Page 88 of 598 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188588 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    I like the Oliver Killed Sara theory. It would provide just the kind of drama that the show lives on.

I also like the idea that secretly Merlyn is an evil bastard and did kill her. That's probably not it, though.
    I think that maybe it was Count Vertigo. There is no way that they would only use a villain like that as a throw-away character.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

It was Harrison Welles- obviously he needed Laurel to become Black Canary to keep history straight or else Sara posed a threat to Barry Allen <g>

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think that maybe it was Count Vertigo. There is no way that they would only use a villain like that as a throw-away character.
    Would Sara know him?

Ultimate Member

Considering that we don't know where she went or who she met in the time between the fight with Slade on the Island and Nyssa finding her "starving," technically she could know pretty much anyone in the DCU. Heck they could say that she met WW at some point and you couldn't really say that it doesn't make sense because we don't know much about her travels yet (still hoping for a flashback episode or two that delves into that at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Considering that we don't know where she went or who she met in the time between the fight with Slade on the Island and Nyssa finding her "starving," technically she could know pretty much anyone in the DCU. Heck they could say that she met WW at some point and you couldn't really say that it doesn't make sense because we don't know much about her travels yet (still hoping for a flashback episode or two that delves into that at some point).
    That would be an interesting thing for them to do. End the season an episode early and have the season finale be all about sara and her time in the league

Man im worried Ras wont be as awesome as ive built him up to be. looks like cult leader from the following so far.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    IM pretty sure he thinks Merlyn will do more good for Thea being around as a protector cause he cant always be the there. He will also become uneasy allies with them in the war against Ra'. Im almost certain by his response Ra's had Sara killed.
    Having Merlyn close to Thea is the worse thing Ollie could do to her. This episode illustrated that. Thea is now in the League's sights because she's Merlyn's daughter. BTW, why would Ollie even tell Nyssa that Thea was Merlyn's daughter?

Great episode! Loved the three way fight scene. It's weird to see Laurel getting buff. Though they have a lot of work to do if they want it to be believable that she's a world class ass kicker. More than just some time in Wildcat's gym.
    Seriously Arrow, you have Ra's not sporting his trade mark facial hair?!? He just looks like some random guy.

Incredible Member

I love the show and at this point nothing is going to make me not love it. However I am finally genuinely disappointed with something as of this episode (as are some others), and that is the portrayal of Ras al Ghul. The guy is going to have to act his socks off to change that (and I hope he does- fingers crossed). His look and voice are all wrong, I had real trouble seeing him as Nyssa's father, he doesn't even look old enough, and I'm starting to seriously wonder what live action's problem is in portraying this iconic character. First he was ignored and left out, and I like to imagine what a Michael Keaton Batman-Ricardo Montalban Ras pairing might have been like (Montalban being an actor I think could have nailed the role in his day). Then we got Liam Neeson who is always great in everything he does, you truly can't go wrong with him, yet his Ras still wasn't spot-on from the comics. I guess I'm a purist- I like to see comic characters translate as closely as possible to the screen. "Arrow" delivered an awesome shot of Nanda Parbat that had me going "All right, we're gonna see Ras!" Then as they started to show him it was looking good- the clothes, the sword, etc. But when they finally showed his face I just went "Oh who the heck is this guy?" Again, I hope he ends up winning me over.

Other thoughts on the episode- I was genuinely sad for Nyssa when she found out about Sara. Thea seems to be diving back into life in Starling at breakneck speed and here I was thinking she was only going to visit briefly. I had been missing Verdant being open and it'll be nice to have it back. What she's keeping secret is a bit maddening but she's probably justifying it by how much she was lied to for so long. I wonder if Oliver will continue his process of disclosure with her, and finally tell her he's the Arrow. His desire to be ethical seems to be leading that way. Seeing him murder a man without first knowing why in the flashback was disturbing. When it turned out the man had to do with Fyres it made me think that anyone who's new to the show won't have any idea who Fyres was.

Merlyn- great to see him and Oliver match wits again and the reveal to Oliver that he was still alive actually took me a bit by surprise as I was expecting it to take a little longer. Oliver's comment that Merlyn must have had an operative in the coroner's office was interesting, implying that the person responsible for declaring him dead simply lied. But I'll repeat here what I've said before- I rewatched the Season 1 finale very carefully, and Merlyn was stabbed through the heart. It's hard to come back from that, but then again we have yet to see whether the Lazarus Pit will be included, and if that's not what happened it wouldn't be the first time Oliver wrongly thought someone was surely dead who simply wasn't because it also happened with Deadshot. Anyway, when Merlyn was bragging that even the Lian Yu prison couldn't hold him I was wishing Oliver would have called him on that and said "You think so? Let's find out. Deathstroke needs someone to talk to."

The theory of Oliver being mind controlled into killing Sara- Oh my. Ooooooh my god. That is scary as hell but also highly intriguing. Just think how badly that would crush him when he finds out what he did. If you think he wigged out after the death of Tommy I think this would make that pale by comparison. I truly hope it is not the case.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Having Merlyn close to Thea is the worse thing Ollie could do to her. This episode illustrated that. Thea is now in the League's sights because she's Merlyn's daughter. BTW, why would Ollie even tell Nyssa that Thea was Merlyn's daughter?
    Because Nyssa was starting to say "I swear, if I have to find out for myself..." and Ollie knew she meant business.

I imagine they'd find out anyway (or just kidnap multiple people that they suspect to be son/daughter of Merlyn), with Ollie telling it himself he sorta gets a first move in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Would Sara know him?
    Possibly?
    10char
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Because Nyssa was starting to say "I swear, if I have to find out for myself..." and Ollie knew she meant business.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I imagine they'd find out anyway (or just kidnap multiple people that they suspect to be son/daughter of Merlyn), with Ollie telling it himself he sorta gets a first move in this game.
    Again, it doesn't really help anything. In fact, it immediately put Thea in the League's crosshairs. The smarter thing to do would've been to capture Merlyn or let Nyssa take him out. Either way Thea's safe from the League.

Astonishing Member

merge this?????????

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

The guy playing Ra's is going to have to wow the hell out of me. I was woefully underwhelmed by his big reveal.