Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The designs arent....completely terrible. Timber Wolf and Matter-Eater Lad have clearly been hitting the gym. Dawnstar's design is borderline offensive. She looks like a 1980's stereotype of a native american.

So if the purple girl is phantom girl, then who's standing next to ultra boy? X-S? Kid Quantum?
    Light Lass feather emblem

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah, I caught that part and the fact you brought of infamous GOTG run, I just found that strange because myself and Lonewolf36 were talking about how, unlike GOTG, this is very clearly a reboot, but he's jumping through hoops to let older fans know that their version is at least symbolically "hallowed ground." Our issue was that we wished he'd set his symbolic gesture aside for a moment and reiterate (because he has been pretty clear on it already) that this is a reboot.
    His version of the Guardians was basically a reboot, though, for all intents and purposes.

Keep getting worse and worse and worse. And we didnt get the writing ... wait for it

12 15 issues max ? place your bet

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    His version of the Guardians was basically a reboot, though, for all intents and purposes.
    I guess, but he never came out and said something like "there was never a Guardians team before now."

The conversation was more to do with marketing.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-26-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Keep getting worse and worse and worse. And we didnt get the writing ... wait for it

12 15 issues max ? place your bet
    See your 12-15 issues and I decrease it to 5-6.

If the designs are any indicator about the book... the only way it stays on the stands is if DC starts selling to libraries in the same form Marvel is with Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-27-2019 at 04:51 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The designs arent....completely terrible. Timber Wolf and Matter-Eater Lad have clearly been hitting the gym. Dawnstar's design is borderline offensive. She looks like a 1980's stereotype of a native american.

So if the purple girl is phantom girl, then who's standing next to ultra boy? X-S? Kid Quantum?
    I was kind of hoping matter eater lad would show off his physique a bit more.😄

Wow. For the first time I'm interested in the Legion of Superheroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But Bendis said currently (as in before issue 16 of Superman) there was no Legion of Super-Heroes in current DC continuity. He also said that this is the first time Superman will be meeting a Legion in this continuity.

It seems like Bendis is moving the Legion to the 32nd century to leave the 30th and 31st centuries untouched as symbolic memorial of those past stories from previous versions of the DCU.

I think it's similar to how, as per Doomsday Clock, Superman debuts later and later in the time line, and his previous first appearances are attributed to earlier continuities.

If this is true, it's going to cause more fracturing of the fanbase, which is exactly what the Legion does not need.

Bendis should have used my great idea of saying that the 32nd Century Legion was inspired by the original Legion. Both simple and effective.

That angle both allows the original continuity to remain in canon, and also allows Bendis to create a Legion that he can do whatever he wants with because the differences between classic-Legion and Bendis-Legion would not be due to retcons, they'd be because it's a completely different Legion so fans wouldn't start complaining that their childhoods had been raped.

If this really is yet another retcon where everything from the past did not happen, then this had better be the best Legion comic in all of human history in order to get the old Legion fans to accept all that they're losing from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Wow, thanks for the higher resolution image. I'm noticing the little unifying details between some of their suits, and Lightning Lad and Light Lass have great looking copper hair/brown hair.

Sook art is stunning, and the colors pop so well while still allowing the tiny details to stay visible. Genuinely can't wait to read this.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I hadn't noticed that the "Yellow Lantern" guy's eyes are totally covered - no eyeholes. Aside from Sensor Lass, does that sound like anyone?

Hey, at least the race-changed redheads still have reddish hair. That's better then most .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey, at least the race-changed redheads still have reddish hair. That's better then most .
    I agree with you there.

Me too. FOr starter, because they seems to be from a future with many planets of very different species. Not Human but with wierd powers everywhere.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Me too. FOr starter, because they seems to be from a future with many planets of very different species. Not Human but with wierd powers everywhere.
    Weren't they already that? I mean this doesn't look human to me.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Weren't they already that? I mean this doesn't look human to me.
    That's one example (and a random one at that) when most of the time the Legion and their future looked like this

or this

or this

The majority of the time at least.

As you'll notice, the vast majority of characters are not just conventionally human in appearance, but also predominantly white. There was a very real sense of homogenization for anyone on the outside looking in.

And to be clear, this isn't bashing the old designs and look, or the fans of them. There's always the context of the time they were created to take into account of course. Sensibilities were limited. And no one's somehow a bad person or whatever for being used to the team looking one way because that's what they've grown up reading. But this is just pointing out what some perspective fans in 2019 are finding visually inviting about the new look of the team/concept.

It also helps that the picture is both diverse and the people in it are casually smiling, touching, and having what seems to be a good time.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-27-2019 at 12:34 AM.