Page 215 of 234 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Also because there seems to be some limitation on supporting characters in Wanda's own book, the only old faces are like Pietro and Agatha. Some more Avengers would be nice, like show us she hang out with Janet or something. Don't pretend she cut all connection with Avengers.

Which is why I hope the show will hold more personal meaning to Wanda than making that much of an impact on another movie, for example, you will understand Wanda's motives and character better in DS2 if you watched WV, but you can still enjoy the movie's story on its own.(Meaning the narrative within the movie is complete and not missing any piece.) Basically WV could enhance the experience of watching DS2, but not viewing it should not compromise the basic cinematic experience of DS2.
    I would love to see Wanda and Janet hang out more. There should be a Wanda and Wasp comic.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I would love to see Wanda and Janet hang out more. There should be a Wanda and Wasp comic.
    I agree with this! It'd be likely a very fun read.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I agree with this! It'd be likely a very fun read.
    It would. Also Wanda did design some Avengers costumes maybe they could have a fashion business together

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

In case anyone missed it, an AU Wanda appeared in
    spoilers:
    Annihilation Scourge #1, as part of the Cancerverse Revengers, in a single full-page panel group shot.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    In case anyone missed it, an AU Wanda appeared in
    spoilers:
    Annihilation Scourge #1, as part of the Cancerverse Revengers, in a single full-page panel group shot.
    end of spoilers
    Which is kinda puzzling since Cancerverse Wanda was a traitor and she was dead along with other Revengers and Lord Mar-Vell when Thanos brings death back to Cancerverse if I remember correctly.

It would. Also Wanda did design some Avengers costumes maybe they could have a fashion business together
    I found that tidbit odd. Because Wanda never really seemed into fashion that much. And a lot of her clothing choices made her seem fashion adjunct. But they had her design one costume. And it seemed more like a gendered thing for the time. It was also there and gone really quick.

I think I like Wanda as being fashion clueless or not really caring. And Jan (being the fashionista) to help her friend.

I found that tidbit odd. Because Wanda never really seemed into fashion that much. And a lot of her clothing choices made her seem fashion adjunct. But they had her design one costume. And it seemed more like a gendered thing for the time. It was also there and gone really quick.

I think I like Wanda as being fashion clueless or not really caring. And Jan (being the fashionista) to help her friend.
    I'm not sure I would call her fashion clueless given she has her own style and I wouldn't be surprised if she did design some of her own costumes. Still I would love to see Wanda and Jan having their own fashion business, maybe where they design superhero costumes (they could also bring Mary Jane with them as well, since she also designed some of Peter's costumes)

I'm not sure I would call her fashion clueless given she has her own style and I wouldn't be surprised if she did design some of her own costumes. Still I would love to see Wanda and Jan having their own fashion business, maybe where they design superhero costumes (they could also bring Mary Jane with them as well, since she also designed some of Peter's costumes)
    She wore ugly sweaters and a big wrestler type belt with an evening gown..... I mean there's nothing wrong with it. Not everyone HAS to be fashionable. I just think back in the day they had her make Giant Man's costume because she was just the girl around. Because she never expressed that desire or skill before or since.

Extraordinary Member

It's almost certain that Stan Lee wrote that Wanda made Hank's new costume because she was "the girl" and therefore the only one who could have made it. Just like he had her say she wanted to be an actress because that was one of the few professions a "girly" girl could aspire to in '60s comics (along with fashion designer, nurse, etc).

I like that when Wonder Man got (briefly) a new costume in the '70s, the writer (Jim Shooter) wrote in that Hank McCoy designed it, even though Wanda was standing right there. It was a subtle way of nodding to the changes in values that had taken place since the '60s.

Why is she used so little? She's an mcu avenger

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    We've been asking that question in this thread since 2015 and the answer is still unknown, but it's probably a bunch of things including movie rights (even after she became an MCU Avenger her movie rights were still partly owned by Fox), the Scarlet Witch solo book being produced outside the Avengers office, and writers/editors who aren't really familiar with the character because of the many years in the 2000s when she wasn't being used.

Right now she's not a mutant (because of the rights spat with Fox) so the huge X-Men relaunch doesn't use her, and she's not a big star so there is no room for her in the current Avengers book, and there's only one Avengers book so there's no other team to put her on.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    We've been asking that question in this thread since 2015 and the answer is still unknown, but it's probably a bunch of things including movie rights (even after she became an MCU Avenger her movie rights were still partly owned by Fox), the Scarlet Witch solo book being produced outside the Avengers office, and writers/editors who aren't really familiar with the character because of the many years in the 2000s when she wasn't being used.

Right now she's not a mutant (because of the rights spat with Fox) so the huge X-Men relaunch doesn't use her, and she's not a big star so there is no room for her in the current Avengers book, and there's only one Avengers book so there's no other team to put her on.
    I hope they start using her. She had such an iconic moment in endgame despite her little screentime which just shows the potential she has. Also even if she was still a mutant I couldn't see her going to Krakoa. She's always been more pro integration(?).

She wore ugly sweaters and a big wrestler type belt with an evening gown..... I mean there's nothing wrong with it. Not everyone HAS to be fashionable. I just think back in the day they had her make Giant Man's costume because she was just the girl around. Because she never expressed that desire or skill before or since.
    I don't think she's as fashion-obsessed as Jan is but I do agree she definitely has a very strong and feminine style that she exudes.

She doesn't wear name brands, but she doesn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    they fear her thicc
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Agreed. I wouldn't even mind finding out that, of the two of them, Pietro is the one most concerned with his clothes / appearance / how he's regarded by others. Wanda just goes with whatever, and her Busiek/Perez years of all the 'gypsy bling' was kind of an embarassing teenage phase (which she never got to have as an actual teenager...) and her equivalent of tons of beads and plastic bracelets and other such bright and shiny accessories. For a while, all the jingly bracelets made her happy, but now she's more serious and 'over that.'

To Janet, on the other hand, fashion is serious business! Stand back.