Page 22 of 631 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...oming-in-2016/

Please for the love of Odin don't let that casting be true...................

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...oming-in-2016/

Please for the love of Odin don't let that casting be true...................
    Yeah, Zac Effron would NOT be my first choice for Namor. Or my tenth. Or my 100th. But at this point, I'm pretty excited for the benefits of having a movie. Keeping my fingers crossed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    Best thing about Namor was his battles with the Hulk and Thing!!

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/0...es-of-sub.html
    Wow! How did I miss that! I love the one he did on the Hulk vs Namor fights. Great stuff. Thank you for sharing that link. Will add it to the first posts.

Number 3 on his list is one of my all time favorite issues.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Wow! How did I miss that! I love the one he did on the Hulk vs Namor fights. Great stuff. Thank you for sharing that link. Will add it to the first posts.

Number 3 on his list is one of my all time favorite issues.

Yeah, this guy has the best superhero blog on the net -- by far. Always something interesting in it.

BANNED

Yeah, this guy has the best superhero blog on the net -- by far. Always something interesting in it.
    The amount of info he uses to support his articles is amazing. Though, of course, I don't quite agree with his assessment of the travesty that was A vs X #1 and the Namor / Thing fight.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    The amount of info he uses to support his articles is amazing. Though, of course, I don't quite agree with his assessment of the travesty that was A vs X #1 and the Namor / Thing fight.

Oh...yeah, that was a BIG black eye to the Namor-mythos. I actually think that moment hurt Namor's reputation more than most people think.

Come on, Namor wasn't suppose to lose in the depths of the sea, not like that. A sad moment.

Spectacular Member

Awesome quote. And most people need to be reminded of this;

During the 60's and 70's nobody did a better job at fighting both of Marvel's legendary man-monsters; The Incredible Hulk and The Ever-Lovin-Blue-Eyed-Thing than The "Savage" Sub-Mariner did! He was just as brutal and tenacious as either of those brutes and had many epic battles with them that laid the foundation of the Marvel Universe during the Silver Age. These slugfests are what truly gave Namor his reputation, proving that he could stand up to any Marvel Super-Heavyweight no matter how big, how durable or how strong and be victorious! When Namor fought either the Hulk or the Thing it was always an event with a lot of ego and destruction involved.

-John Cimino, Hero Envy
    d.

BANNED

Oh...yeah, that was a BIG black eye to the Namor-mythos. I actually think that moment hurt Namor's reputation more than most people think.

Come on, Namor wasn't suppose to lose in the depths of the sea, not like that. A sad moment.
    Oh, don't get me started! O_O

The only redeeming thing about it was the jobbery was so blatant (stunned by a piece of pumice???), that it can be countered by tons of scans of Namor NOT being stunned by everything from Thing's rocky fist to bullets to Hulk right cross.

And I don't think it was the thrashing he said it was, but it was total disregard for Namor's abilities in his own environment. Which keeps happening of late, so yeah, it tends to add up as far as people's perceptions of what Namor and his people can do. It's power drift happening right now.

Awesome quote. And most people need to be reminded of this;

During the 60's and 70's nobody did a better job at fighting both of Marvel's legendary man-monsters; The Incredible Hulk and The Ever-Lovin-Blue-Eyed-Thing than The "Savage" Sub-Mariner did! He was just as brutal and tenacious as either of those brutes and had many epic battles with them that laid the foundation of the Marvel Universe during the Silver Age. These slugfests are what truly gave Namor his reputation, proving that he could stand up to any Marvel Super-Heavyweight no matter how big, how durable or how strong and be victorious! When Namor fought either the Hulk or the Thing it was always an event with a lot of ego and destruction involved.

-John Cimino, Hero Envy
    d.
    Entirely correct! You knew you were going to get your dime's worth when you saw Namor and either of those two on the cover. Namor was definitely given a lot more respect by writers back then, but then they would have remembered Golden Age Namor, who was one of Timely's big three.

Though, I will have to point out, that Jeff Parker gave Namor a good bout with the Red Hulk in his run, when Namor knocked him right out of the ocean.

As seen here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...rv6939_cov.jpg
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 05-17-2014 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Changed image to a link

BANNED

Are Universal and Legendary Plotting a Namor Movie?

Latino Review is floating a theory that’s sure to intrigue fans of a certain aquatic superhero, to say nothing of those who try to track the serpentine path of Marvel’s film rights.

Following Universal Pictures’ announcement on Wednesday of an “Untitled 2016 Event Project” from its new partner Legendary Pictures, the website suggests tentpole could be a Sub-Mariner movie, as the studio still holds the rights.

It’s certainly an interesting proposition, even if there’s not much evidence to support it. Latino Review notes that the untitled film, pegged for release on Nov. 4, 2016, is vaguely characterized as “new and not a sequel or remake, though it may be based on underlying intellectual property.”

That could describe Namor, of course, but it could also be used to describe any number of other properties. The site also points to its own earlier rumor about Zac Efron being targeted for a Marvel movie, and the possibility of Universal/Legendary beating Warner Bros. to putting an undersea hero on the big screen. However, none of that is particularly convincing.

BANNED

Awesome links here!
    Thank you! It's a work in progress, as I've been trying to rebuild a few threads. I've got to add Chivian's website for sure, and I need to go through CBR's articles, at some point.

If you (or anyone) have any other links or story arcs or books to recommend, please post them and I'll add them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Are Universal and Legendary Plotting a Namor Movie?

Latino Review is floating a theory that’s sure to intrigue fans of a certain aquatic superhero, to say nothing of those who try to track the serpentine path of Marvel’s film rights.

Following Universal Pictures’ announcement on Wednesday of an “Untitled 2016 Event Project” from its new partner Legendary Pictures, the website suggests tentpole could be a Sub-Mariner movie, as the studio still holds the rights.

It’s certainly an interesting proposition, even if there’s not much evidence to support it. Latino Review notes that the untitled film, pegged for release on Nov. 4, 2016, is vaguely characterized as “new and not a sequel or remake, though it may be based on underlying intellectual property.”

That could describe Namor, of course, but it could also be used to describe any number of other properties. The site also points to its own earlier rumor about Zac Efron being targeted for a Marvel movie, and the possibility of Universal/Legendary beating Warner Bros. to putting an undersea hero on the big screen. However, none of that is particularly convincing.
    I just replied to that! Heh.

I'm not holding my breath, but every article that puts Namor in front of Marvel editorial is a GOOD thing.

Who would you want cast as Namor?

And what about villians? I almost think Attuma could work as the 1st villian and show him taking power in beginning of film and then Namor taking back his throne. Or he'd be great in follow up movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    As I've said before Jonathan Rhys-Meyers would be perfect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post

And what about villians? I almost think Attuma could work as the 1st villian and show him taking power in beginning of film and then Namor taking back his throne. Or he'd be great in follow up movie.
    I like that plot, but I would like to see some interaction with the surface world, i.e. Betty Dean. And I'd use one of these as the villain.

My favorite Namor villian is Llyra. The woman who took Namor wife, his kingdom, and his father, all because he spurned her... and she wanted Atlantis for herself. And that's not even getting into the Sue imposter and Llyron business.

I'm also real keen on Suma-Ket and Artys Gran -- ancient evil, baby sacrificing, sorcerer royals. But you'd have to be careful not to make them too intriguing. Whoever plays Namor would have to be as awesome as the comic Namor is.

In the David Self script, Krang was the villain, but he was like half monster. He was trying to take over Tha-Korr's kingdom, when Namor showed up. But again, they made Namor like Aquaman, which I didn't care for. Namor should be raised in Atlantis.

Casting .... DIFFICULT.