

Pinning her to the ground, Parsic leaned in. Her golden eyes, perfectly whole despite the burned flesh around them, open unnatural wide....

"......I was here before you.......I'll be here after your gone....I am the nothing that is everything." Her eyes glowed, the infinite spiraling inside. "......we were innocent.....eternal and empty........you befouled our innocence with the light of creation. Mocked us with your concept of destruction. You drove the old ones away......your my enemy."

The void closed in from all sides. Asha felt a horrifying presence hiding just beyond the aspects eyes. Something was coming.

"Submit."

Asha'rah nodded, not judging. Midori had asked for guidance, and Asha'rah had given it. Though she cared about the green android's health, she was not her mother. Midori was her own person, and had to find her own way through life.

"Did it help? What did he say?"
    "Well, in a way. It got me fighting for all the good I ended up doing in the battle." Midori muttered, feeling herself get down as she remembered how useless she ended up being during the battle.

"As for what he said, he basically told me to stand and fight or get out of the way." Midori said, remembering exactly what he told her.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis