Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

We got some stories previews of Cheetah

https://ew.com/books/2020/01/21/wond...m_term=6602969

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

The full story Scott Snyder did was already posted by THR [url]https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-no-750-launches-new-era-dc-preview-1271697?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

EDIT: Oh, I’m late. Whoops!

That Hitch art looks phenomenal, did he switch up colorists? Looks way better than his previous work.

I’m not checking out the previews because I don’t want any spoilers, but I’m impressed that the Hollywood Reporter is giving the WW comic this kind of publicity.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So are we thinking Scott Snyder's book is going to be called wonder woman and the justice society of america or is that too long of a title?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So are we thinking Scott Snyder's book is going to be called wonder woman and the justice society of america or is that too long of a title?
    Would be cool if they named it that, but fairly certain it’d be just JSA.

Incredible Member

It's pretty cool that EW and Hollywood Reporter are giving Wonder Woman such amazing and potentially widespread press. I'm excited to see what Rucka and Scott do with Circe and Cheetah. I didn't realize that Scott had not gotten a chance to draw Cheetah and from the preview, she's done an amazing job. Between Orlando, Rucka and Snyder, I'm quite hyped to read the issue tomorrow. DC has done a great job with the press for this issue.

Rucka says this might be his last WW story and that he feels that as a 50 year old white guy he might be better off stepping back and letting fresh voices do Diana. I understand his point of view, but it’s still a little disappointing. I really wanted to get a WW vs. Circe story out of him since I loved the way he wrote her in his Rebirth run, and I also was hoping he’d still write that Black Label WW book he wanted to do sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Snyder’s complete preview with dialogue:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...tm_name=iossmf
    The art is actually surprisingly on-point for Hitch.

Story-wise, this is pretty solid, but I'm not sure I care enough for it to be Diana's new origin or how obviously it's trying to tie her to the JSA. As it's own thing I might have liked it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    DC has a knack for those kinds of titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Rucka says this might be his last WW story and that he feels that as a 50 year old white guy he might be better off stepping back and letting fresh voices do Diana. I understand his point of view, but it’s still a little disappointing. I really wanted to get a WW vs. Circe story out of him since I loved the way he wrote her in his Rebirth run, and I also was hoping he’d still write that Black Label WW book he wanted to do sometime in the future.
    Which is ironic when Scott Snyder is only, like, 6 years younger .

What the hell? The Bombshells? Canon?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...ells-spoilers/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What the hell? The Bombshells? Canon?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...ells-spoilers/
    It's not. I read it and that story showed many things and characters that can't possibly be there at that time.

Of course, I was referring to this line in the article:
    DC Bombshells are also part of the new DC Timeline as well?
    I did think maybe same name ancestors would explain it (like why the two Wally Wests share their name, they're both named after the same person). But that would definitely be a problem for any Superman related characters, at least.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That can work once maybe twice. But not for all those characters. And definitely not for a society born supergirl.

For the issue itself though. It was great. Glad the cheetah story is done and Orlando had Diana do it with her own skills.

Just a reminder that a new 'SPOILER' thread should be started for the full issue when it's being discussed
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Rucka says this might be his last WW story and that he feels that as a 50 year old white guy he might be better off stepping back and letting fresh voices do Diana.
    While I can understand where you are coming from, I love how self-aware this guy is.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.