The temperature is rising

CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill Denounces Fellow Panelist as ‘Mediocre Ne***’ For Defending Trump

No matter how upset you get, that kind of language is just wrong

CNN analyst Marc Lamont Hill attacked a fellow panelist Monday for his work on Donald Trump‘s National Diversity Coalition, calling him a “mediocre Ne***” being manipulated by Trump.

“I love Steve Harvey and I have respect for Steve Harvey and I think his intentions were appropriate, but my disagreement is the way in which he’s being used by folk like Donald Trump,” Hill said.

“They keep bringing up comedians and and actors athletes to represent black interests. It’s demeaning, it’s disrespectful, and it’s condescending,” he continued. “Bring some people up there with expertise Donald Trump, don’t just bring up people to entertain.”

“You weren’t even there…” responded Bruce LeVell, a member of Trump’s diversity team. “Pastor Darryl Scott, Mike Cohen, they are in the process of bringing all types of people from all over the country, from all different backgrounds. Remember the diversity coalition where we reached out to all different types of people?”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill Denounces Fellow Panelist as ‘Mediocre Ne***’ For Defending Trump

I always find funny the way people from english speaking countries say the word negro, which is the spanish word for black, i dont know there is something about their accent or pronuntiation of the word "ne"
    Last edited by Jeanpaul123; 01-17-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Not a good response at all - this is going to be all over conservative media as 'proof' that everyone on the left is like this.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Not a good response at all - this is going to be all over conservative media as 'proof' that everyone on the left is like this.

Even then the guy is right, Trump should meet with more african american that arent celebrities like Don king, Kaney or Harvey.

Just yesterday Trump had a meeting with Martin Luter Kong III, if i am not wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanpaul123 View Post
    I always find funny the way people from english speaking countries say the word negro, which is the spanish word for black, i dont know there is something about their accent or pronuntiation of the word "ne"
    I know enough Spanish to know how the word is pronounced that way. In English, there are many words with multiple pronunciations and meanings. I know there are English words that are harmless in English, but in other languages the words sound too much like wrong kind of words.

Betsy DeVos Wants to Use America's Schools to Build "God's Kingdom"

Uh, say what?

For deeply devout people like Lanting and DeVos, that's no small detail, and education plays a key role in that mission. Since her nomination, DeVos hasn't said much publicly about her views on education—or whether she plans to defend the separation of church and state in public schools. (DeVos declined Mother Jones' request for an interview, but a Trump transition team spokeswoman replied in an email, "Mrs. DeVos believes in the legal doctrine of the separation of church and state.") However, in a 2001 interview for "The Gathering," a group focused on advancing Christian faith through philanthropy, she and her husband offered a rare public glimpse of their views. Asked whether Christian schools should continue to rely on philanthropic dollars—rather than pushing for taxpayer money through vouchers—Betsy DeVos replied, "There are not enough philanthropic dollars in America to fund what is currently the need in education…[versus] what is currently being spent every year on education in this country…Our desire is to confront the culture in ways that will continue to advance God's Kingdom."
    Okay, so DeVos believes that Religion should be taught in all schools, so, which religion? This is so messed up.

I know enough Spanish to know how the word is pronounced that way. In English, there are many words with multiple pronunciations and meanings. I know there are English words that are harmless in English, but in other languages the words sound too much like wrong kind of words.
    There are even words that are harmless in English, but sound too much like the wrong kind of English words.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The CIA’s Secret History Is Now Online

After restricting access to just four computers in a room in Washington, DC, the CIA is finally putting 12 million declassified pages on the web for all to see. View the documents here.
    Could be a researchers treasure trove.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Yeah, that's my concern as well. To right wingers, this is manna from heaven.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Trump's offer to Russia: an end to sanctions for nuclear arms cut - London Times

ah, yeah, right.......

So Russia gets rid of a few Nukes, Trump drops sanctions, they invade neighboring countries and then Russia goes back to building up its' arsenal.
    Now, hang on, ... a deal resulting in Russia having less nuclear weapons is bad?! What kind of logic is that? Just because it's Trump (and I despise him quite a bit), that does not make anything he does automatically bad. That's the kind of warped logic used by the Republicans on Obama's deal with Iran. And, really, if Russia breaks the agreement, then the US can put the sanctions back into place. Now, maybe Trump wouldn't do that, but at this point we don't know, and on face value, I think this deal (if Russia takes it) is a good thing.

In fact, the de-escalation with Russia policy is probably the one thing I agree with Trump on (though, I imagine, for different reasons). I mean, the US and Russia have enough nuclear arms to destroy the world a few times over, so forcing a confrontation between the two shouldn't be in anybody's interest. I swear, it's like some people want the Cold War back, even though it borders on miracle that we made it out of the last one without a nuclear war.

As a call to reason, here's an article on the subject from Glenn Greenwald:

Jeremy Corbyn Accused of Being Russian "Collaborator" for Questioning NATO Troop Build-Up on Border

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Comedian Rob Schneider poked Lewis with a tweet on Monday that suggested Lewis’ “illegitimate” comment was unbecoming of Dr. King’s example. “Rep. Lewis. You are a great person. But Dr. King didn’t give in to his anger or his hurt. That is how he accomplished & won Civil Rights.”
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    I swear, it's like some people want the Cold War back, even though it borders on miracle that we made it out of the last one without a nuclear war.
    But Hillary lost! We must avenge her by war with Russia!
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    But Hillary lost! We must avenge her by war with Russia!
    Haha yes. Everything is about Hillary. Pub won't let that shit go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Now, hang on, ... a deal resulting in Russia having less nuclear weapons is bad?! What kind of logic is that?
    Russia reducing it's nuclear arsenal from 3 times being able to wipe out all life on earth to just being able to do it twice isn't much of a reduction.

Especially if it's just done for show.

Obama Commutes Bulk of Chelsea Manning’s Sentence

The decision by Mr. Obama rescued Ms. Manning, who twice tried to commit suicide last year, from an uncertain future as a transgender woman incarcerated at the male military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. She has been jailed for nearly seven years, and her 35-year sentence was by far the longest punishment ever imposed in the United States for a leak conviction.

Now, under the terms of Mr. Obama’s commutation announced by the White House on Tuesday, Ms. Manning is set to be freed in five months, on May 17 of this year, rather than in 2045.

The commutation also relieved the Department of Defense of the difficult responsibility of her incarceration as she pushes for treatment for her gender dysphoria — including sex reassignment surgery — that the military has no experience providing
    He's more generous than I might have been.