Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I never imagined I would be so concerned with a characters haircut.

This is very depressing. We wait years for a LoSH resurrection, and we get Bendis, another reboot, and crap costumes. Not sure If I'll bother.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

This does not look very promising for me. I usually loathe Bendis' work, and I normally like Sook's, but I have to say I'm not feeling these designs. For someone who has been waiting for so long to see the Legion return, I have the unpleasent feeling I'm in for disappointemente. Well, still gonna give it a shot, anyway.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Beyond has been Prime Earth canon since Futures End. Multiversity’s version is the DCAU

As for the Legion: It sounds like Bendis genuinely loves them
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...505201665?s=20
    Also NEW FLIGHT RINGS:
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...634182656?s=20
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Bendis says he was offered Legion a few years back, very interesting.

Also some interesting quotes from reddit users

I feel like these quotes from some reddit users are true in a sense as I have been feeling like Bendis has been doing a lot of streamlining as well assembling, building and constructing things at DC.

And editorial is very much using him to do what they want as well.
    The idea of hiring Bendis to fix DC's continuity is kind of hilarious on so many levels .
    Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    This will definitely be my jumping on point for LOSH. It’s honestly very hard to get into them due to them not being very accessible. I’m not entirely clueless about the them, read a few issues here and there. But I sincerely hope that Bendis focuses on a small core group. Too many characters to follow imo.
    He said the Legion for his run is 34 members.

Whether Bendis will actually be able to manage and efficiently utilize these 34 members remains to be seen (but I'm not counting on it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The LoS will be debuting earlier than expected. They’re gonna show up in Superman #14 in August.

https://www.newsarama.com/45608-legi...perman-14.html

Damn, not even Ivan Reis could make Saturn Girl’s new design look good. Cosmic Boy is definitely a POC now. Though he’s an alien so I don’t know if that counts.
    I really do not like the hair on either of the Big Three. I don't even know what Saturn Girl's hair is doing there.

I thought Cosmic Boy was Asian but he's much more darker-skinned here.

Wildfire's design is so simple, why did they have to make it look so busy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Oh crap, that may indeed be Timber Wolf. He looks pretty bad. They really should just embrace the “Wolverine hair” that Brin actually had first.
    Wait, that's Timber Wolf? Why does he need all that armor ?

Aw I think Saturn Girl's costume looks better than the concept art...

I would say the only whose costume is bad is Cosmic Boy and that's b/c to me he needs more black or whatever to break up all that pink.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I never imagined I would be so concerned with a characters haircut.
    Tbh this is the real travesty

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The idea of hiring Bendis to fix DC's continuity is kind of hilarious on so many levels .
    Uh I think the point that is being made is that whatever DC wants done, Bendis is doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Cosmic Boy was Asian but he's much more darker-skinned here.
    Filipinos are usually dark-skinned asians so both those characteristics are not mutually exclusives.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    This will definitely be my jumping on point for LOSH. It’s honestly very hard to get into them due to them not being very accessible. I’m not entirely clueless about the them, read a few issues here and there. But I sincerely hope that Bendis focuses on a small core group. Too many characters to follow imo.
    That's a shame, because that is a huge part of what fascinated me with the Legion. I didn't have to know who everyone was and what everyone could do -- I learned from story to story.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Aw I think Saturn Girl's costume looks better than the concept art...
    Reis does the best that he can...
    I would say the only whose costume is bad is Cosmic Boy and that's b/c to me he needs more black or whatever to break up all that pink.
    Wildfire and Timber Wolf look a little too busy. Lighting Lad looks fine aside from the hair (seriously, why does the Big Three all need short hair for some reason?)
    Filipinos are usually dark-skinned asians so both those characteristics are not mutually exclusives.
    Ah, okay.

The hair and the sleeveless look make Rokk look more like....a dude? I guess. I'm wondering if Bendis is revamping his personality entirely.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    These designs are atrocious. Reis indeed could not save them.

CB did look Asian from the concept art.
    If you zoom in on Cos, you can see he's got blue eyes, so maybe they're going for a mixed ethnicity look.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I know that it's heresy to long-term fans, but I have zero interests in reading outdated vision of the future because they were great once. It's the same problem I have with most of Marvel but especially the X-Men : they don't have an entry point for people like me who need somewhere clean to start.
    At the beginning of my comic reading I don't think I ever started at a "clean" spot.
    I just jumped in and figured it out as I went along.
    It was part of the fun of reading comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    At the beginning of my comic reading I don't think I ever started at a "clean" spot.
    True. I had so many questions regarding who, what, why, and other stuff when jumping into a series. Legion is a series that has a lot of characters, a lot of relationships both current and past, and a history of big events. The thought that ANY writer thinking they can come in, take the concept and redo it the "right" way is a juvenile fantasy. There are series which start with many characters and one eventually gets to know them. Any first television program with a dozen or so cast memebers being listed in opening credits is like this.

I don't think there are many fans who truly want a new writer NOT to bring in new members and new villians. Every (at least most) writer with a good reputation has done their own thing and expanded a franchise.

Rebooting again is lazy and amateurish.

Of course it would be BENDIS!. ::eyerolls::

That being said, I have actually enjoyed his DC work so far so I'll hold judgement. for now.

Don't mind the reboot so much as long as I get a good Wildfire and Dawnstar. They're the most important to me. ( started with S/LSH #205 and was collecting by 215 or so )

As with all the reboots and restarts before, If they suck, I'm out.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I did start at a “clean” spot, but it was the Five Year Gap run. Lots of long time readers saying how impossible it would be for new readers to figure out what was going on, because of the time jump, the lack of costumes and codenames, and the two universe resets within the first five issues, but I managed just fine. There wasn’t an internet to fill in the gaps for me back then, but I was reading it for the wide, sweeping story, and introduced myself to the characters one or two at a time. If the entire team is on panel, they’re there as wallpaper; you only need to concentrate on any given issue’s focus characters.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I've never understood this idea of a "clean jumping on spot" that a lot of readers seem to have. There is nothing about comics that suggests a clean jumping on point unless it's a new character. For me, that's part of the fun, learning who these characters are as the story goes, plus now, if you needed to know someone, just go to a forum and ask or wikipedia/google/yahoo whatever.
    That being said, rarely was the Legion ever written at full force, even Levitz at the best the Legion was worked them in small groups most of the time. I dont have a problem with Bendis writing the book, I've rarely hated his work and have been enjoying his DC stuff for the most part. Sook, however...I really wish they had gotten someone else to design the costumes. Can you imagine how they would have looked had Nicola Scott designed them? Or Ivan Reis...or Jason Fabok or anyone else really? These are...either overly complicated (Timber Wolf, Cham, Wildfire) or boringly simple (Saturn Girl...I too thought that was Element Lad when I first saw it which should say a lot about the design if readers are mistaking her for a completely different character.)

BANNED

So no mention of Saturn Girl and her "mission" in Doomsday Clock/DC Rebirth and/or Emerald Empress ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So no mention of Saturn Girl and her "mission" in Doomsday Clock/DC Rebirth and/or Emerald Empress ?
    I think they retconned Emerald Empress's connection to Saturn Girl to try and downplay how important it was or shift focus to Supergirl.

(The first signs DC wasn't quite sure what they were doing with the Rebirth plots).